Bangle leaving BMW

J-150

The out of warranty expenses are why so many people lease BMWs instead of buying them. My bro, the BMW tech, rattled off the prices for certain parts out of warranty a few times. It's absurd.

As for the dealership experience, certainly Ford could go a long ways toward improving, but I think it's unrealistic to expect them to meet the level of service provided by a luxury vehicle dealership. Lincoln-Mercury is already near the tops in most dealer surveys though.

Bingo...99% of Bimmers are leased...service is FREE for scheduled maintenence for the life of the lease ( dependent on length of lease )

http://www.cptoys.com/cgi-bin/cptoys_cgi.s...amp;utm_term=CP

Buy a bunch of plasticine and some modeling tools and make some 1/18 or 1/24 scale models of your designs. If you don't want to buy the modeling tools, use a table knife.

Photochops and sketches only go so far in 'working out' how a 3D object is going to look.

455 looks nice, though.

If you want to be a designer, start working with clay.

If you want to be one of those goobs that cooks up 'artists conceptions' of cars, based on spy shots and so forth, stick with PhotoShop.

car_photo_207286_5_1.jpg

Looking at that..... I'd go get some clay. You'll know if you want to be a car designer in a matter of minutes, once you start modeling.

Once the clay warms up, that is. Plasticine's a bear when it's room temp.

You know, I have thought about experimenting with some clay, just haven't gotten around to it though.

Wow! Those are great! Loooooove the first one.

Thanks, I'm happy with it too. The only thing that I don't like about it is the grilles. Due to time constraints when the project was due, I took the 'quick' approach and reversed the grille coloring (I did black slats with white background, rather than white slats w/ black background like in the picture - same thing on the Jag picture). I'm not as pleased with the Jag picture as the GT500KR/Cobra picture though.