CAPRI

the first one looks great- maybe a bit of fudging around the front wheel arch, but other than that I really like it.

the one with the mercury grille and the 'one too many facelifts' headlights that mercury and cadillac seem to love- no thanks :)

theres another thread with a 'capri' rendering, but no capri features at all...hope they dont go that route.

I based it off the BMW 1 series, a size I thought would be good for a small RWD sedan with a 2.0 ecoBoost 4 cyclinder.

Looks great, although I'm not sure if the more square/angular face fits in with the more curvy body and greenhouse.

the first one looks great- maybe a bit of fudging around the front wheel arch, but other than that I really like it.

the one with the mercury grille and the 'one too many facelifts' headlights that mercury and cadillac seem to love- no thanks :)

theres another thread with a 'capri' rendering, but no capri features at all...hope they dont go that route.

You're not talking about this one are you?

mercurycapri-1.jpg

Fixed the first one and yeah I agree, at least in this application the "Mercury face" doesn't work very well (could be my rendering though).

post-19198-1241119903_thumb.jpg

Fixed the first one and yeah I agree, at least in this application the "Mercury face" doesn't work very well (could be my rendering though).

Timmm55, I usually like your work. But this one seems off somehow. The hood looks too much like an 89' Prelude.

Somehow I don't think the headlight nacelles work... reminds me of a 57' Chevy.

I guess I'm too much of an "aero" fan.

Timmm55, I usually like your work. But this one seems off somehow. The hood looks too much like an 89' Prelude.

Somehow I don't think the headlight nacelles work... reminds me of a 57' Chevy.

I guess I'm too much of an "aero" fan.

I had to look up a 89 Prelude LOL

Something to remember,,,,this is a *small* car (posted original bimmer) here I shaved off the eyebrow nacelles and added a power dome hood. Now it's looking like a cross between a new Camaro and a Sapporo in terms of style/size.....but that's OK wth me.

post-19198-1241128500_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1241128512_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1241128521_thumb.jpg

I had to look up a 89 Prelude LOL

Something to remember,,,,this is a *small* car (posted original bimmer) here I shaved off the eyebrow nacelles and added a power dome hood. Now it's looking like a cross between a new Camaro and a Sapporo in terms of style/size.....but that's OK wth me.

Yo! I think that one looks better.

The BMW's front looks too "busy." I guess they do that so one doesn't feel bad paying too much!

Yeah.. it's a very tight unit. Unfortunately, that front license bracket wouldn't work at all in reality.

But can you see that as a convertible? Hubba hubba.

I never noticed the license plate bracket.....you're right....it wouldn't work. It'd have to be in the yellow part between the upper and lower grilles.

And yeah, it' look good as a 'vert. Did you notice this was chopped off the Visos (or at least I'm pretty sure).....the same vehicle that the reported new Mercury small car will take inspiration from?

The BMW's front looks too "busy." I guess they do that so one doesn't feel bad paying too much!

Yeah, I think BMW's started to go overboard with styling as of late.

I never noticed the license plate bracket.....you're right....it wouldn't work. It'd have to be in the yellow part between the upper and lower grilles.

I found this on the internet a while back, I forget where....I absolutely LOVE this one....If i find the site, I will post it later on.

post-33357-1241148775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reigner92

I found this on the internet a while back, I forget where....I absolutely LOVE this one....If i find the site, I will post it later on.

I like that. They forgot to finish the bumper just forward of the front wheel, though.

And yeah, it' look good as a 'vert. Did you notice this was chopped off the Visos (or at least I'm pretty sure).....the same vehicle that the reported new Mercury small car will take inspiration from?

Yeah, I think BMW's started to go overboard with styling as of late.

I never heard of the Visos, but here it is.... you're right, it's an obvious (but good) chop.

Back in the 80's & 90's, BMW was the epitome of the 'clean' look. Now, it has too much "make-up" on.

l_c7836f62e3e8492ca046d332adb09d12.jpg

I never heard of the Visos, but here it is.... you're right, it's an obvious (but good) chop.

Back in the 80's & 90's, BMW was the epitome of the 'clean' look. Now, it has too much "make-up" on.

Agreed about BMW.....we had a '99 M3 for a few months recently......then Bangle came along. IMO, most of the BMW "normal" designs look good, but when they put the "M" treatment on, they go overboard with it.

Here's the M3 if interested:

IMGP0283-2.jpg

Sorry about the blurry picture......and we don't have it anymore, so it's not like I can just go take another picture of it.

Edited by rmc523

This looks more like a Capri (note the side detail and the rectangular headlight housing, etc) than the yellow chop.

As I said on the other thread, wescoent on GMI said the Capri that is designed by EU is a mid size 4 door coupe to go against the CC.

What's CC? The Focus Coupe-Cabriolet?

Edit- Ya'll don't flame me now. K?

Edited by joihan777