My Design - 2012 Ford Interceptor, Mercury Marauder, & Lincoln TownCar

These is my drawings of the 2012 Ford Interceptor, Mercury Marauder, & Lincoln TownCar. These would be introduced in late 2011 as 2012 models. They will be on the Ford D2C Platform.

FORD INTERCEPTOR:

Competes with the Dodge Charger. Replaces the Ford Crown Victoria. Will also have a Police package, which includes a special edition of Ford Sync which includes a police database and instant license plate recognition. Will be the most retro out of the three. Will look very similar to the concept.

MERCUTY MARAUDER

Competes with Cadillac CTS-V. Replaces Mercury Grand Marquis. Will be the performance-oriented of the three. Will look like a sportier version of the Interceptor.

LINCOLN TOWNCAR

Competes with Chrysler 300 and other luxury vehicles. Name changed from two words to one. An extended-wheelbase L will be a package. The bottom tier of the dashboard will have a sliding cover, like the previous-generation Lincoln Navigator. The most expensive, yet-to-be-named package, will include things like reclining massaging seats, window shades, wine fridge, and many others, similar to the Bentley Continental. Will be the luxury version of the three. The Lincoln hood ornament returns, as well as the Lincoln logo on the taillights. Will be reminiscent of the cat-eye Town Car of the late 90s & early 2000s.

PICS- Sorry for poor quality

v The Ford Interceptor (top) and Lincoln TownCar (bottom)

2009April20020.jpg

v The Mercury Marauder

2009April20023.jpg

v Mercury Marauder Dashboard & the rear of the three vehicles (In order: Interceptor, Marauder, TownCar)

2009April20021.jpg

v Ford Interceptor Dash (Top) and Lincoln TownCar Dash (Bottom)

2009April20022.jpg

v The whole picture

2009April20019.jpg

I'll add more features and ideas later - Tell me what you think so far! Should I change anything?

Here's a few thoughts of mine. I'll give general thoughts about the entire series, and then I'll break it down individually with thoughts per model.

First, they all look rather similar in shape, etc. on the interior and exterior. You have very similar rear bumpers, and the foglight areas are almost the same on all of them. Obviously they're all big sedans, so they're gonna share mostly the same proportions, etc., but I think Ford is starting to prove that each car can be given it's own look while on the same platform. Don't be afraid to mix it up a bit. Give them each their own glaringly obvious personalities (see more in each thought breakdown). Same thought goes on the interior front. Look at the Flex and MKT side by side comparison for interior and exterior differentiation done extremely well.

The hood looks a little short on all of them, especially for large sedans. The short trunk is ok, but do keep in mind, being a big sedan, it should have a big trunk. One thing many have complained about with the MKS is the trunk - while it's absolutely massive, the vehicle's design makes the opening on the smaller side, inhibiting the most effiecient use of it. So you can certainly have a big trunk with the look you already have, just make sure the opening could be large enough to be useful.

Oh, and they all need wheels :lol:

---

Now for the breakdowns....

Interceptor:

Exterior

The headlights remind me of the new/upcoming Buick LaCrosse for some reason. Tie the design into the new Taurus a bit more.....give the lineup a family resemblence (outside the three-bar grille). Give the Interceptor the horizontal chrome bar like on the concept. This will further tie it into Taurus. And I'm not really seeing too much retro in it, even though it's supposed to be the "most retro of the three," but that's perfectly alright.

Interior

To me, it's a Taurus combined with an F-150. Not sure how I feel about that. Don't worry about it, a lot of my first interiors were heavily inspired by the F-150 and others. Try to differentiate it from other models in the lineup - give it it's own feeling/theme. I don't really like the Mustang-esque steering wheel (being used here), either.

Marauder:

Exterior

First, I wouldn't really think this Grand Marquis replacement would compete with the CTS-V......it's bigger than that (DTS, S-class, etc. sized), at least the current Panthers are.

