MARAUDER/SHO

^That has a LOT going for it! KUDOS, Tim!!!

&

re: the flank detailing

- might be a generational thing BUT

- maybe you guys just need to see it in the flesh "Black Widow" link

&

I've always liked the front fender detailing of the 65's for example

85935-2.1965.Mercury.Montclair.jpg

wonder about recapturing** some of that with the Interceptor-inspired headlites?

**word chosen carefully

yeahBut, Rmc, yeahBut...

Have you ever seen one in person?

(& considering the years - one in decent shape)

otoh

what I'd absolutely *love* would be some "surfacing" that recaptured the 49-51 Mercs' sides!!!!!!

&or

the 67-68 Cougar & Cougar inspired fullsizers' re-curving (top-to-bottom) side styling - but think we're in the wrong styling-phase for that to work just now :(

Edited by 2b2

yeahBut, Rmc, yeahBut...

Have you ever seen one in person?

(& considering the years - one in decent shape)

otoh

what I'd absolutely *love* would be some "surfacing" that recaptured the 49-51 Mercs' sides!!!!!!

&or

the 67-68 Cougar & Cougar inspired fullsizers' re-curving (top-to-bottom) side styling - but think we're in the wrong styling-phase for that to work just now :(

I can't say for sure if I have seen one or not.

Very Nice, this can aslo we sold as a new Mark IV Coupe.

The back looks like a Bentley Continental Coupe.

Sweet.

http://images.myride.com/images/vehicle/20...5_(768x576).jpg

I'd have to disagree and say it's a stretch on it looking like a Bentley Continental GT.

Since Mercury isn't getting the Sable/Montego back....maybe a Marauder COUPE based off the SHO?

x200.jpg

Really nice. The side scoop is unnecessary - the coupe windows are enough to differentiate it from the side.

The Interceptor front doesn't really say "Mercury". What would it look like with the '010 Milan headlights, instead? (With the rest of the front the same, maybe add lower fog lamps)

Edit -

I keep having a vision of this pic in RMC's sig. :D

Edited by syrtran

Really nice. The side scoop is unnecessary - the coupe windows are enough to differentiate it from the side.

The Interceptor front doesn't really say "Mercury". What would it look like with the '010 Milan headlights, instead? (With the rest of the front the same, maybe add lower fog lamps)

Edit -

I keep having a vision of this pic in RMC's sig. :D

I'm not sure how Milan's headlights would look on this (in my head)....it appears to be going for more of a horizontal look, while Milan's new headlights are more vertical.....but it could look good.

And I would put it in my sig, with Tim's permission, of course.

Let me spell it out a little more: a strong horizontal theme (chrome bumper on 69, chrome splitter on 2011), rectangular lights....again, strong and horizontal. Power dome hoods.

I may (or may not! LOL) redesign the side scoop....but it is part of the 69/70 I love. Superfluous decoration or surface detail? or some of both?

post-19198-1236479619_thumb.jpg

Let me spell it out a little more: a strong horizontal theme (chrome bumper on 69, chrome splitter on 2011), rectangular lights....again, strong and horizontal. Power dome hoods.

I may (or may not! LOL) redesign the side scoop....but it is part of the 69/70 I love. Superfluous decoration or surface detail? or some of both?

I just looked at it again, for like the fourth time. The styling of the side of the care really grows on you after a while.

Tim, if you win the lottery, start building kits for these cars and selling them to the public....discount to blueovalforums members of course though. haha.

I'm with you on the horizontal theme....that works great for this car. For some reason, the side scoop doesn't "fit" to me. I don't quite know how to explain why, it just seems out of place to me, even with you're sheetmetal adjustments around the scoop to make it "fit in."

I really have zero problems with the way it looks. I was just curious what it would look like with a 'family' face, i.e., the headlights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made my own idea for the new Marauder, along with the new Ford Interceptor & Lincoln Towncar, but I haven't posted it to the forum yet... But I like this a lot. The only thing I'd change is the headlights (to differentiate it from the Interceptor Concept) and put it on the Interceptor platform, as a replacement for the dated and gloomy Grand Marquis.

The idea I had was to make it a 4-door, competing with the Cadillac CTS-V, although my design isn't nearly as nice as yours.

• 1 month later...
The biggest problem with the last Marauder was that the power didn't live up to the style. With EcoBoost available and AWD this car would live up to the Marauder X-100 of legend.

Like the SOHC 4.6L V8 in the standard CV/GM/TC, the DOHC version didn't have a whole lotta torque down low. But from about 3000 RPM on up, this car hauled ass. It was a great highway cruiser with gobs of passing power plus it was safe, luxurious, and big. The transmissions were tuned to shift considerably firmer unlike the slushy ones in standard models. But best of all, the Marauder sounded beautiful with the deep, powerful rumble of a true American V8. For me it was like a Siren's song tempting me to indulge in the demon speed.

I'd welcome back the Marauder name on a Taurus-based coupe. Cougar wouldn't be bad either. Just build it, Ford!! The only mid-size coupe out there is the Challenger from Dodge. The Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Regal, Cutlass, Cougar, and T-Bird are all dead. I miss big coupes and want a sporty one...now!

Edited by T'Cal

Like the SOHC 4.6L V8 in the standard CV/GM/TC, the DOHC version didn't have a whole lotta torque down low. But from about 3000 RPM on up, this car hauled ass. It was a great highway cruiser with gobs of passing power plus it was safe, luxurious, and big. The transmissions were tuned to shift considerably firmer unlike the slushy ones in standard models. But best of all, the Marauder sounded beautiful with the deep, powerful rumble of a true American V8. For me it was like a Siren's song tempting me to indulge in the demon speed.

I'd welcome back the Marauder name on a Taurus-based coupe. Cougar wouldn't be bad either. Just build it, Ford!! The only mid-size coupe out there is the Challenger from Dodge. The Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Regal, Cutlass, Cougar, and T-Bird are all dead. I miss big coupes and want a sporty one...now!

I would hardly call the Challenger "midsize."

Does it not have the same wheelbase as the Charger?

Edited by rmc523