2010 rancheros?

decision  

40 members have voted

1. 1. shouldford revive the ranchero?

• yes!! Oh god yes!!
    • No...
  2. 2. out of which car should they make it.

• A whole new one
    • 2010 Mustang
    • Current Focus
    • 2010 Taurus
    • 2010 Fusion
    • other! if so in your reply state which one
    • 2008 Taurus X
    • They shouldn't revive it...
  3. 3. Should Ford have

• A Ranchero option for certain cars?
    • Have only one ranchero?

I think a Ford Ranchero has been sitting right in front of us the whole time..... the Taurus X. Put an Explorer engine in it, or a big v8, or even a ecoboost v6(with less power than the Taurus SHO), and that thing will be bad @$$.

I also think it would be really sweet if Ford made a completely "overpowered" SVT trucklet Ford Focus before they switched the current Focus over to the Euro version.....

I think now is the time to bring back the ranchero. With Pickup sales falling and car sales rising it seems like a good idea to combine the two and make a car-truck, yet still have a fullsize pickup and still have cars.

What do you think?

post-33357-1238298597_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1238298607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reigner92

I think a Ford Ranchero has been sitting right in front of us the whole time..... the Taurus X. Put an Explorer engine in it, or a big v8, or even a ecoboost v6(with less power than the Taurus SHO), and that thing will be bad @$$.

I also think it would be really sweet if Ford made a completely "overpowered" SVT trucklet Ford Focus before they switched the current Focus over to the Euro version.....

I think now is the time to bring back the ranchero. With Pickup sales falling and car sales rising it seems like a good idea to combine the two and make a car-truck, yet still have a fullsize pickup and still have cars.

What do you think?

Either would be a really good idea. The Taurus version would work as a possible Ranger replacement/ alternative. My dad would probably buy one as he doesn't a truck for anything but commute and the occasional yardwork in the form of carrying brush to the back yard. Give it a bit more ground clearance and presto. fwd/awd ranger. the focus version would just be really cool, especially with a EB 2.5L rated at about 300 hp and 6 spd. man. It could even spawn a modern courier which would probably sell.

Either would be a really good idea. The Taurus version would work as a possible Ranger replacement/ alternative. My dad would probably buy one as he doesn't a truck for anything but commute and the occasional yardwork in the form of carrying brush to the back yard. Give it a bit more ground clearance and presto. fwd/awd ranger. the focus version would just be really cool, especially with a EB 2.5L rated at about 300 hp and 6 spd. man. It could even spawn a modern courier which would probably sell.

Yeah, most people dont usually need a pickup, but when they need it, it makes the job a lot harder not having it. So if we could combine A truck with a car, then we could have a vehicle that would be wanted, and be needed, for working purposes and for regular car purposes.

I did a few Ranchero chops a while back, and posted a thread about it. One was based off Taurus X, and one off the Explorer (but Explorer's less of a Ranchero).

I'm just not sure how big of a market there'd be, especially now.

Here they are, anyway:

fordranchero.jpg

fordexplorertruck.jpg

I did a few Ranchero chops a while back, and posted a thread about it. One was based off Taurus X, and one off the Explorer (but Explorer's less of a Ranchero).

I'm just not sure how big of a market there'd be, especially now.

Here they are, anyway:

fordranchero.jpg

fordexplorertruck.jpg

In the past, ford has been extremely good at predicting a growing market for a certain vehicle. Ex: Mustang.

With Truck sales down, and car sales up.. this might be a good idea, and a good prediction for ford.

Also most of us need a pickup, just not on a regular basis, and in this day and age, it is a pain in the you know what to borrow one or rent one, so if we could combine a truck with a car that would take care of those who want a car, but also want a truck. also i think a ranchero might take in some of the people who were going to buy the G8 trucklet.

And the Ford Focus SVT trucklet, would just be for those who want to have fun with a little car truck.....completely overpowered, great handling, trucklet..... im not proposing a whole bunch of the Focus trucklet...just a handful..