I like the look of the front end. Similar to Tim's, but a bit more curvy, especially toward the edges. I'd remove the horizontal trunk strip (since it'll be on the Interceptor), and perhaps give it some horizontal taillights instead to differentiate it better from the other two. As stated above, try to change the bumper more. Perhaps keep the quad exhaust here, but have Interceptor only have two pipes. Or maybe if you go with a horizontal theme for the rear like with the taillights, give it rectangular pipes? Also, this horizontal/rectangular theme would tie it into the front, which has rectangular-shaped design elements.

If it's to be the sporty one of the group, chop the roofline in back a bit, make it more sporty, move more toward that 4-door coupe look, but don't go too far that way.

Interior

In this one, the more sporty Mustang-esque steering wheel makes sense, since it's the sporty one. I would suggest changing it's shape a bit, so it's not just a parts-bin Mustang wheel. Try to be more sporty with the interior design. As much as I don't like them, maybe you could tilt the center stack a bit toward the driver for that more driver-oriented feeling/theme. I'd be a proponent of giving it the Mercury god-head logo too, like the last Marauder. Try to change the guages some, so their not exactly the same as the Interceptor's.

Town Car:

Exterior

The first thing I noticed: I suggest you drop that antenna thing on the TC's trunk lid. I always hated those stupid things, and in this day in age where antenna-less cars are becoming the norm, it'd look even worse.

Be careful using the split wing grille. While it looks good on it's applications thus far, and you did a good job implementing it, I'm thinking they may need to go in another direction in the future.....I'm not sure if it can become the BMW kidney grille that can be put on every model and looks good. MKT (at least in pictures) is looking like a stretch (literally and figuratively) for the grille.

I can see you've stretched it, and I completely agree with that decision. Moving to the rear, I'm not sure how I feel about moving back to the emblem on the taillights. I think that worked on the late '90s, early '00s models because they didn't have a large Lincoln star on the trunk lid, as you do there. Maybe you should move the license plate up into the trunk lid. This will not only create a smaller center star, making the taillight ones look better, but it will help to differentiate the TC from the other two.

Last thing for the exterior: As much as I'm usually against this, and as much as it seems like Lincoln customers aren't, don't be afraid to put a little Rolls-Royce-esque snobbiness in it's design. People that will be paying the prices (that I assume) this new Towncar will demand want to be coddled and feel like they bought something truly special. You're aforementioned hood ornament, antenna (although I hate that thing, as stated above - no offense) reclining seats, fridge, etc. will contribute to this.

Interior

Many of the last points I made for the exterior carry over to the interior. To me, you're design there looks a lot like the current Town Car, with a little new MKZ thrown in. Try to make it obnoxiously nice looking and completely unrecognizable to the other two dashes. Change the guages to that 3-pod design found in the MKT.

---

Overall, you did a good job. Most of what I just ranted about is personal preference, so don't feel like you have to change anything or that I was picking apart your work. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more stuff.

---

The biggest thing I want to say to you, though, is to keep drawing/sketching.......keep coming up with new ideas, refine your abilities, refine your sketches, throw little details in that only the most observant will find, don't be afraid to push the envelop a bit (that's something I struggle with too). Take an art class (if possible. how old are you if you don't mind me asking?). I'm not saying all this to be mean and say you're horrible, just the opposite in fact. A lot of my early stuff looked horrible (well, good at the time to me, but looking back they're bad), but by refining, perfecting, learning new techniques, etc. I've gotten much better at sketching out my ideas. You've got some good ideas there, build upon them.

---

Oh, and I'll throw in my Lincoln Cosmopolitan drawing that I've posted before just for the heck of it, since we're talking large (Lincoln) sedans.

cosmopolitan7.jpg

A few notes on mine:

I used the split wing, even though I mentioned above perhaps moving away from it.

And this picture would be a short wheelbase model, while an extended length "L" version would be optional, with similar features you were thinking of.

