Marauder/Marquis

timmm55 and Aussie_Ford,

I often wondered how much work would be involved converting the Falcon into an MKR.

Why don't you both think about a project like that and if you're interested have a crack at it.

Remember you're both on the Lincoln pay roll and buyers have different expectations.

I did one on a Miata platform (really LOL!), not on Lincoln pay roll though.

Nope.

Well you obviously don't know what a forum really is for then do you? Cause if you have a look-see here: >>> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum <<< you'll see this:

fo·rum - (fôr'əm, fōr'-)

n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr'ə, fōr'ə)

1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

2. A public meeting place for open discussion.

3. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

Exactly what I did - no rules broken - you put it there so you'll have to put up with the fact some people might not actually like what you did...

Back on topic...

Exactly what I did - no rules broken - you put it there so you'll have to put up with the fact some people might not actually like what you did...

Back on topic...

Mate,

This is not a criticism of you but even I found you post a bit over the top but not for the reason Timm did.

You can't throw out the big bait and then pass the cheezy grin - they don't understand dry humor here.

The biggest problem we have here is not understanding each other's English

So please don't broad brush your criticism, you need to tactfully pin point which areas are of concern.

If you have a problem with the scalloped headlights looking that way then explain why you don't them

maybe some background on experiences we've had like the earlier XR6s from EL and maybe AUs

I only offer this information as a friend, it's been my survivor's guide on this site for years.

John

timm,

I think the later version of your work looks a lot better and a little familiar.....

I meant to ask you earlier whether there was a fault on the early pics that seemed to distract the eyes.

In the early one's, the left side head light scallop seems to be pointing the wrong way?

It just looked a little odd, I must have stared at it for about 5 minutes before realising.

Edited by jpd80

Well you obviously don't know what a forum really is for then do you? Cause if you have a look-see here: >>> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum <<< you'll see this:

Back on topic...

I think we all need to start over......it's a nice happy day (at least here). Here's what we're all gonna think ( :hysterical: ):

Timmm55: I did AMAZING work as usual, and some people don't like it, that's ok because I know not everybody's gonna like it.

Aussie_Ford: It's a great chop, but it's not my personal preference, as I prefer the original (current) Falcon's design.

rmc523: Awesome work, wasn't crazy about the first headlights, but still a great chop; let's all play in the sandbox nicely :sandbox:

jpd80: Good work, everybody has different tastes, and "Englishes" for that matter.

Thanks, timmm55

Would you please PM it to me some time as I'd like t see it.

I agree, I'd like to see that too.

timm,

I think the later version of your work looks a lot better and a little familiar.....

I meant to ask you earlier whether there was a fault on the early pics that seemed to distract the eyes.

In the early one's, the left side head light scallop seems to be pointing the wrong way?

It just looked a little odd, I must have stared at it for about 5 minutes before realising.

yes it did look a little odd, but I didn't change the headlight hard point, I left the headlight rings where they were. Here's the original photo for reference. Possibly just an odd angle.

post-19198-1250452371_thumb.jpg

yes it did look a little odd, but I didn't change the headlight hard point, I left the headlight rings where they were. Here's the original photo for reference. Possibly just an odd angle.

Thanks timmm55,

Not picking again, but I believe if you look at the two originals you posted, the lower scallop

on the headlight closest to us looks it doesn't flow the way you wanted it to.

And I would be the last person to be critical of anyone's efforts

as my own photo shopping abilities are very crude to say the least.

If you look at the front guards diagonal connection to the front spoiler,

Ford has given themselves plenty of attitude to change the whole front look

with only simple changes to plastic nose and hood.....

I think the G6E could easily wear the '10 Taurus nose or even the MKR style front......

I deleted the first two. Quite frankly I'm tired of of the whole thread.

I usually listen to what people say, and take it into account, but when it becomes harping and rudeness (the guy with 25 posts who's an expert on all things forum and Fords) ........I'm done, let it evolve already!

Oh for gods sake! Your chop is THE VERY BEST LOOKING CAR IN THE WORLD!!! Is that what you wanted? *Close Queen Heaven*... I'm sorry if what I did say offended you, so there I have apologized (spelt with a 'z' so you can understand it - if that's what was meant about the comment RE my English...) So are we going to get over this misunderstanding blown out of proportion? Or are you gonna continue to act like a 5 year old?

Oh for gods sake! Your chop is THE VERY BEST LOOKING CAR IN THE WORLD!!! Is that what you wanted? *Close Queen Heaven*... I'm sorry if what I did say offended you, so there I have apologized (spelt with a 'z' so you can understand it - if that's what was meant about the comment RE my English...) So are we going to get over this misunderstanding blown out of proportion? Or are you gonna continue to act like a 5 year old?

Enough both of you.....drop it, it's over, done.

I'm tired of reading this argument and bickering.

*Close Queen Heaven*.

What does that mean? This perhaps?

http://biblelight.net/sunburst.htm

Oh for gods sake! Your chop is THE VERY BEST LOOKING CAR IN THE WORLD!!!

Why the unnecessary sarcasm?

When will you understand that I don't care if you like it? If you don't, fine. If you'd like to see something changed I may try that too. I've done collaberative efforts. Try being NICE.

I'm not new to being critiqued. I was an art and architecture major. Comments like "hit with an ugly stick" and "I'd be ashamed to think that such a design..." and using "Americanized" as a slur (BTW I'm just as proud of being an American as you are of being Australian) are not valid complaints. They are opinions and like a__holes and bellybuttons everyone has one. Without explaining why it's meaningless.

I've been drawing and painting since I was 5. I've won a scholarship to Parson's in NY. My architecture class won a 1st place design competition....with my design. I've won a few photoshop contests at C&D awhile back. I've received a few awards and an honorable mention from a major LA newspaper for my photography.

And your expertise is what exactly?

I'm sorry if what I did say offended you, so there I have apologized (spelt with a 'z' so you can understand it

Even your apology is hollow when combined with "so you can understand it." I have relatives in New Zealand. Their English and manners are excellent. My boss is British. I understand them all very well.

Or are you gonna continue to act like a 5 year old?

1) I'm 53.

2) When you can make an honest apology for your comments without denigrating me, then I'll accept it.

3) As you mentioned before, this is a FORUM. A PUBLIC forum. And if you continue to insult me, my country and my abilities then I will continue posting my responses as well.

4) Read the TOS

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

5) I did report your behaviour .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to the other good people on this forum for this continued tet-a-tet. But with every post he makes another insult/innuendo. I won't be bullied. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I integrated the MKR headlights and the Mercury God's head emblem.

And as always, if you like it.....fine. If you have an idea for improvement that's cool too. BTW I know which chops are bad....the ones no one responds to! I look back on some of them and go 'Eeeeew"! Hey someone got PAID to design the Aztek LOL.

post-19198-1250576954_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1250578836_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1250578930_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1250578954_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

Right, lets finish this...

Firstly, where did I say you had no talent?! You like putting words in others mouths don't you? Because all I said was that I didn't like the design PERSONALLY.

I am truly sorry for everything I have said. Can we PLEASE get over this now?

PS: what are the opposites of close, queen and heaven? You should get it now...