The Taurus X is dead and it wouldn't make sense to keep it around for a Ranchero base. The Flex would make more sense as a Ranchero platform.

The Original Ranchero was a modified Courier panel wagon. Ford had to specifically design the Ranchero after the Falcon 2 door wagon ended in '65. The Flex would need Ranchero specific quarter panels, roof and tailgate. It is doable but at what cost/benefit. The money might be better spent on a new Ranger.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

The Taurus X is dead and it wouldn't make sense to keep it around for a Ranchero base. The Flex would make more sense as a Ranchero platform.

The Original Ranchero was a modified Courier panel wagon. Ford had to specifically design the Ranchero after the Falcon 2 door wagon ended in '65. The Flex would need Ranchero specific quarter panels, roof and tailgate. It is doable but at what cost/benefit. The money might be better spent on a new Ranger.

Agreed- 100%. I'm a little biased tho, being from OAC

The Flex might make the most sense, as its size would allow for the most useable cargo room. At the same time, the Fusion might be a good compromise, as it would probably give a similar bed size to the Ranger (at least the ones with the stepside bed) and probably isn't far off the size of the old Falcon based Rancheros of the early 60s.

I'm not sure of what Ford has in mind for their Australian platforms at this point (if they are going to be joining the global platform sharing scenario like Europe), but the Falcon Ute is already proven and might be adaptable to the American market at some point.

While this isn't really a Ranchero, but more of a Ranger replacement or maybe a Courier, how about something based off the Edge?

post-16338-1238352391_thumb.jpg

Edited by MTFordFan

More of a muscled up Ranchero.....

I like that.

I remembered this from a few years ago. It looks like the back cover slid forward to expose the open bed or seating area.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/3798...cept_Photo.aspx

That's pretty cool too.

I understand that....I did that chop before TX was dead.

-----

As for the original Ranchero chops (mine included), while they may look good, I question their practicality in everyday use, since they're only 2-3 seaters....most people need at least 4 seats, and if they don't need them, they likely want them just in case. Sure there'd be some that would buy a Ranchero like those chops, but again I don't know how big of a market it'd be (and therefore cost efficient to build one).

The Flex might make the most sense, as its size would allow for the most useable cargo room.

I'm not sure of what Ford has in mind for their Australian platforms at this point (if they are going to be joining the global platform sharing scenario like Europe), but the Falcon Ute is already proven and might be adaptable to the American market at some point.

While this isn't really a Ranchero, but more of a Ranger replacement or maybe a Courier, how about something based off the Edge?

That's not bad....I did a sketch that could in theory be based on the Edge platform, I did it a while ago though without "Edge-platform intent" though, so it looks kinda strange.

mavinor.jpg

That looks good - more of a true Ranchero.

And one more for good measure, a Taurus based Ranchero, closer to the Fairlane and Torino based Rancheros of the 50s and mid 60s thru the 70s.

(sorry for the color issues - need a clone tool to make these things look cleaner)

post-16338-1238360041_thumb.jpg

And one more for good measure, a Taurus based Ranchero, closer to the Fairlane and Torino based Rancheros of the 50s and mid 60s thru the 70s.

(sorry for the color issues - need a clone tool to make these things look cleaner)

Yes, I think you posted those....I liked them too.

This reminds me of this:

Maybe a little bit. But minus the fat arse.

Even as a wagon it doesn't have the back end mass. BTW I'd still like to see a Squire done right.

Hopefully I'm not getting too far off on a tangent.........Falcon Ranchero vs Falcon Wagon.

squireRear2.jpg

falconRear.jpg

Maybe a little bit. But minus the fat arse.

Even as a wagon it doesn't have the back end mass. BTW I'd still like to see a Squire done right.

Hopefully I'm not getting too far off on a tangent.........Falcon Ranchero vs Falcon Wagon.

squireRear2.jpg

falconRear.jpg

Looks great as a wagon too Tim!