Ford Flex Sport

PREMiERdrum and I were discussing various Ford models the other day. He mentioned that he saw his first Explorer Sport (see picture), which includes the larger 20's and a "black appearance package" (that's what I'm gonna call it), which paints the lower trim and grille black, in this case on top of a red Explorer. This got me thinking......I wonder what a Flex Sport would look like. All I have is a front 3/4 for now, but am considering making a rear 3/4, depending on reactions to this chop. Anyway, here's the Explorer Sport picture, followed by two variations of the Flex Sport chop and the original picture:

1FMEU63E99UA01265-1.jpg

Flexsport7.jpg

Flexsport6.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

The first chop is a "basic" Flex sport. I blacked out the grille, headlights, taillights, foglights, and beltline. I also gave it a black roof, and body color door handles and mirrors. I took the 20" wheels from the Taurus SHO (I'd assume they'd fit the Flex?). I threw in a black Ford emblem on the grille too.

The second chop is the Flex sport with the optional "graphics package," which colors the hood louvers black, as well as the area of the bumper between the upper and middle grilles. I'm considering having the hood louvers be an additional option in case some like the bumper black, but not the hood paint.

-----

Please let me know your thoughts on the chop or the idea....anything, really. Enjoy!

I have a rendering request for the talented photoshop people here. Could one of you find a front 3/4 view dark blue and white top 2010 ecoboost flex (motortrend has them) and photoshop on a current lincoln MKX grill? As a bonus you could put a ford logo or no logo where the lincoln one is. I believe you'll see that it will look pretty good. Add on the 22 Edge sport wheels and I'm in.

nobody makes a decent grill replacement yet for the Mach 3 razor look yet.

post-1142-1248123268_thumb.jpg

I have a rendering request for the talented photoshop people here. Could one of you find a front 3/4 view dark blue and white top 2010 ecoboost flex (motortrend has them) and photoshop on a current lincoln MKX grill? As a bonus you could put a ford logo or no logo where the lincoln one is. I believe you'll see that it will look pretty good. Add on the 22 Edge sport wheels and I'm in.

nobody makes a decent grill replacement yet for the Mach 3 razor look yet.

I can kinda get you part way there

Here's my Flex w/ the Edge Sport's 22s:

flexsig1.jpg

I posted int elsewhere, but here's my take on it.

Oh yes, V nice! :) Still not 100% on the Flex's boring shape... I like design, not practicality! :D (though practicality is also VERY important - don't get me wrong)

Edited by Aussie_Ford

Oh yes, V nice! :) Still not 100% on the Flex's boring shape... I like design, not practicality! :D (though practicality is also VERY important - don't get me wrong)

Boring? Can't say I've ever heard the Flex's design described as boring. To each their own, I guess! :shades: