2010 Fusion details, pic

6-cylinder

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUCH better than the Milan!!!

This part blew my mind: "Fusion models equipped with the 2.5-liter I-4 engine are expected to deliver at least 3 mpg better on the highway than the Honda Accord and 2 mpg better than the Toyota Camry."

THAT is no small potatoes. Wow!

First I've read about this also:

Aggressive Deceleration Fuel Shut-off. The 3.0-liter V-6 also regulates its gas consumption by using aggressive deceleration fuel shut-off for an efficiency improvement of approximately 1 percent. When the driver releases the accelerator pedal to slow down, the system temporarily turns off the fuel. The flow of fuel seamlessly resumes when the vehicle reaches a low speed or when the driver accelerates again. The system uses the transmission to keep the engine running at a low, more efficient operating point whenever possible. This system will be added to the 2.5-liter lineup later in the 2010 model year.

So, the 2.5 will get even more efficient later in the year. Excellent!!

Edited by NickF1011

This is our first viewing of the Sport models unique front bumper, and I like it! It ties into the Euro design nicely, and perhaps in a year or two all Fusions will use this front bumper to bridge the gap more. Regardless, its nice to see the Sport model gets a unique look! Notice, the side marker light is moved for this model even.

Edited by spudz64

In terms of chassis, is it still CD3? Or is it migrating to the new Mazda6 chassis (EUCD, or some variant thereof, I think)?

Same platform as the previous model. Still CD3. The Mazda6 just moved to the same version of CD3 that the Fusion was already using. The Euro Mazda6 (different vehicle, although similar looking) uses EUCD. At least that's how I understand it.

For some reason the grill we've seen on the Spy shots looks different then this...maybe it was the sport model?

That wasn't a very flattering photo...chalk up another strike for Ford press shots!

The name of the file is "2010FusionSport.jpg", so I'm willing to bet it is the Sport model. Personally, I think it's pretty good looking.

2010FusionSport.jpg

I got some pricing from the 2010 Fusion order guide thread in the Fusion Forum.

2010 Fusion SE FWD Rapid Spec #200A $21,270

Rapid Spec #201A $21,815

Rapid Spec #202A $22,165

2010 Fusion SEL FWD Rapid Spec #300A $24,700

Rapid Spec #301A $25,595

Rapid Spec #302A $26,495

2010 Fusion SEL AWD Rapid Spec #300A $28,160

Rapid Spec #301A $29,055

Rapid Spec #302A $29,955

2010 Fusion Sport FWD Rapid Spec #400A $26,550

Rapid Spec #401A $27,445

Rapid Spec #402A $29,545

2010 Fusion Sport AWD Rapid Spec #400A $28,400

Rapid Spec #401A $29,295

Rapid Spec #402A $31,395

2010 Fusion Hybrid Rapid Spec #500A $27,995

Rapid Spec #501A $29,590

Rapid Spec #502A $31,940

I hope the 2010 fusion doesnt have a long TSB list like the current one has. Hopefully fords been able to fix all of the earlier probs.

You're kidding, right? The Fusion has virtually NO TSBs compared to other similar vehicles. Go count the number of TSBs that actually reference a unique part failure or problem and compare it to any other similar vehicle from the same year. Get real.

I hope the 2010 fusion doesnt have a long TSB list like the current one has. Hopefully fords been able to fix all of the earlier probs.

:headscratch:

ALL vehicles have TSB's. And long lists of them at that.

At least it isn't a long list of RECALLS. Go find my thread on those that I started a couple weeks ago.

You're kidding, right? The Fusion has virtually NO TSBs compared to other similar vehicles. Go count the number of TSBs that actually reference a unique part failure or problem and compare it to any other similar vehicle from the same year. Get real.

To say NO TSBs isn't quite correct. However, the 2007 Fusion has approximately the same number TSBs as a 2007 Camry. It's relatively normal as TSBs go.

The 09' Fusion made it to the IIHS "Top Pick" safety award.

The Camry nor the Malibu are on that list, just the Accord.

"and offer fuel-efficient six-speed transmissions on 98 percent of its North American lineup by the end of 2012. "

Who MAKES the 6-speed transmission?

(I.E. I believe Ford & co. are comin around... time to invest!)