2010 rancheros?

decision  

40 members have voted

1. 1. shouldford revive the ranchero?

• yes!! Oh god yes!!
    • No...
  2. 2. out of which car should they make it.

• A whole new one
    • 2010 Mustang
    • Current Focus
    • 2010 Taurus
    • 2010 Fusion
    • other! if so in your reply state which one
    • 2008 Taurus X
    • They shouldn't revive it...
  3. 3. Should Ford have

• A Ranchero option for certain cars?
    • Have only one ranchero?

Maybe a little bit. But minus the fat arse.

Even as a wagon it doesn't have the back end mass. BTW I'd still like to see a Squire done right.

Hopefully I'm not getting too far off on a tangent.........Falcon Ranchero vs Falcon Wagon.

squireRear2.jpg

falconRear.jpg

Great work! Can you make them two door sport wagons, a la the Chevy Nomad? I've always loved two door sport wagons!

I would love to see Ford expand on the Fusion platform by adding a coupe (Torino), a ute (Ranchero), and a two door sport wagon (Falcon). All would be midsize 5-passenger vehicles with the same drivelines as the 2010 Fusion including the 3.5L V6 with 270 or so hp.

Also, I'm disappointed that Ford killed off the Taurus X; it should've been named Explorer and it would've replaced the aged current SUV. It looked enough like a next gen Explorer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, just bring in the Ute to test the waters- I think it would sell pretty well, wouldnt cost much to try...LHD conversion, emissions updates- lot cheaper than another plant...and if it takes off, THEN spend the bucks to build it here...as much as I dislike foreign cars, I wouldnt feel as bad about buying a Aussie car- their economy/workforce aint quite like china/korea/mexico...more like Canada, similar to US.

A couple I did awhile back.........

11119fRanchero.jpg

RancheroRear.jpg

WOW! Just WOW! I absolutely love the look of this car! (RWD of course) The lines on the side (like a 65 falcon) reminds me of the retro look ford is presently doing with the lines on the flex and the look of the mustang. It "fits". Bring over the aussie ute for a couple years to gauge the public's taste, if good build these. Or bring over the ute under sides and put this "NA" body on it.

Again, WOW! I love it.

Oh, my opinion is any ranchero would have to be rwd, unloading the front end when you load the box would be a legal nighmare in today's "litigation special" society.

WOW! Just WOW! I absolutely love the look of this car! (RWD of course) The lines on the side (like a 65 falcon) reminds me of the retro look ford is presently doing with the lines on the flex and the look of the mustang. It "fits". Bring over the aussie ute for a couple years to gauge the public's taste, if good build these. Or bring over the ute under sides and put this "NA" body on it.

Again, WOW! I love it.

Oh, my opinion is any ranchero would have to be rwd, unloading the front end when you load the box would be a legal nighmare in today's "litigation special" society.

Here's an Aussie Falcon I'm working on with a Torino-esque grill, and a solid body (rather than the separate bed), I stretched the wheel base too.

It's not quite "done" but for now.......

post-19198-1246838987_thumb.jpg

As an old guy that barely can use a computer I really appreciate the talent I see displayed here. My first car was a '57 Ranchero, 292 3 speed overdrive and rusted foot wells in back. Loved that car. That led me to a series of '70 and '71 Rancheros through my military and post military stint. I tried a '72 Courier but replaced it with yet another '70 Ranchero. More comfortable, far more performance and nearly as good fuel mileage.

I need a truck and am waiting for the new "Scorpion" diesel, but would jump at the chance to own a "King Ranchero". Eliminate the Ranger (Courier) trucks altogether.

Thanks for helping me dream, guys.

Here's an Aussie Falcon I'm working on with a Torino-esque grill, and a solid body (rather than the separate bed), I stretched the wheel base too.

It's not quite "done" but for now.......

[Here comes the traditional Aussie in me...] WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE FALCON???!!! :o :P Take that ugly yankee grill off!!! :D Anyway, it would have to fit in with the Kinetic Design Theme (ie: new Fiesta, Focus etc...)

I think for any "Ranchero" type vehicle to be successful in todays market place....you may want to consider a new name....sure, we all know the name Ranchero...but truthfully......ask around, most of the time you will find that people don't know Ranchero, and that it sounds very limited in scope or appeal to a more diverse and varied customer....

XL-100? Telstar? Any ideas?

Good, bad, weird.....lay 'em out.....

I think for any "Ranchero" type vehicle to be successful in todays market place....you may want to consider a new name....sure, we all know the name Ranchero...but truthfully......ask around, most of the time you will find that people don't know Ranchero, and that it sounds very limited in scope or appeal to a more diverse and varied customer....

XL-100? Telstar? Any ideas?

Good, bad, weird.....lay 'em out.....

I think Ranchero, like El Camino, are perfectly discriptive. Anything else people won't know what it is......and why re-educate everyone? There's a built in name recognition there!

Maybe a little bit. But minus the fat arse.

Even as a wagon it doesn't have the back end mass. BTW I'd still like to see a Squire done right.

Hopefully I'm not getting too far off on a tangent.........Falcon Ranchero vs Falcon Wagon.

squireRear2.jpg

falconRear.jpg

Timmm, Timmm, Timmm,

Just when I'd gotten over this car, you have to go and post it again. Shame on you! I would buy this car in a second. No..... I'd buy two! One wagon and one Ranchero.

I think I said it last time. SEND YOUR RESUME TO FORD!

Now for how to make this car a reality: Base it on the Mustang platform. This could easily double or triple the sales numbers of the platform.

One request: To round out the Falcon line up, could you chop the siver wagon into a 4 door sedan? Maybe even have the front doors a little longer and short rear doors set up like the RX8 "suicide style". If that's too much, just leave the doors as they are.

Thanks

Timmm, Timmm, Timmm,

Just when I'd gotten over this car, you have to go and post it again. Shame on you! I would buy this car in a second. No..... I'd buy two! One wagon and one Ranchero.

I think I said it last time. SEND YOUR RESUME TO FORD!

Now for how to make this car a reality: Base it on the Mustang platform. This could easily double or triple the sales numbers of the platform.

One request: To round out the Falcon line up, could you chop the siver wagon into a 4 door sedan? Maybe even have the front doors a little longer and short rear doors set up like the RX8 "suicide style". If that's too much, just leave the doors as they are.

Thanks

Something like this?

post-19198-1247002603_thumb.jpg