Couple of Cougars

DAMN!!! Those are fantastic!! And I could actually see something like the first one ..coming out as the new capri... Timm Ford really needs to give you a job! Do you think you could make the first one a notchback...just so i could see what it would look like?

BTW...I asked RMC to do this, and i was hoping you could do the same...could you by chance post a sketch/chop of what a next gen mustang would look like...

thanks

Red one is based somewhat off the 69 fastback clay Mark posted, updated to the new Mustang, the sketch is a quickie, not based off anything in particular (I was bored today LOL).

I love them both Tim! Awesome work!

BTW...I asked RMC to do this, and i was hoping you could do the same...could you by chance post a sketch/chop of what a next gen mustang would look like...

thanks

Did you check the Cougar thread that you asked me in?

Timmm they are all fantastic. The fastback looks very modern and I love the yellow Eliminator. I could see myself driving any one of these designs. This is what a new Cougar should be. It is distinct from the Mustang and much more upscale but could be built with Mustang components and engineering.

This car could bring real excitement back to Mercury. I hope someone at Ford is watching.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Timmm they are all fantastic. The fastback looks very modern and I love the yellow Eliminator. I could see myself driving any one of these designs. This is what a new Cougar should be. It is distinct from the Mustang and much more upscale but could be built with Mustang components and engineering.

This car could bring real excitement back to Mercury. I hope someone at Ford is watching.

completely agree over here...

The GT-E bright strip may be a bit much for today, sans dodad

Yeah, I like it better without the lower panels being gray.

As for the interior, while you did a great job, 1) if produced, it'd draw criticism for being too similar to Mustang, and 2) I personally can't stand red interiors.

I'd like to see an interior with some color!

While gray, black and tan are fine and inoffensive, I don't like the half arsed upholstered "accent" red.

I love the aqua leather (and carpet, headliner, dash, dooe panels, etc.) in my friend's 69 Cougar XR-7 and the dark green in a Mark III I had.

But I do like tan leather ;-)

..........and here's a rear chop. I did some Cougars a few years ago, trying not to recreate what I did already!

post-19198-1244953825_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1244954640_thumb.jpg

I'd like to see an interior with some color!

While gray, black and tan are fine and inoffensive, I don't like the half arsed upholstered "accent" red.

I love the aqua leather (and carpet, headliner, dash, dooe panels, etc.) in my friend's 69 Cougar XR-7 and the dark green in a Mark III I had.

But I do like tan leather ;-)

..........and here's a rear chop. I did some Cougars a few years ago, trying not to recreate what I did already!

Both of them look great! I like the rear a lot. And I remember those old Cougar chops you're referring to.

Both of them look great! I like the rear a lot. And I remember those old Cougar chops you're referring to.

I say that we loyal ford fans gather up our pitchforks and torches and storm detroit and make ford build tims cougar!!

As Mark B. Morrow said...this car could bring the excitement back to mercury...and he is exactly right...a car like this would give everyone a whole new view on ford's mercury division!!!

I say that we loyal ford fans gather up our pitchforks and torches and storm detroit and make ford build tims cougar!!

As Mark B. Morrow said...this car could bring the excitement back to mercury...and he is exactly right...a car like this would give everyone a whole new view on ford's mercury division!!!

Eh, I dunno....I'd say wait until we see that new Mercury product will be.

Eh, I dunno....I'd say wait until we see that new Mercury product will be.

What do they have viable now? Milan and Mariner.....a 4 door sedan and a small SUV.

The Grand Marquis is old enough to see essentially the same model in junk yards (intact). Do they still make the Mountaineer?

4 doors and SUVs....yawn. The Kuga may be a nice, slick, small SUV, but still more of the same.

They need a well rounded selection.

caliente222.jpg

What do they have viable now? Milan and Mariner.....a 4 door sedan and a small SUV.

The Grand Marquis is old enough to see essentially the same model in junk yards (intact). Do they still make the Mountaineer?

4 doors and SUVs....yawn. The Kuga may be a nice, slick, small SUV, but still more of the same.

They need a well rounded selection.

caliente222.jpg

I was referring to the part about getting pitchforks and marching to Dearborn. :P

GM and Mountaineer are dying. Sable's dead. Milan and Mariner are all that's left. I was referring to the new small Focus-based small car that's supposedly coming soon.

I was referring to the part about getting pitchforks and marching to Dearborn. :P

GM and Mountaineer are dying. Sable's dead. Milan and Mariner are all that's left. I was referring to the new small Focus-based small car that's supposedly coming soon.

Well, it is more than Buick's line-up :banghead:

But I'd like to see Mercury back up to a full line of vehicles, Cougar included.

post-19198-1245097158_thumb.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be Mustang based...