Torino/SHO

Chopped it down some. I'm thinking a bit smaller than the SHO, maybe more Fusion sized but with a 3.7 Eco-B 4wd.

I like that.....from the mirror back, it reminds me of the Audi A/S5.

Audi_A5_Front_02.jpg

shotorino0.jpg

Hope you don't mind Tim, I saved it and put it on my photobucket accound so we could see them next to each other.

Edited by rmc523

I like them both - in fact they make the Audi look so overdone - I am really getting to hate the Audi front end look. There is some guy that bought an R8 here in the hood - and I do not like the "eye-brow" or "eye-liner" lights that are on all of the time. But I guess that if one has a really, really, really great need to be noticed - that does the trick.

I agree - you ought to be communicating with Ford . Have you learned 3D modeling yet?

I like them both - in fact they make the Audi look so overdone - I am really getting to hate the Audi front end look. There is some guy that bought an R8 here in the hood - and I do not like the "eye-brow" or "eye-liner" lights that are on all of the time. But I guess that if one has a really, really, really great need to be noticed - that does the trick.

I agree - you ought to be communicating with Ford . Have you learned 3D modeling yet?

In Audi's defense, the picture I posted above appears to have a custom front end/lower front bumper.

I happen to like Audi's daytime running lights...

This is a Mercury Spoiler version. It's a bit more extreme in design (and angles and trying to model it! But that's half the fun in photoshop).

Um, is there some problem with the Marauder name? :P :)

BTW, the car was called Cyclone. "Spoiler" was a trim name and, to me, isn't very appealing as a model name.

Great chop, though (as usual).

edit: I know, some people will argue that it was a Montego, but the Cyclone stood apart from it's twin sibling, mostly because of the gunsight grille and the fastback (er, Sportsroof) rear window.

Edited by syrtran

BTW, the car was called Cyclone. "Spoiler" was a trim name and, to me, isn't very appealing as a model name.

edit: I know, some people will argue that it was a Montego, but the Cyclone stood apart from it's twin sibling, mostly because of the gunsight grille and the fastback (er, Sportsroof) rear window.

I'm not the biggest fan of the "Spoiler" name either.....

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken in 1970-71 it was Cyclone (351 2v standard), Cyclone GT (same engine, dressed up a bit) and Spoiler (basically same strippo level as a Torino Cobra also with a 429 4v Thunder Jet and had the graphics package) ...all had the gun sight grill.

And it didn't have the Torino sports roof, it was the formal roof....but it was actually more aerodynamic (Dave Pearson????)

It could easily be called "Cyclone" w/o the graphics, which are unnecessary IMHO (and I did them ;-) )

I should chop the rear spolier back in however. Done.

post-19198-1242276598_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1242277463_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1242277511_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

• 2 months later...