Edited by rmc523

Here's a few thoughts of mine. I'll give general thoughts about the entire series, and then I'll break it down individually with thoughts per model.

First, they all look rather similar in shape, etc. on the interior and exterior. You have very similar rear bumpers, and the foglight areas are almost the same on all of them. Obviously they're all big sedans, so they're gonna share mostly the same proportions, etc., but I think Ford is starting to prove that each car can be given it's own look while on the same platform. Don't be afraid to mix it up a bit. Give them each their own glaringly obvious personalities (see more in each thought breakdown). Same thought goes on the interior front. Look at the Flex and MKT side by side comparison for interior and exterior differentiation done extremely well.

The hood looks a little short on all of them, especially for large sedans. The short trunk is ok, but do keep in mind, being a big sedan, it should have a big trunk. One thing many have complained about with the MKS is the trunk - while it's absolutely massive, the vehicle's design makes the opening on the smaller side, inhibiting the most effiecient use of it. So you can certainly have a big trunk with the look you already have, just make sure the opening could be large enough to be useful.

Oh, and they all need wheels :lol:

---

Now for the breakdowns....

Interceptor:

Exterior

The headlights remind me of the new/upcoming Buick LaCrosse for some reason. Tie the design into the new Taurus a bit more.....give the lineup a family resemblence (outside the three-bar grille). Give the Interceptor the horizontal chrome bar like on the concept. This will further tie it into Taurus. And I'm not really seeing too much retro in it, even though it's supposed to be the "most retro of the three," but that's perfectly alright.

Interior

To me, it's a Taurus combined with an F-150. Not sure how I feel about that. Don't worry about it, a lot of my first interiors were heavily inspired by the F-150 and others. Try to differentiate it from other models in the lineup - give it it's own feeling/theme. I don't really like the Mustang-esque steering wheel (being used here), either.

Marauder:

Exterior

First, I wouldn't really think this Grand Marquis replacement would compete with the CTS-V......it's bigger than that (DTS, S-class, etc. sized), at least the current Panthers are.

I like the look of the front end. Similar to Tim's, but a bit more curvy, especially toward the edges. I'd remove the horizontal trunk strip (since it'll be on the Interceptor), and perhaps give it some horizontal taillights instead to differentiate it better from the other two. As stated above, try to change the bumper more. Perhaps keep the quad exhaust here, but have Interceptor only have two pipes. Or maybe if you go with a horizontal theme for the rear like with the taillights, give it rectangular pipes? Also, this horizontal/rectangular theme would tie it into the front, which has rectangular-shaped design elements.

If it's to be the sporty one of the group, chop the roofline in back a bit, make it more sporty, move more toward that 4-door coupe look, but don't go too far that way.

Interior

In this one, the more sporty Mustang-esque steering wheel makes sense, since it's the sporty one. I would suggest changing it's shape a bit, so it's not just a parts-bin Mustang wheel. Try to be more sporty with the interior design. As much as I don't like them, maybe you could tilt the center stack a bit toward the driver for that more driver-oriented feeling/theme. I'd be a proponent of giving it the Mercury god-head logo too, like the last Marauder. Try to change the guages some, so their not exactly the same as the Interceptor's.

Town Car:

Exterior

The first thing I noticed: I suggest you drop that antenna thing on the TC's trunk lid. I always hated those stupid things, and in this day in age where antenna-less cars are becoming the norm, it'd look even worse.

Be careful using the split wing grille. While it looks good on it's applications thus far, and you did a good job implementing it, I'm thinking they may need to go in another direction in the future.....I'm not sure if it can become the BMW kidney grille that can be put on every model and looks good. MKT (at least in pictures) is looking like a stretch (literally and figuratively) for the grille.

I can see you've stretched it, and I completely agree with that decision. Moving to the rear, I'm not sure how I feel about moving back to the emblem on the taillights. I think that worked on the late '90s, early '00s models because they didn't have a large Lincoln star on the trunk lid, as you do there. Maybe you should move the license plate up into the trunk lid. This will not only create a smaller center star, making the taillight ones look better, but it will help to differentiate the TC from the other two.

Last thing for the exterior: As much as I'm usually against this, and as much as it seems like Lincoln customers aren't, don't be afraid to put a little Rolls-Royce-esque snobbiness in it's design. People that will be paying the prices (that I assume) this new Towncar will demand want to be coddled and feel like they bought something truly special. You're aforementioned hood ornament, antenna (although I hate that thing, as stated above - no offense) reclining seats, fridge, etc. will contribute to this.

Interior

Many of the last points I made for the exterior carry over to the interior. To me, you're design there looks a lot like the current Town Car, with a little new MKZ thrown in. Try to make it obnoxiously nice looking and completely unrecognizable to the other two dashes. Change the guages to that 3-pod design found in the MKT.

---

Overall, you did a good job. Most of what I just ranted about is personal preference, so don't feel like you have to change anything or that I was picking apart your work. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more stuff.

---

The biggest thing I want to say to you, though, is to keep drawing/sketching.......keep coming up with new ideas, refine your abilities, refine your sketches, throw little details in that only the most observant will find, don't be afraid to push the envelop a bit (that's something I struggle with too). Take an art class (if possible. how old are you if you don't mind me asking?). I'm not saying all this to be mean and say you're horrible, just the opposite in fact. A lot of my early stuff looked horrible (well, good at the time to me, but looking back they're bad), but by refining, perfecting, learning new techniques, etc. I've gotten much better at sketching out my ideas. You've got some good ideas there, build upon them.

---

Oh, and I'll throw in my Lincoln Cosmopolitan drawing that I've posted before just for the heck of it, since we're talking large (Lincoln) sedans.

cosmopolitan7.jpg

A few notes on mine:

I used the split wing, even though I mentioned above perhaps moving away from it.

And this picture would be a short wheelbase model, while an extended length "L" version would be optional, with similar features you were thinking of.

Thanks so much for your response!

I do see a bit of the new Lacrosse with the new headlights, but I wanted to differentiate them with the Marauder. As for the interior of the Interceptor, I did combine elements from several Ford Cars (Steering wheel from the Mustang, Vents from the F-150, and the shape of the dash from the Ford Taurus). But the overall interior was actually inspired by a Chevy Impala Concept I saw online & I drew up (I'll post it here if you want). I do want to go more retro with it, and I'll make the interior a LOT more retro.

For the Marauder, it doesn't necessarily mean it will perform like the Grand Marquis.. I want it to be developed in a way that it would be competition to the CTS-V. I think making horizontal taillights will be a good idea (They were originally identical to the Interceptor's, albeit Atlezza-clear instead of red). As for the Gauges, I'd keep them the same but change the gauges on the Interceptor. It may be hard to make a driver-oriented center stack, but I could use some inspiration from the Cougar that Mercury produced a few years back. And for the God head logo, consider it done!

Now for the Towncar... I hope you don't mind if I borrow elements from your Cosmopolitan design. For the tail lights, I'll keep them the same as they look like a modernized version to the 90s-00s Towncar's (The new ones will look like the Cadillac CTS-V). And I'll move the license plate up to the trunk lid so it makes the Lincoln logo smaller. The antenna... I had no idea it was an antenna, I had just added it to make it look more like a limo... It can be removed. As far as being obnoxious, the front end in my design seems it... It's basically a squared-off version of the old towncar (The headlights will be similar to the new Taurus, and will be reminiscent of the former cat-eye headlights) and the hoodline will be tall and stout, like a Bentley. As for the interior, I'll be sure to make it better... I'll use Bentleys and Maseratis for inspiration. The grille of the Towncar is split-wing, but the part where the grille splits will be chrome (unlike the MKT and such, which is sheetmetal).

