THE UAW WAS FOOLED AGAIN!!!

udontkno

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE52C6EL20090313

It looks like we UAW members were lied to again. We were told that we all had to share in the pain and less then 1 week after we agree to take cuts that total over $5000 a year per member, Mulally gets an option to buy 5 million shares with a strike price of $1.96 which would amount to an automatic 10 plus % profit at todays closing price. Not only is Mulally going to get his 30% back, he is getting options and the hard working union members are the ones sharing the pain. I wont forget this next contract, if Ford turns a profit by next contract I am going to start a grassroots effort to ensure we get all of our concessions back plus!

I also think IUAW should run a commercial that tells America that while the union members agreed to concessions, the CEO gets a benefit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN1329389420090313

Warren Buffett was only paid $491,000 last year and this man has made thousands of people rich. Alan helped Ford lose the most money in the history of the company and was paid $23 million. Give me a break there isnt a peson in this world worth that much money for labor. He is selling his labor he didnt provide Ford capital or inventions, he is just a worker.

It looks like we UAW members were lied to again. We were told that we all had to share in the pain and less then 1 week after we agree to take cuts that total over $5000 a year per member, Mulally gets an option to buy 5 million shares with a strike price of $1.96 which would amount to an automatic 10 plus % profit at todays closing price. Not only is Mulally going to get his 30% back, he is getting options and the hard working union members are the ones sharing the pain. I wont forget this next contract, if Ford turns a profit by next contract I am going to start a grassroots effort to ensure we get all of our concessions back plus!

I also think IUAW should run a commercial that tells America that while the union members agreed to concessions, the CEO gets a benefit.

keep voting yes! :finger:

Hopefully next year Ford stock will be worth more than 1.96. With the proposed debt for equity swaps and VEBA payments, I think it would take a small miracle to have the stock above that price. If he can make that happen, he deserves the money.

Would you really want to run a commercial for the country that shows Ford divided? That is the worst idea I have ever heard.

Hopefully next year Ford stock will be worth more than 1.96. With the proposed debt for equity swaps and VEBA payments, I think it would take a small miracle to have the stock above that price. If he can make that happen, he deserves the money.

Would you really want to run a commercial for the country that shows Ford divided? That is the worst idea I have ever heard.

It looks as though the debt for equity swap shares were applied for last fall and as Ford claims would already be valued in the current stock price. Is Ford divided? I say yes you have the bosses that make the lions share of pay and do the least value added work and the workers who are asked to give and give. What if the union workers went on strike? Would the bosses be able to keep Ford in business without hourly workers? Now if all of the bosses, not sales, not buyers but executive bosses were to walk out would the company continue to function? The union has time and time again tried to make Ford one Ford but the bosses continue to show us that its them and then its the workers who are most important to this company. I hope the CAW reads this article and realizes the company will continue to take advantage of the workers and not agree to any concessions. If I had to do it all over again I would have voted no.

Alan helped Ford lose the most money in the history of the company and was paid $23 million.

Although Alan is at the helm, I don't think it was his fault we're in the shape we are in. If it weren't for the economy, Ford would be in pretty good shape and looking even better in the future. Alan's foresight has kept the company from begging money like GM and Chrysler. For that, I'm thankful. We may be heavily mortgaged but I'd rather owe banks and other creditors than the federal government and be subject to their demands.

I'm sure all of the extremely unhappy people who visit this site everyday are lining up for buyouts as we speak. I guess that means that Ford can count on 41% of it's workforce to buy out this time?

Although Alan is at the helm, I don't think it was his fault we're in the shape we are in. If it weren't for the economy, Ford would be in pretty good shape and looking even better in the future. Alan's foresight has kept the company from begging money like GM and Chrysler. For that, I'm thankful. We may be heavily mortgaged but I'd rather owe banks and other creditors than the federal government and be subject to their demands.

I'm sure all of the extremely unhappy people who visit this site everyday are lining up for buyouts as we speak. I guess that means that Ford can count on 41% of it's workforce to buy out this time?

The point is the UAW sold us on concessions saying that everyone is going to share in the pain. As we can see the ones who make the least are the ones who are losing the most. The Ford familys control is not affected by the new shares on the market and Alan is not taking any concessions he is mearly having his reduction banked for future collection. Its not so much that I feel Alan shouldnt make a fair wage as much as the fact that what was told to us in good faith is not whats happening. It is really painful to see hourly workers and low level supervison getting the cuts while upper management is reaping the benefits.

I dont think anyone with less than 30 years should take a buyout. The buyout is a joke and another scam on the working class.

