Edmund's Review on the MKS AWD

mettech

MKS AWD

The same stuff that has been discussed before.

If you drive another car in the same class, the MKS is 2nd best.

I like the MKS looks, but when a Hyundai can outperform and outclass a Lincoln.... Well..... :shades: :banghead:

I think the first paragraph sums it up.

Hyundai's quality is still not as good as Ford's, at least not from a durability stand point. I've test driven an MKS twice - all I can say is "WOW". A hell of a nice car, best Lincoln in a decade, and not deserving of the slams some of the press have given it. Can't wait to test drive the 3.5 liter twin turbo version next year.

• 4 weeks later...
Hyundai's quality is still not as good as Ford's, at least not from a durability stand point. I've test driven an MKS twice - all I can say is "WOW". A hell of a nice car, best Lincoln in a decade, and not deserving of the slams some of the press have given it. Can't wait to test drive the 3.5 liter twin turbo version next year.

Its going to be a long road for Lincoln to finally get back to being a trusted or well liked luxury brand. I personally think that the MKS is a good stepping stone but they need the MKR and a flagship to replace the Towncar that can at least attempt competing vs. LS460 and perhaps the Genesis.

• 10 months later...
MKS AWD

The same stuff that has been discussed before.

If you drive another car in the same class, the MKS is 2nd best.

I like the MKS looks, but when a Hyundai can outperform and outclass a Lincoln.... Well..... :shades: :banghead:

I think the first paragraph sums it up.

Thanks for the link mettech; this review corroborates EXACTLY my own impressions of a 2009 MKS FWD 3.7L during a 4 day eval last year.

Bottom line- SYNC and a very nice audio system are not enough to excuse the many flaws in this vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...
The 6verus8 helps to change my opinion of the MKS...

The 2010 with EcoBoost is a step up.

I was channel surfing a while ago and I came upon the middle of a "test" where a bunch of exotic cars like Audi, Jaguar, MB and maybe one or two more were timed on a (closed off from public) section of a mountain road. I got the impression that all except the EB powered MKS NA were V8s

The lincoln had the second lowest ET and had the fastest MPH in one section of the road.

Is that what you meant by the 6versus8?

Whatever it was, I was impressed with the performance of the Lincoln, especially considering the Lincoln's PRICE.

• 2 months later...
I was channel surfing a while ago and I came upon the middle of a "test" where a bunch of exotic cars like Audi, Jaguar, MB and maybe one or two more were timed on a (closed off from public) section of a mountain road. I got the impression that all except the EB powered MKS NA were V8s

The lincoln had the second lowest ET and had the fastest MPH in one section of the road.

Is that what you meant by the 6versus8?

Whatever it was, I was impressed with the performance of the Lincoln, especially considering the Lincoln's PRICE.

yes