201? Ford Explorer

Does anyone know when the Explorer is coming out?

And am i correct that the Mountaineer is dead/dying?

Well here's what the Explorer and Mountaineer could look like.....

comments?

If you make a suggestion i will try and alter the rendering to your pleasing..

post-33357-1247719356_thumb.jpg

post-33357-1247719371_thumb.jpg

Looks good... I'd like to see the upper grille extend below the headlight line, like on the Explorer America concept. There's a lot of deadspace in between the upper and lower grilles. The Mountaineer looks great... too bad it won't happen. I always prefered the style of the Merc to the Explorer. (and I really loved the Meta One)

Looks good... I'd like to see the upper grille extend below the headlight line, like on the Explorer America concept. There's a lot of deadspace in between the upper and lower grilles. The Mountaineer looks great... too bad it won't happen. I always prefered the style of the Merc to the Explorer. (and I really loved the Meta One)

Yeah, I absolutely loved the Meta One concept, I was really hoping to see it go into production...

and i thought it might go into production after the Flex came out(as a rebadged Flex...I think that would have made more sense than an MKt)

I guess the Meta One will never see production though....

Yeah, I absolutely loved the Meta One concept, I was really hoping to see it go into production...

and i thought it might go into production after the Flex came out(as a rebadged Flex...I think that would have made more sense than an MKt)

I guess the Meta One will never see production though....

The Meta One was based off the Freestyle/Taurus X, so when it died so did it's already slim chances of making it to production. I do think it would've sold relatively well (and perhaps better than it's counterpart, because it looks/ed better) had it come out alongside the Freestyle.

I'd have to argue MKT makes more sense. An MKT will 1) bring in more profit, and 2) appeal to luxury buyers, while the Flex can (theoretically) appeal to "everyone else."

Nope, it won't.

I did do this Mercury Messenger/Magellan based off the Flex a while back:

magellan-messenger5-1.jpg

magellan-messenger6-1.jpg

The Meta One was based off the Freestyle/Taurus X, so when it died so did it's already slim chances of making it to production. I do think it would've sold relatively well (and perhaps better than it's counterpart, because it looks/ed better) had it come out alongside the Freestyle.

I'd have to argue MKT makes more sense. An MKT will 1) bring in more profit, and 2) appeal to luxury buyers, while the Flex can (theoretically) appeal to "everyone else."

Nope, it won't.

Those are nice renditions. I would consider purchasing one if I didn't already have one on order. Oh well.

like so?

post-33357-1247944311_thumb.jpg

Nope, it won't.

*pics*

:shades: :hyper: Where's this Mercury! I would have this over the Flex and MKT ANYDAY!!!!!!!! Great design there! Even better application. Anyone want to render it? :D

Not sure when the new Explorer will be built,they have moved the build date ahead twice now. They got us now building the current model till Oct.2010. Its going from a body on frame to a unibody,and will use styling cues from the concept.

It is rumoured to have sliding doors,and of course it will share alot of the goodies from the new Taurus.

Beyond that its anybodies guess,of course will see more in the coming year.

like so?

like so?

The upper grille/headlights look great... the lower grille just seems out of place to me though (I know it comes from the sedans and I like the concept, it just doesn't mesh with the rest of the design for me.)

Here's an idea:

Change the lower grille to "fit" below the upper (imagine the outer edges of the upper grille continue down to the lower, looking like one shape interrupted by the bodywork), then move the trapezoidal sections (the outer edges of the lower grille now/foglight area) to beneath each headlight, with the bottom of the assembly laying at the body/facia line, bridging the space between the lower grille and the fenders. Keeping all the "action" above the facia line should emphasize the height of the vehicle, and separate it from its car-based bretheren.

a bit more like this perhaps

That looks VERY good. I still think I would prefer that the "wings" of the lower grille be seperate and moved up to the body area under the headlights, but that's just me. If the new Explorer looks like this chop I'm ready to buy when they're ready to sell. Nice job!