Oh & I'm only in High School and don't have much time to draw & post here, I was bored one day & drew these up... But I'm going to make lots of changes and updates.

Thanks so much for your response!

I do see a bit of the new Lacrosse with the new headlights, but I wanted to differentiate them with the Marauder. As for the interior of the Interceptor, I did combine elements from several Ford Cars (Steering wheel from the Mustang, Vents from the F-150, and the shape of the dash from the Ford Taurus). But the overall interior was actually inspired by a Chevy Impala Concept I saw online & I drew up (I'll post it here if you want). I do want to go more retro with it, and I'll make the interior a LOT more retro.

For the Marauder, it doesn't necessarily mean it will perform like the Grand Marquis.. I want it to be developed in a way that it would be competition to the CTS-V. I think making horizontal taillights will be a good idea (They were originally identical to the Interceptor's, albeit Atlezza-clear instead of red). As for the Gauges, I'd keep them the same but change the gauges on the Interceptor. It may be hard to make a driver-oriented center stack, but I could use some inspiration from the Cougar that Mercury produced a few years back. And for the God head logo, consider it done!

Now for the Towncar... I hope you don't mind if I borrow elements from your Cosmopolitan design. For the tail lights, I'll keep them the same as they look like a modernized version to the 90s-00s Towncar's (The new ones will look like the Cadillac CTS-V). And I'll move the license plate up to the trunk lid so it makes the Lincoln logo smaller. The antenna... I had no idea it was an antenna, I had just added it to make it look more like a limo... It can be removed. As far as being obnoxious, the front end in my design seems it... It's basically a squared-off version of the old towncar (The headlights will be similar to the new Taurus, and will be reminiscent of the former cat-eye headlights) and the hoodline will be tall and stout, like a Bentley. As for the interior, I'll be sure to make it better... I'll use Bentleys and Maseratis for inspiration. The grille of the Towncar is split-wing, but the part where the grille splits will be chrome (unlike the MKT and such, which is sheetmetal).

Oh & I'm only in High School and don't have much time to draw & post here, I was bored one day & drew these up... But I'm going to make lots of changes and updates.

Interceptor: Sure, I'd like to see that Impala concept you're referring to. Can't wait to see it.

Marauder: Oh, I know it won't perform like the GM, I'm just saying if it's that big, it won't directly compete with the CTS-V.

TownCar: No, go ahead, as long as you don't blatantly copy it. I think those things were supposed to be antennas anyway.

Can't wait to see your updates.

And I understand....I just graduated from high school last year (2008), and will be a sophomore in college this coming year, so I know where you're coming from. If your school offers them, try taking an art course or two if possible.

Interceptor: Sure, I'd like to see that Impala concept you're referring to. Can't wait to see it.

Marauder: Oh, I know it won't perform like the GM, I'm just saying if it's that big, it won't directly compete with the CTS-V.

TownCar: No, go ahead, as long as you don't blatantly copy it. I think those things were supposed to be antennas anyway.

Can't wait to see your updates.

And I understand....I just graduated from high school last year (2008), and will be a sophomore in college this coming year, so I know where you're coming from. If your school offers them, try taking an art course or two if possible.

Don't worry, I'll only use some styling elements... I have taken art classes in the past, but they mostly focused on painting, and drawing classes... Idk, maybe in the future. I used to be a whole lot better, but I have very little time to draw anymore so I've gotten worse, lol.

This is the Impala design I saw online & I [mostly] copied it in my drawing. But how's this for an Interceptor interior, albeit a Ford logo instead of Chevy? The only thing I'd change is replace the dash controls with ones made by Ford, and use circular vents (they look more retro, and I as well as others like circular vents like the ones featured on the f150).. any suggestions?

501d1234921714-2010-chevy-impala-rwd-ss-have-ls7-detail_impala_interior.jpg

• 1 month later...

My Changes.

