Town Car Update

That's not bad....only thought is to put a bit more "material" below the lower grille....it appears to just end there now, at least to me.

Any thoughts on the rear?

Speaking as someone who actually preferred the previous-gen TC, I'd like to see a return to the more block style TC. The current swoopy design doesn't really do it for me.

IMO, the look of the next Taurus (or MKS) is a good mesh, except a slightly more upright rear window and a less-gradual slope to the rear door glass would be more effective for a TC?

i say how about this one...

mkswagon1.jpg

or this which would be more of a true town car that is meant to go around the town only....

Toyota_FT_EV_12comp_610x406.jpg

or how about a rwd mkr renamed as mktc

6-lincoln-mkr-concept-3.jpg

or this one...

three-wheeled-concept-img1_vOTyZ_5965.jpg

or this

LincolnMkL.jpg

3094244032_5e41b97745.jpg

Lincoln_Clone_FUD.jpg

homer.jpg

lincoln go ahead pedal to the metal... 20080501015205-36.crazyfists.-.rest.inside.the.flames.jpg

genral leee town car limo

CSP_LIMO0.JPG

Edited by donzuchowski

or this one...

LincolnMkL.jpg

some of the pics i put in to be funny....

I do agree that the mkl and the mkr (a rwd version that is bigger in length and width) would be a great replacement for the town car... i would name the next town car Lincoln TC but Chrysler also had a TC as well....

Edited by donzuchowski

I do agree that the mkl and the mkr (a rwd version that is bigger in length and width) would be a great replacement for the town car... i would name the next town car Lincoln TC but Chrysler also had a TC as well....

It wouldn't be the first time that a car company used the name of an out of production competitors car. Lincoln Continental... Bentley Continental. Albeit these aren't competitors.

Here are two sketches I made of my take on a new Lincoln Flagship. I like the first on better myself.

post-34544-1237393617_thumb.jpg

post-34544-1237393714_thumb.jpg

Edited by 94ranger

It wouldn't be the first time that a car company used the name of an out of production competitors car. Lincoln Continental... Bentley Continental. Albeit these aren't competitors.

Here are two sketches I made of my take on a new Lincoln Flagship. I like the first on better myself.

post-34544-1237393617_thumb.jpg

post-34544-1237393714_thumb.jpg

I'll repost pictures of my flagship Lincoln Cosmopolitan when I'm back on my computer at home.

Speaking as someone who actually preferred the previous-gen TC, I'd like to see a return to the more block style TC. The current swoopy design doesn't really do it for me.

IMO, the look of the next Taurus (or MKS) is a good mesh, except a slightly more upright rear window and a less-gradual slope to the rear door glass would be more effective for a TC?

I kinda like the photochop look of the car itself, but I do agree. I wish they would have not gravitated out of the traditonal square look of the Town Car. I mean the 1990-97 back end kinda resembled the ones from 1975-79 in that sense. I didn't like the 1998-2002 at first but after seeing them around a lot. I've accepted the direction they were going at the time.

I will say this though. The newer ones do look good still. But they should have added the horizontal rear bar reflector on the trunk panel to reflect that "Town Car" look from back in the day.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

or this one...

LincolnMkL.jpg

some of the pics i put in to be funny....

With the 412HP 5.0L DOHC V8 and 6 speed auto from the '11 Mustang GT, this would be an outstanding luxury performance sedan. Perhaps the 305HP 3.7L DOHC V6 should be standard.

Edited by T'Cal