Bangle leaving BMW

J-150

Only the 3-series for me.

IMO, the 5-series has problems that are indicative of problems in design in general: lots of fusssy details, no coherent overall theme. It's a beef I've got with architecture, interior design, graphic design, etc.--not just vehicle design. When I was in architecture, I called it design by sample board.

It's why I like the Flex, Edge, and Mustang so much--they're unitary designs. The individual parts are subject to the whole.

BMW has very much a reputation of a yuppiemobile - pimpmobile - hairdressers car in the UK is it the same Stateside just interested?

Would agree on the yuppiemobile aspect of it here. Would also say they are considered the luxury brand for people who actually enjoy driving instead of considering it a chore.

We only had a little bit of snow in the UK and their was BMW's conked out, being towed, crashed smashed up allover the place around the area whee l live.

BMW has very much a reputation of a yuppiemobile - pimpmobile - hairdressers car in the UK is it the same Stateside just interested?

yuppiemobile, yes.

Pimps still like the Escalade and hairdressers drive Priuses

I've got nothing against the later Bangle designs. The current 3- and 5-series look fantastic even.

Personally, I like the 3 and 5. I also like the 6 and 7. I'm iffy on the 1-series, as well as the new X5 (I can't decide if the new design language works well for it). The new Z4 appears to have fixed what I didn't like about the current model (mainly the trunk lid).

I was surprised when I read he had left/is leaving the company.

Edited by rmc523

Of course, then there's the 455i, M7, and M8:

The 455i I drew myself and the M7 and M8 I chopped.

Those are some of my early chops, so with the M8, it's not very good....quite obviously based on the M6, but I included the M6 pictures so you could see that it's longer than the 6 is, as well as the other updates (head/taillights, etc).

post-28332-1233723916_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233723955_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233723975_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233723985_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233723996_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233724010_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233724036_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1233724056_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

Any thoughts on the pictures/chops I posted?

http://www.cptoys.com/cgi-bin/cptoys_cgi.s...amp;utm_term=CP

Buy a bunch of plasticine and some modeling tools and make some 1/18 or 1/24 scale models of your designs. If you don't want to buy the modeling tools, use a table knife.

Photochops and sketches only go so far in 'working out' how a 3D object is going to look.

455 looks nice, though.

If you want to be a designer, start working with clay.

If you want to be one of those goobs that cooks up 'artists conceptions' of cars, based on spy shots and so forth, stick with PhotoShop.

car_photo_207286_5_1.jpg

Looking at that..... I'd go get some clay. You'll know if you want to be a car designer in a matter of minutes, once you start modeling.

Once the clay warms up, that is. Plasticine's a bear when it's room temp.

BMW makes a good product and as a former owner, I can tell you their dealership service is second to none. Ford could learn a trick or two from them in this area. The downfall of the BMW experience is out of warranty service. You need deep pockets to keep them running, but this is no different from a Benz, an Audi or other similar German car.

Edited by 97svtgoin05gt

BMW makes a good product and as a former owner, I can tell you their dealership service is second to none. Ford could learn a trick or two from them in this area. The downfall of the BMW experience is out of warranty service. You need deep pockets to keep them running, but this is no different from a Benz, an Audi or other similar German car.

The out of warranty expenses are why so many people lease BMWs instead of buying them. My bro, the BMW tech, rattled off the prices for certain parts out of warranty a few times. It's absurd.

As for the dealership experience, certainly Ford could go a long ways toward improving, but I think it's unrealistic to expect them to meet the level of service provided by a luxury vehicle dealership. Lincoln-Mercury is already near the tops in most dealer surveys though.

if Ford sold cars at the same price as BMW, they would be the same quality and performace.

If Ford charged as much for servicing the car as BMW, same thing, you would have no less than a rub&tug from the dealer principal himself while waiting for your oil change

I totally understand that a dealership where the least expensive car is $13,000 vrs one where the least is $30,000 will probably never be on a level playing field, there is still much room for improvement in most of the Ford dealer service network. It really all boils down to training and professionalism.

BTW, I don't think Bangle leaving BMW is a bad thing, get Bangle out before he mangles something else.

:hysterical:

........oh yeah....$160 for an oil change FOR A MINI!...........