Ford Interceptor

It is now almost identical to the concept. The only changes of the exterior are realistic door handles, a larger back window (for better sight), realistic headlights (same shape & size, though), and subtle changes. The interior is more simple and closer to the concept. The vents, gauges, steering wheel center, and other elements are squircles. It will have a brushed aluminum strip across the dash, and brushed aluminum will also be used on the door handles, steering wheel, vents, and around the center dash. The interior will be subtle to keep the Interceptor at a low price.

Mercury Marauder

Changed the shape a bit to differentiate itself from the other two cars. I haven't made an interior yet.

Lincoln TownCar

Made the exterior more dramatic but mostly the same. The interior is more luxurious and less bland than before. It will use lots of brushed aluminum and woodgrain. The gauges are made of brushed aluminum.

Ford Interceptor vvv

0708091746.jpg

Ford Interceptor Interior vvv

0708091741.jpg

Mercury Marauder vvv

0708091740.jpg

Lincoln TownCar vvv

0708091738.jpg

Lincoln TownCar Interior vvv

0708091735.jpg

Ford Interceptor Features

Trim Lines: SE (Economy Version, Lowest Priced), SEL (More Standard Features and Options), Sport (Same features as SEL but with a sportier appearance, spoiler and hood scoop is included), and GT (High Performance Version, the 3-chrome bar grille is painted black and has a billet honeycomb pattern, and available racing stripes)

Police Interceptor: Now called "Civic Package". Includes Optional Ballistic Protection (Ballictic oors and Dash included), Standard features include Rear seats designed to accommodated handcuffed suspects/prisoners, Security features to prevent escape of prisoners, Rear passenger compartment designed to be washed by hosing down, Integrated push bumpers and PIT capability,

Integrated aerodynamic emergency lights with sirens, and a special version of Ford Sync that includes video surveillance and instant license plate recognition, as well as a police computer that can be synched onto the system. Will not be available to the public & can only be bought by police stations.

Taxi: A bulletproof glass divider and hose-down rear seats are standard. Special Version of Ford Sync includes the trip calculator thing (I have no clue what its called, lol) that Taxi Drivers use.

Mercury Marauder Features

Coming soon

Lincoln TownCar Features

The TownCar will have the split-wing grille, but there will be chrome instead of sheetmetal in between the "wings". The taillights will be tall and mostly LED, but there will be a small section around the lincoln logo that is lit in low-emitting regular bulbs, highlighting the logo.

Trim Lines: Signature (The base model), Premium (More standard features and options), Premium L (Longer Wheelbase), and Valet Edition (Comes loaded with luxury features, see below)

Every TownCar Model will come with options like ballistic protection, rear center console (reduces to 4 seats), and the 5-seat option has a/c and heat on the back of the front console. Headrest DVD is optional and an optional TV tuner is available. The back seats now have adjustable headrests. All 4 doors have built-in cupholders and umbrella holders. Rear vanity mirrors in the rear quarter panel are standard, and there are map lights for each seat in the back.

The L Model has reclining rear seats with armrests.

The Valet Edition has standard features such as a wine cooler, massaging seats, back window shades, privacy glass, automatic rear doors (a button opens it slowly), extended seat runners, a heated, telescoping two-tone steering wheel, heated and cooled front and rear seats, and much more. Many of these features are optional on the other trim levels.

Promotion and Advertising

The production vehicles would premier at the 2011 North American Auto Show, and would be released shortly after that. Commercials will air during the superbowl and other popular programs. The Interceptor's tagline will be "Theres a new sheriff in town", and early commercials will feature the song "Ms. Officer" by Lil Wayne (This will fit the persona of the car), and will feature an attractive woman stepping out of the car at a crime scene, only to find that everyone is staring at the car and not her.