The point is the UAW sold us on concessions saying that everyone is going to share in the pain. As we can see the ones who make the least are the ones who are losing the most. The Ford familys control is not affected by the new shares on the market and Alan is not taking any concessions he is mearly having his reduction banked for future collection. Its not so much that I feel Alan shouldnt make a fair wage as much as the fact that what was told to us in good faith is not whats happening. It is really painful to see hourly workers and low level supervison getting the cuts while upper management is reaping the benefits.

I dont think anyone with less than 30 years should take a buyout. The buyout is a joke and another scam on the working class.

Good post in all---I would just like to make a suggestion about "As we can see the ones who make the least are the ones who are losing the most". Please remember our retiree's. They make the least. They were protected.

I seriously doubt that they will get any body out on the buyouts. If they couldn't leave before. They sure as hell can't leave now.

Edited by hoardpm

Did any of this really surprise any of you? The last concession passed and they handed out bonuses to all the managment. We (the workers) got pissed. The IUAW "addressed" the issue and we got a couple hundred bucks to shut up. We will be asked to make more concessions within a year. Im sure this time they will go after our wages. Im also sure they will dangle some piece of shit carrot in the form of a lump sum cash offer to lower our wages and everyone will bite. Then everyone will be bitching about how fucked up that was. It seems to be a never ending cycle.

Who wants me to start a petition site? give me some ideas for a website and we can all sign a silent petition to reverse what was taken and it can be delivered to the IUAW by myself.

I'm not afraid to do it..

All you cheerleaders voted yes on this thing, you can only blame yourself. You were told by the passing guy in the hallway and in the locker room vote no, and what did you do, you voted yes.. You got the thing passed. The company and IUAW simply promoted it on fear. You (the worker) bought into it.

All these idiots too that wanna be union reps in at DTP told me last week on how it should pass and if we don't pass it we will be fucked.. Well we are fucked still so what does your ass have to say now my friend?? yes I'm talking about you, the one that told me this... I won't mention no name, but it's a female.. A female that walks around all day doing nothing at DTP trying to campaign for herself when there ain't no election..

DAMN it.. I'm so fucking pissed at this!.. :banghead: :banghead:

Someone fucking shoot me already!... What the hell did we do people????

I know exactly what we did.. we let fear get the best of us... :stirpot:

Well.. ok I'm going to calm down now.

But the thing is, the company needs a new CEO, someone to come in and clean up the shit bags and overhead.

I'd like to also know who the hell came up with the 25k buyout idea??? they wanna buy people out and low ball them like I said in another post.. People ain't gonna take that shit.

Ford, if you want people to take buyouts.. Start offering 200k with a car voucher (after taxes), then you can get the whole dam company out the door and bring the temps back cause I sure as shit don't wanna work here anymore (hell I'm only here for the benneys), my websites do fine (tax free)...

hahahahhahaha

Ohhh happy days!... (sing it)..!!

Tell'n like it is baby!.

Edited by chuckie

yup udontkno shit........re-read, it says he has the option to buy....not they are giving him.....Wow!!! :stirpot:

Ford is in much better shape than GM or Chrysler. The problem with the buyout is this- what happens afterwards? It is very easy to sit and judge people for being unhappy with the company and to tell them to get a new job or take the buyout.

I voted no on the contract. I'm not unhappy, just waiting for the economy to pick up so we can move forward.

Kinda missing on a key word here aren't we and that is "BUY". We could have bought stock at the same price and made 10% ourselves. It wasn't like he was "GIVEN" 5 million shares. All of us would like to be in his position and make the big money but I'm just happy that I still have a job paying what it does. Where else you gonna find one like it? Besides I thought it was great when he stood up there and told them he didn't need there money just a line of credit. He saw this stuff coming and prepared for it. I believe when the dust settles there will be a new #1 and that will be us.

Edited by Turbo350

yup udontkno shit........re-read, it says he has the option to buy....not they are giving him.....Wow!!! :stirpot:

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...64&Symbol=F

Ford did give Mulally $267,000 in stock for 2009. Shows you how much you know, Mulally has the option to buy 5 million shares @ $1.96 and if those options are worth $4 a share he will make $10 million. If Ford stock is worth $1 he wont buy them. This is another way of paying someone at the top. The problem is most union members are like you and dont know enough to understand the dynamics of pay packages or stock options. Nothing against you because not everyone knows everything but for our union to be part of the process to allow the CEO to be rewarded after union members vote for concessions, this is just wrong. Why didnt the UAW negotiate stock options equal to the concessions for all of the union members?

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...64&Symbol=F

Ford did give Mulally $267,000 in stock for 2009. Shows you how much you know, Mulally has the option to buy 5 million shares @ $1.96 and if those options are worth $4 a share he will make $10 million. If Ford stock is worth $1 he wont buy them. This is another way of paying someone at the top. The problem is most union members are like you and dont know enough to understand the dynamics of pay packages or stock options. Nothing against you because not everyone knows everything but for our union to be part of the process to allow the CEO to be rewarded after union members vote for concessions, this is just wrong. Why didnt the UAW negotiate stock options equal to the concessions for all of the union members?

This has been one of the favorite ways for companies to pay executives because stock options held for a certain amount of time are taxed at the lower capital gains rate of 15% and thus the executives take more money home then if they were paid this as a salary.

Warren Buffett was only paid $491,000 last year and this man has made thousands of people rich. Alan helped Ford lose the most money in the history of the company and was paid $23 million. Give me a break there isnt a peson in this world worth that much money for labor. He is selling his labor he didnt provide Ford capital or inventions, he is just a worker.

Actually the money was gone before Mulally got there, you can thank Jack Nasser and Bill Ford for the 20bil lost for stupid shit. Mulally has done some pretty smart things since being in the seat. I dare say that is why Bill gave it up. At least Ford isn't in the same boat GM and Chrysler are now.

Mulally removed a lot of dead weight in the glass house, he pushed for going back to a Ford standard in the Taurus.

It looks as though the debt for equity swap shares were applied for last fall and as Ford claims would already be valued in the current stock price. Is Ford divided? I say yes you have the bosses that make the lions share of pay and do the least value added work and the workers who are asked to give and give. What if the union workers went on strike? Would the bosses be able to keep Ford in business without hourly workers? Now if all of the bosses, not sales, not buyers but executive bosses were to walk out would the company continue to function? The union has time and time again tried to make Ford one Ford but the bosses continue to show us that its them and then its the workers who are most important to this company. I hope the CAW reads this article and realizes the company will continue to take advantage of the workers and not agree to any concessions. If I had to do it all over again I would have voted no.

so alan already had a master plan to geet his money back from his 30% reduction, typical...problem is gettlefinger is laying next to him in bed

so alan already had a master plan to geet his money back from his 30% reduction, typical...problem is gettlefinger is laying next to him in bed. would anyone disagree that there are still a lot more cuts that can take place on that side without side notes to get them back in 3 months?

Who wants me to start a petition site? give me some ideas for a website and we can all sign a silent petition to reverse what was taken and it can be delivered to the IUAW by myself.

I'm not afraid to do it..

All you cheerleaders voted yes on this thing, you can only blame yourself. You were told by the passing guy in the hallway and in the locker room vote no, and what did you do, you voted yes.. You got the thing passed. The company and IUAW simply promoted it on fear. You (the worker) bought into it.

All these idiots too that wanna be union reps in at DTP told me last week on how it should pass and if we don't pass it we will be fucked.. Well we are fucked still so what does your ass have to say now my friend?? yes I'm talking about you, the one that told me this... I won't mention no name, but it's a female.. A female that walks around all day doing nothing at DTP trying to campaign for herself when there ain't no election..

DAMN it.. I'm so fucking pissed at this!.. :banghead: :banghead:

Someone fucking shoot me already!... What the hell did we do people????

lieve me brother i feel all your pain...we got duped, and we have only just to get to feel the pain...but believe this, i was downtown as a delegate, so i saw first hand the worst is yet to come. they have not yet begun to roll with the master plan. we have no leaders with inegrity. so here we go, tell me where to sign...i think its time to go back 50 years and start a grassroot movement, because thats what the IUAW has forced us to regress to.

I know exactly what we did.. we let fear get the best of us... :stirpot:

Well.. ok I'm going to calm down now.

But the thing is, the company needs a new CEO, someone to come in and clean up the shit bags and overhead.

I'd like to also know who the hell came up with the 25k buyout idea??? they wanna buy people out and low ball them like I said in another post.. People ain't gonna take that shit.

Ford, if you want people to take buyouts.. Start offering 200k with a car voucher (after taxes), then you can get the whole dam company out the door and bring the temps back cause I sure as shit don't wanna work here anymore (hell I'm only here for the benneys), my websites do fine (tax free)...

hahahahhahaha

Ohhh happy days!... (sing it)..!!

Tell'n like it is baby!.

http://www.ipetition.com/

There's a place to start a petition online.

I dont think a petition is going to be effective in this situation. What we really need is the ability to fire all of the international reps and replace them with members that will try for the membership. This is the problem we do not have the ability to remove the international reps. Therefore who are they accountable too? Unless these guys break the law and go to prision they basically have lifetime jobs. Its time for a new labor movement and if the UAW wants to be a part of it they are going to have to be accountable!