2010 Ford Fusion Order Guide

ice-capades

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to look at this. and i was trying to avoid getting off topic. But with that avatar i just had to ask lol. i have a question and this is on topic since i am looking really forward to ordering one. It seems you have been around these forums long enough, being a moderator and all. What are the best ways people talk of selling there cars? i am doing auto trader and it has been nothing but solicitation for me. And have you heard anyone ever talk about swapping the transmission out on the 4cyl auto to a manual? Thats the one thing i am going to miss so much. I figure its a very far stretch and i wont be able to but might as well ask.

I will have to look at this. and i was trying to avoid getting off topic. But with that avatar i just had to ask lol. i have a question and this is on topic since i am looking really forward to ordering one. It seems you have been around these forums long enough, being a moderator and all. What are the best ways people talk of selling there cars? i am doing auto trader and it has been nothing but solicitation for me. And have you heard anyone ever talk about swapping the transmission out on the 4cyl auto to a manual? Thats the one thing i am going to miss so much. I figure its a very far stretch and i wont be able to but might as well ask.

As for selling a vehicle, well, personally I've never had to do it! The first car I bought myself was my Cobra and I still own it. For simplicity's sake, I would just go the trade-in route or maybe dump it at a CarMax. They'll probably give you a bit more than a dealer would on a straight trade-in. If you have the patience and the know-how, you'll probably sell for the most using something like AutoTrader, so you're certainly not on the wrong path there. The only problem with that route is that, especially with the economy right now, it may take awhile to find a buyer.

As for the transmission, the manual will be missed, but I really doubt it would be worth the price or effort to get this done for you. You would be talking about a couple thousand dollars minimum, plus you would more than likely void your powertrain warranty entirely.

=( the lowest end model wins the battle. Have you ever heard of someone just selling a car to a dealer? My issue is with such high mileage and the economy, I was upside down by like 2 or 4k and the cost was just to high. And a dealer wouldn't go with a lease with me being so upside. Im lookin to buy a cobra as the car to balance my mileage out so i never go over =). Around the same year 2. I am going to check this carmax thing out now. Thanks for the advice.

=( the lowest end model wins the battle. Have you ever heard of someone just selling a car to a dealer? My issue is with such high mileage and the economy, I was upside down by like 2 or 4k and the cost was just to high. And a dealer wouldn't go with a lease with me being so upside. Im lookin to buy a cobra as the car to balance my mileage out so i never go over =). Around the same year 2. I am going to check this carmax thing out now. Thanks for the advice.

If you have any questions while Cobra shopping, feel free to let me know. I've had mine for over 11 years now and I'm pretty familiar with the rest of them also.

Sure you can. The Rapid Specs just exist to make it easier to fill out inventory with cars similar to what people would likely choose if they had to start from scratch on the option list. You usually won't find many models that aren't Rapid Spec just sitting in dealer inventory though.

That makes sense, good to know. I think you get a Rapid Spec discount too, so it may be worth it to get the extra stuff for a little bit more.

"And quit calling me Surely"

• 2 weeks later...
Still no HID lighting? Even as an option?

I was wondering the same thing. That being said, I have the Mach HIDs in my Focus and they've proven to be a mixed bag. They're great when they are working. But when the bulbs or ballast go on you, it's a pretty hefty bill.

Back to topic, does anyone have any inkling on Canadian pricing, especially the SEL I4 with the Sport Appearance Package? It looks like that might be the car that holds me over until the new Focus comes to market.

• 1 month later...
So you can get leather interior in a Hybrid model without having to order Rapid Spec 501A? That would be great if true.

Thanks,

Eric

Here is a link to a thread with the updated Fusion order guide with prices:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=29515

Looking at the guide, looks like leather seats are only available if you order Rapid Spec 502A (included in package) or as a stand-alone option if 501A is ordered. You will notice that the stand-alone option is grayed out for the base 500A rapid spec (and for 502A since it is already included in the spec package), so it is not available. Stand-alone price is $1190.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anything this car doesn't have?!

3 fantastic Engines

6-speed transmissions on all

Select Shift

AWD

E85

Hybrid

Sync

Vision Package (Camera/BLISS/Cross Traffic/Reverse Sensing)

Sony Sound

Projector Headlamps

Brilliant!

My Dad just bought a new Fusion SE Sport and I'm very impressed, glad to see he also has the only wheels which made it to 2010 (The 18" wheels with the painted pockets)

I am disappointed to see they don't have the Sport Appearance package anymore, the very reason he was attracted to it in the first place.

The order guide fails to mention that Vapor Silver was deleted.

I've got a HUGE problem. From what I can tell from the order guide and the Ford build&price at fordvehicles.com you can't get all that good stuf unless you also want a moonroof. which I DON'T want.

Maybe when the full Ford build&price website is up we will be able to order Buffet style.....

I want a 2010 SEL I4 with the Nav., BLIS, reverse sensing/rearview camera.

Any thoughts???

If not, I guess I will get a turbo Flex.

Edited by DUCKRACER

I've got a HUGE problem. From what I can tell from the order guide and the Ford build&price at fordvehicles.com you can't get all that good stuf unless you also want a moonroof. which I DON'T want.

Maybe when the full Ford build&price website is up we will be able to order Buffet style.....

I want a 2010 SEL I4 with the Nav., BLIS, reverse sensing/rearview camera.

Any thoughts???

If not, I guess I will get a turbo Flex.

your gonna have to get the moonroof. ford is trying to consolidate options, and the moonroof is ordered on most well equipped vehicles.

I dislike the moon roof because it takes up head room.

I am considering the Fusion Hybrid, and I was interested in the headroom issue with a moon roof. The salesman said the interior headroom in the 2009 is the same as the 2010. I sat inside a 2009 SEL with a moon roof. I had about an inch between the top of my head and the headliner, with the seat in driving position for me. It was very tight. My 2003 Camry w/moon roof has about 4 inches between me and the headliner. Does anyone know if the interior measurements for the 2010 are the same as the 2009? Having no head room will be a deal breaker.

I am considering the Fusion Hybrid, and I was interested in the headroom issue with a moon roof. The salesman said the interior headroom in the 2009 is the same as the 2010. I sat inside a 2009 SEL with a moon roof. I had about an inch between the top of my head and the headliner, with the seat in driving position for me. It was very tight. My 2003 Camry w/moon roof has about 4 inches between me and the headliner. Does anyone know if the interior measurements for the 2010 are the same as the 2009? Having no head room will be a deal breaker.

Headroom is 38.7 front, 37.8 rear for both the 2009 and 2010 Fusion. It doesn't specify with or without the moonroof.

Is ANYONE from FOMOCO reading this thread????

You know, I didn't even think about the moonroof reducing headroom. I hope it's not a problem being that I'm just over 6'. I was indifferent towards getting the moonroof as I hardly us the one I have now, but it was the only way to get everything I wanted...

You know, I didn't even think about the moonroof reducing headroom. I hope it's not a problem being that I'm just over 6'. I was indifferent towards getting the moonroof as I hardly us the one I have now, but it was the only way to get everything I wanted...

AT last! An advantage to being 5'6" - besides flying in coach...

I'm 6'3 and don't mind the sunroof. Granted it's not overly spacious but by dropping the seat I can sit comfortably :)

I'm 6'1", and much more comfortable when the seat is not flat on the floor with my legs straight out. My Camry allows me to raise the seat up without hitting my head on the headliner. I'll have to visit my local Ford dealer and sit in whatever Fusion they have to check the head room again. Thanks for the measurements.

My Camry allows me to raise the seat up without hitting my head on the headliner.

The dimensions from the toyota website for the 2009 camry:

with moonroof 37.9 front/37.4 rear

without moonroof 38.8 front /37.8 rear.

2010 Fusion is 38.7 front, 37.8 rear (I am assuming without moonroof)

So the headroom is virtually the same in both cars.

Edited by svtenthusiast

The dimensions from the toyota website for the 2009 camry:

with moonroof 37.9 front/37.4 rear

without moonroof 38.8 front /37.8 rear.

2010 Fusion is 38.7 front, 37.8 rear (I am assuming without moonroof)

So the headroom is virtually the same in both cars.

The outer edge of the moon roof frame is significantly lower in the Fusion than my Camry, which is a 2003. I don't know where Ford measures the headroom point from, but the thick part of the moon roof frame is directly over the driver's head in the Fusion but not in my Camry. The outer edge of the moon roof in my Camry is further to the left, which gives me more headroom. I appreciate the dimensions, but I have never whacked my head on the Camry headliner as I did when I sat in the Fusion and adjusted my seating position. I would be curious as to the dimensions of the Fusion with a moon roof. Perhaps it was the seating position that I chose as most comfortable in the Fusion, that placed me too close to the headliner. Due to a back problem, I am more comfortable when my legs are not straight out, but down somewhat. I really notice it when I try to get out of the car after driving for a couple of hours. If I have time this weekend, I will try out the seating position in a Fusion without a moon roof.

• 4 months later...