Why Should We Taxpayers pay for someone to retire at 48?

J-150

I'm reading more and more reports of "why should we taxpayers pay for someone to reitire at 48?"

Based on starting at 18 and doing your 30.

Funny how they fail to mention that there are wayyyy too many governmnet workers with the same deal as the UAW.

I really wish these hack-ass reporters that do no research, WOULD. They need a friggin' clue and need to start printing true, reseacrhed stories, and not this opinion bullshit they claim is journalism.

If I wanted opinion, I'd watch Hannity and Colmes.

No wonder the public is against the UAW. Journalists are more worried about ratings and circulation, so they print bullshit to sell some newspapers.

Freedom of the press has come back to bite us in the ass.

Colmes left because he couldn't take Fox News kissing Hannitys ass anymore.

And state workers get a 25 and out now thats some bullshit!

and yet somehow, the journalists seem to forget this.

screwing the workers of an entire industry just to sell some newspapers.

arseholes, all of them

I'm reading more and more reports of "why should we taxpayers pay for someone to reitire at 48?"

Funny how they fail to mention that there are wayyyy too many governmnet workers with the same deal as the UAW.

I really wish these hack-ass reporters that do no research, WOULD. They need a friggin' clue and need to start printing true, reseacrhed stories, and not this opinion bullshit they claim is journalism.

No wonder the public is against the UAW. Journalists are more worried about ratings and circulation, so they print bullshit to sell some newspapers.

I think retirement pay should be considered deferred pay. It is not the US taxpayer paying for a 48 y.o. retiree pay. That money was "Spent" over those 30 years he/she was working toward retirement. This argument is moot. Retiree benefits should be OFF THE TABLE and never up for modification for those who have retired and cannot vote on any changes to the contract! Any changes should only apply to active employees who have a voice (Yeah, right!) in the changes.

PS, I still have 12 years before I retire and still think retirees benefits are not re-negotiable by those who have not retired.

I know how it goes.The Media always focuses on someone who is 53 yrs old with 35 years seniority.They also fail to mention that 30 and out was a trade-off.The trade-off being that come time to collect Social Security ,Ford Motor will decrease the amount of pension they pay.Social Security subtracts from Ford`s obligation.They also fail to mention how stressful and physically demanding the job can be on top of all the emotional degradation.Like a big prison where no one is allowed to fight.Ford needs us more than they let on.To build their cars and buy them.

Edited by Fatso