Lincoln MKT

Fords#1Fan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...the interior looks great!

It looks good in profile on the exterior, but that's about it. The grille is too large, and the back end just looks terrible. It's flat, expansive, and lacks detail. The detail that does exist isn't executed well: the red plastic surrounding the key opening and Lincoln logo is awful an overdone.

I'm definitely not sold on this one. I would have rather they spent this money in updating the Navigator.

Couple of things about the interior.

-With the larger front sunroof (or perhaps more because of the rear design), you lose the 3rd row sunroof.

-It appears there's no cupholders in the front row, unless the armrest moves backwards....either way, a big no-no to me (at least w/out seeing it). :nono:

-Like (a lot) the heated/cooled 2nd row, and the full length console b/t the 2nd row.

-And looking at this picture: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-lincoln-mkt/1276703/ , could the 3rd row be powered? There's a lotta buttons over there where the liftgate button goes on the Flex.

-Like the 2nd row sunshades (finally!)

-The armrest/doorpanels for all doors is a bit awkward, at least in pictures - it's like a two-tiered setup.

Well...the interior looks great!

It looks good in profile on the exterior, but that's about it. The grille is too large, and the back end just looks terrible. It's flat, expansive, and lacks detail. The detail that does exist isn't executed well: the red plastic surrounding the key opening and Lincoln logo is awful an overdone.

I'm definitely not sold on this one. I would have rather they spent this money in updating the Navigator.

I think I'm leaning toward agreeing with you on the exterior, although as always, I'll wait until I see it in person to fully decide, but as you said, the interior looks great!

This thing looks like a capsized boat with a whale face.. Barf..

And is it just me, or did Ford not upgrade the brakes on any of the ecoboost models??? :headscratch: :rip:

Did Ford announce in press releases when the brakes on the Edge were upgraded/changed?

Anyhow, the refinement is what I expect to see in the MKX when it receives an update. The outside, I dunno. I'm not a fan of vehicles like this (the Q7, R Class, GL Class), but I'm willing to give it a second glance over.

Couple of things about the interior.

-With the larger front sunroof (or perhaps more because of the rear design), you lose the 3rd row sunroof.

-It appears there's no cupholders in the front row, unless the armrest moves backwards....either way, a big no-no to me (at least w/out seeing it). :nono:

-Like (a lot) the heated/cooled 2nd row, and the full length console b/t the 2nd row.

-And looking at this picture: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-lincoln-mkt/1276703/ , could the 3rd row be powered? There's a lotta buttons over there where the liftgate button goes on the Flex.

-Like the 2nd row sunshades (finally!)

-The armrest/doorpanels for all doors is a bit awkward, at least in pictures - it's like a two-tiered setup.

heres a pic of those buttons...

post-27638-1231740386_thumb.jpg

also idk if anyone read the press release but the base model comes with a standard fixed vista roof

"So what's the take away on the 2010 Lincoln MKT? If we go by the spec sheet, the way the interior is put together, the styling outside and the powertrain underneath, Lincoln is making a serious run at rewriting the book of crossover. Well leave our final judgment for the road, but color us seriously impressed by this effort from Ford."

quote from jalopnik.