Lincoln MKT

Fords#1Fan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely agree. Not even really sure why they changed it?? The proportions are better and the grille doesn't look quite as prominent compared to the lower fascia openings.

I'm sure the change had to do with airflow to the engine or (possible) lack thereof on the concept.

I'm sure the change had to do with airflow to the engine or (possible) lack thereof on the concept.

All they'd have had to change was the size of the lower opening. The kickups on the sides of the lower opening are the part that I think is really missing on the production one. They draw the eye a bit more away from the grille and disguise its size a bit.

Definitely agree. Not even really sure why they changed it?? The proportions are better and the grille doesn't look quite as prominent compared to the lower fascia openings.

isn't that always the way...add headlights also....concepts headlights are ALWAYS better looking.........

isn't that always the way...add headlights also....concepts headlights are ALWAYS better looking.........

I don't have a problem with the headlights at all, actually. They kept the same relative shape and proportion from the concept. They are a bit passe, but they aren't offensive at all.

I don't have a problem with the headlights at all, actually. They kept the same relative shape and proportion from the concept. They are a bit passe, but they aren't offensive at all.

yeah but borderline bland, compare with the concept...add a dash of Fairlane and Jag XF as well.....

OK! The armrests on the doors look funny. Doesn't look comfortable. I can't wait to put my arm there and try how it feels !!!

Those are some strange armrests, and I prefer the 360 degree door pulls over the slots. The best door trim design ever is in the 2010 Ford Taurus, hands down, bar none, it's how all interior door trim should be done.

The MKT needs to be seen in person to be judged, and I'll take a good long look at it. I don't know why Ford can't figure out a handsome all-around 7-seater design.

All they'd have had to change was the size of the lower opening. The kickups on the sides of the lower opening are the part that I think is really missing on the production one. They draw the eye a bit more away from the grille and disguise its size a bit.

I do think that key design element could've made it look a lot better. If you look at the production, the shape of the kickup is there (foglight surround), but it doesn't extend into the bumper like the concept.

OK! The armrests on the doors look funny. Doesn't look comfortable. I can't wait to put my arm there and try how it feels !!!

I thought the same thing, although they're probably more comfortable than they look.

Ya know after days of looking at it im starting to like it and the one shown in black on MT looks the here they in case haven't seen them.

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/detroit/112_2009_detroit_auto_show_coverage/photo_288.html

hope the link works if it dosen't fix it for me

Nope, doesn't work

I think this is the link you wanted:

http://wot.motortrend.com/6419422/auto-sho...ight/index.html

Other stand-alone options include Ford's new Active Park Assist (EcoBoost models only)

Is it true that Active Park Assist will be on EB models only?

And I do think that this car looks better in black. It sort of fixes the problem on the front end where the side foglamp surrounds are - they now look higher up into the bumper more like the concept because of the black paint blending with the black plastic in the lower grille.

As for the rear, eh, it looks a bit better, but I'm still not sure.

Nope, doesn't work

I think this is the link you wanted:

http://wot.motortrend.com/6419422/auto-sho...ight/index.html

Is it true that Active Park Assist will be on EB models only?

And I do think that this car looks better in black. It sort of fixes the problem on the front end where the side foglamp surrounds are - they now look higher up into the bumper more like the concept because of the black paint blending with the black plastic in the lower grille.

As for the rear, eh, it looks a bit better, but I'm still not sure.

Well I went to the show last night, and it is the back that is ugly, proportions are wrong, it looks like a hearse and the batmobile. I don't see this being a huge seller either it doesn't know what it wants to be, It also needs to sit a little higher 3-4 inches higher and it would have more SUV vs Wagon look.

The Front and side Profiles are not bad but the back is very odd, the vehicle comes to V in the back. The interior looks very very nice. I have some pictures that I will upload after I resize them. The Front looks good and the vehicle gets progressively uglier the farther back you go.

How well does that work though? I mean does it just adjust to overall light levels or does it single out specific spots of light that it determines to be oncoming headlights, etc?

My '88 T-bird has them. They worked great, even back then! I'm serious. I always wondered why they dropped that feature from the Autolamp system.

Basically there was a photosensor on the back of the rearview mirror. Same concept as auto lights, really - at certain input levels it would turn the highbeam circuit on or off. I think the ' h88 had a separate dial to adjust the highbeam sensitivity.

I never ever had a problem with "false positives" and the highbeams coming on for streetlamps, etc. They always seemed to turn off at a reasonable distance when oncoming traffic was approaching.

It was kind of funny to hear the relays keep clicking on/off constantly when traffic was spaced just right though.