What the the 2010 Mustang needs

timmm55

Now I wanna get involved with this photochop thing. Looks fun as hell!

Problem is, I'm as computer illiterate as you can really get....

I agree, only I'm not computer illiterate, I just have no graphical abillity at all. Here is my 'paint version of an '11 Mach 1. I think it may be just a little long. :hysterical:

post-22073-1227650347_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure why it's not working (per my tastes), but thanks for trying.

An interesting dead end is better than not ever trying.

The Boss is super hot by the way.

IMHO it's the wheels (too busy and not right for a Mustang)....and I cleaned up some of the other stuff (chrome grill, blacked out hood)

post-19198-1227690113_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1227690132_thumb.jpg

personally, I wish the hockey stick woulda been removed- but if it had to stay, two questions:

1) why dont the c-scoop close?

2) why does the crease continue past the hockey stick, and worse yet, why does it reappear behind the arch to disappear into nothing...

IMO the biggest thing the 2010 needs is a 'refresh of that refreshed rearend' - chamferred corners and tapered taillights turned me off so much I went out and bought a 09 after seeing the '10...our third S197, all three in Vista Blue :)

personally, I wish the hockey stick woulda been removed- but if it had to stay, two questions:

1) why dont the c-scoop close?

2) why does the crease continue past the hockey stick, and worse yet, why does it reappear behind the arch to disappear into nothing...

The crease disappears and reappears to allow for the wheel flare. I don't mind that part of it.

Also, it gives a little character to what would otherwise be a blank quarter panel.

Edited by rmc523

IMHO it's the wheels (too busy and not right for a Mustang)....and I cleaned up some of the other stuff (chrome grill, blacked out hood)

Looking better, but still kind of crossed eyed and blind. Perhaps it needs a separation crowl/fin (headlight bucket trim) which defines the headlight from the main grille. Right now the headlights and grille just sort of occupy the same territory and seem confused.

This was just so clean back in 1970, hard to duplicate.

http://www.mustangdreams.com/1970-Mustang-Grande.htm

1970Grande%20010.jpg

1970Grande%20001.jpg

The 2010 makes me appreciate the 1970 without being an exact copy, you have to respect the effort it took to pull this off.

The rear is going to take some getting used to, I have to see it in person I suppose.

Edited by kach22i

Oh JT...that color is BEAUTIFUL!

That is the revered Grabber Blue. Below is the only picture I have of my 1970 Boss here at work. I'm just praying the return of Grabber Blue equals a return of a limited edition B2.

Beautiful BOSS......but you've gotta lose those mud flaps! (a friend of mine has a 69 Cougar with mud flaps.....in SOCAL..where we seldom see rain, or mud!)

Beautiful BOSS......but you've gotta lose those mud flaps! (a friend of mine has a 69 Cougar with mud flaps.....in SOCAL..where we seldom see rain, or mud!)

Timmm55. Yes those are sweet. I've had many an urge to pull them off but the BOSS exists exactly as I purchased it in 1976. Even the 8 track player with a KISS tape stuck inside remains bolted between the seats. Otherwise she's as stock as the day it left Dearborn.

It runs best on Unocal 111 octane. Expensive yes, but is sure smells sweet!