The cars will be featured in video games like Need for Speed and Midnight Club as part of a deal with Ford. Police cars will be the Ford Interceptor Civic Package, and the Ford Interceptor GT and Mercury Marauder will be playable vehicles. The new Lincoln TownCar will be used in many music videos around the time of its release. Ford will strike deals with film companies and feature the cars in 2011 films (The new Chevy Camaro and Chevy Spark are featured prominently in the 2009 Transformers Film, and the 1986 Ford Taurus was prominent in RoboCop at the time)

What do you all think for now?

Good ideas. I like the improved interiors.

I also liked your ideas for the advertisements, although I do have to question the target market for the Interceptor, as I'd think many who that music would appeal to (myself included) would likely not be able to afford such a vehicle.....just a thought.

Good ideas. I like the improved interiors.

I also liked your ideas for the advertisements, although I do have to question the target market for the Interceptor, as I'd think many who that music would appeal to (myself included) would likely not be able to afford such a vehicle.....just a thought.

The target market will be the same as the Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala SS, etc. The song will just be used in probably one commercial, because it goes along with the persona. I think for other commercials they could re-introduce the "Have you driven a Ford Lately?" slogan, although I'd much rather do that for the new Taurus..

The target market will be the same as the Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala SS, etc. The song will just be used in probably one commercial, because it goes along with the persona. I think for other commercials they could re-introduce the "Have you driven a Ford Lately?" slogan, although I'd much rather do that for the new Taurus..

I see. Impala SS was discontinued, if you didn't know.

IIRC, we're close to the same age, so one commercial like that could work well

I see. Impala SS was discontinued, if you didn't know.

IIRC, we're close to the same age, so one commercial like that could work well

I looked it up, and as far as I know, the SS is still in production. And I also found out that the current Impala will remain in production until 2013 D: It looks outdated now, imagine how bad it will be 4 years from now! This is why GM needs to get their act together!

But anyway, back to the original topic, how are the updates to the Interceptor/Marauder/TownCar?

I looked it up, and as far as I know, the SS is still in production. And I also found out that the current Impala will remain in production until 2013 D: It looks outdated now, imagine how bad it will be 4 years from now! This is why GM needs to get their act together!

But anyway, back to the original topic, how are the updates to the Interceptor/Marauder/TownCar?

I thought I read an article mentioning it was to be discontinued....I'm too lazy to go find it though, it was several weeks ago at least.

I was just thinking about it, would the model used in the "Ms. officer" commercial be a "Civic package" one......in that case, I'd have to question why you'd advertise the police model.

As I said above, Good ideas and improvements. I like the improved interiors....much better than your first go, IMO.

Thats pretty cool... if they make a sequel to the movie "Cars", Ford strike a deal to have that included...

And no, it's the regular Interceptor that would be used in the commercial, not the Civic one, lmao

Just asking because you said it'd involve a crime scene and such, but I don't know why you'd advertise the police model to the general public.

probably by using something a bit like this...

I know what he's talking about, it's just that in this case, the Interceptor IS the car being advertised, and if it's also to have a police option, you'd advertise the "public" version, not the police one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only changes I made to the MKR concept is:

* A wider gap in the split wing grille to accommodate a license plate. The top line of the licence plate will be even with the central horizontal line of the grille, which will be lowered so that the bottom gap of the grille will be the same height as a standard license plate.

* The over sized Lincoln star on the front will be removed and replaced with a Lincoln hood ornament on the central crease running through the center of the hood.

* I added door handles

* I made the B-pillar wider to accommodate opera lights

* I made the headlights slightly larger (just a little bit) to give it a more obnoxious-looking front end

* I abandoned the windshield idea used on the concept, and replaced it with a conventional windshield and Ford's Multi-Panel Vista Roof could probably be an option on the car.

* I will slightly revise the dash area from my last drawing of it

I made a drawing but it really doesn't look that good. I've seen you make some good Photoshop renderings, you think you can make those changes to the exterior for me? You don't have to.

I will also slightly revise the Interceptor's dash area to make it more like the concept.