Charger/Challenger

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

tough

i agree

stunning indeed

Really?? All your one and two word posts in numerous threads do nothing to contribute to the forum. It's obvious that your just trying to get to the 10 post limit for vehicle tracking.

Back to the topic.... the charger in those pics is one I would actually consider buying. I love the front end, but something feels like it's missing on the rear, I just can't figure out what it is though. To me, the current chargers just look like any other ordinary family sedan, with the exception of the SRT8. We looked at them last year when we were looking for a new car, but we just weren't impressed. The interiors of these cars look and feel very cheap. We ended up buying 2010 Fusion Sport and it's been a great vehicle so far. Note to Dodge: Build the above Charger and I might consider it over the Mustang I'll be buying in the next couple years.

I love both the 2008-2011 Challenger and the 2011 Charger. I think it's great that we can actually choose between a coupe and a sedan, unlike from so many other car manufacturers. If Dodge replaced the Challenger with a Charger coupe I would be a bit disappointed but that wouldn't keep me away. My next "me" car will be the Challenger R/T. With stick. In bright red.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Timmm. It is a shame there isn't a market for a large 2-door anymore. I would love to see a new Torino too.

I believe that if in fact there is no market for a large two door, it's because the domestic automakers made such crappy ones that they killed the market. Ford could very easily build a coupe version of the Taurus and call it Torino, Thunderbird, or Talledega. Lincoln could do the same with the MKS and call it Mark IX. Ford could also make one of the Fusion and call it Maverick. The Challenger is a good example of a successful coupe. Like the Challenger is to the Charger, Ford would need to do more than remove two doors; they would need to reskin it so that it's a unique, sporty, and handsome coupe.

I miss the days when most vehicles were available as coupes and sedans and many could be had as wagons and convertibles, too. I know sedans are easier to get in but I'm willing to give up that little bit of convenience for better styling. I know some aren't but at least give us buyers a choice.

Don't tell Dodge! LOL

Mark did say a LARGE two door. Whereas the Challenger is an attempt at being a Pony Car by shortening a full sized car, the Charger.

Large two door coupes have been disappearing en mass since the Coupe De Ville, one time Cadillac's best seller. Part of this has to be ingress/egress. If you've ever tried getting into the rear seat of a 1960 Coupe De Ville, it was easy! No shoulder harnesses, the seat backs swung wide for easy entry, the doors were long. It wasn't much worse than geting into a four door sedan.

Now you need a shoe horn to get in any coupe!

I don't see Dodge trying to sell the Challenger as a pony car, although most of the media try to peg it as one. Sometimes they'll go the opposite route and call the Camaro and Mustang musclecars, although as smaller 2+2's they are clearly pony cars. That Dodge made the Challenger a larger, five-passenger coupe with a big trunk shows me that they designed it to be a musclecar, not a pony car. I see why people cross shop it with the Camaro and Mustang, though.

Mark did say a LARGE two door. Whereas the Challenger is an attempt at being a Pony Car by shortening a full sized car, the Charger.

Large two door coupes have been disappearing en mass since the Coupe De Ville, one time Cadillac's best seller. Part of this has to be ingress/egress. If you've ever tried getting into the rear seat of a 1960 Coupe De Ville, it was easy! No shoulder harnesses, the seat backs swung wide for easy entry, the doors were long. It wasn't much worse than geting into a four door sedan.

Now you need a shoe horn to get in any coupe!

You're right - guess I was thinking "large" as in it's one of the larger coupes (certainly visually) on the market today.

• 6 months later...

As good-looking as the last Charger was, the 2011 is beautiful! Could you please make a coupe version of the new one? Again, I love the Challenger, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if Dodge replaced it with a Charger coupe.

I do like the refresh on the Charger, much MUCH better!

Can someone here start with the 2011 Charger and make that a coupe? I lack two important things to do it myself: the tools and the talent.

Here's one I did a while back because, like everybody else (except Dodge :rolleyes: ) I want to see it like this...

ChargerShop.png

It does make a sexy coupe, I gotta say.

Also, here's another one I was playing around with. It's the concept that was posted on the first page with a few alterations/modifications from myself...

ChargerCoupe.png