Power Running Boards

I'm about ready to add another EL to the fleet. Looking over the 2010 options list for a Limited model it seems like for the option package I want there is no choice but to take the power running boards. Can anyone with the power boards offer any comments as to their performance or if you have ever had any service issues.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 08 King Ranch with power running boards. I didn't care for it, but it already came with it. Anyway, I felt it was just a gimmick, but I've grown to like it quite a bit. It drops down reasonably quick (if you step on it while it's going down, it'll go down just like pushing any automatic doors), keeps it looking clean, and is quite a conversation piece.

I'm about ready to add another EL to the fleet. Looking over the 2010 options list for a Limited model it seems like for the option package I want there is no choice but to take the power running boards. Can anyone with the power boards offer any comments as to their performance or if you have ever had any service issues.

Thanks!

I just looked at the Rapid Spec and unless you need the Air Suspension, why not go with Rapid Spec 300A and add the three items that come with the luxury package as options? Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...
I just looked at the Rapid Spec and unless you need the Air Suspension, why not go with Rapid Spec 300A and add the three items that come with the luxury package as options? Just a thought.

Thanks for the input. I do need the air suspension so I decided to order an EL EB with Rapid 203A which also allowed for every option I wanted without having to include the boards. I only wish Ford would have included the power fold mirror option on the EB. It has everything else. But, I can make it work as this will be my 6th EL.

"I'll never regret trading in my Suburban for this product"

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I have an 09 KING RANCH EL no issues so far with the running boards,although i could see maybe some problems in the winter with slush and snow build-up in there! Get enough of that crap in there with extream temps and i don't know if that motor that powers them is enough to lower them! I think I'ii just shut them down for the winter.As for the looks of them i think if you were to keep them open all the time they hang to low and stick out to far,an accident waiting to happen.The truck it self overall, unbelivable,this is our 3 Expedition our last one being an 04 this is one nice truck,dvd,nav,sync,stereo its all good!!! And lets not forget those SEATS they have to be the niceest seat i have ever sat in,the support is unbelivable!!!! NICE JOB FORD! :hyper: :hyper: