Avon Lake Plant Closing 2012?

4everblue

No...they will be building the Transit.

ya right...go ask city hall they already know its future... what the mayor said 2 years ago was and is still true....

Ford is not going to build a 80K a year selling vehicle at that huge plant...

Avon either gets the new Ranger and transitt connect or its closing.. that big van can go to KTP real quick, just look at it it looks like a Super Duty truck already.

ya right...go ask city hall they already know its future... what the mayor said 2 years ago was and is still true....

Avon either gets the new Ranger and transitt connect or its closing.. that big van can go to KTP real quick, just look at it it looks like a Super Duty truck already.

They would have to overhaul the frame because the E-Series, and the F-Series have different platforms. I was told they tried to run the E-Series there in the past back before they changed the F-Series Chasis to it's current boxed style frame, and it was unsuccessful. It doesn't matter anyway it was announced at the meeting during the contract renegotiation that the Connect would be built in Avon. However Ford has not followed through with any of their new product commitments as of yet, and OHAP has not even been given the bodyshop they were promised. The proof is in the pudding, and so far Ford is neglecting their commitments.

Will they follow through, only time will tell. All I know at this point is that there is around 334 people ILO'd in Ohio, and if Ford had followed through no one would be ILO'd at this point.

God bless you all, and I hope for your sake things start to look up. The announcement of the new diesel being built in Mexico has me a little pessimistic.

Edited by Furious1Auto

They would have to overhaul the frame because the E-Series, and the F-Series have different platforms. I was told they tried to run the E-Series there in the past back before they changed the F-Series Chasis to it's current boxed style frame, and it was unsuccessful. It doesn't matter anyway it was announced at the meeting during the contract renegotiation that the Connect would be built in Avon. However Ford has not followed through with any of their new product commitments as of yet, and OHAP has not even been given the bodyshop they were promised. The proof is in the pudding, and so far Ford is neglecting their commitments.

Will they follow through, only time will tell. All I know at this point is that there is around 334 people ILO'd in Ohio, and if Ford had followed through no one would be ILO'd at this point.

God bless you all, and I hope for your sake things start to look up. The announcement of the new diesel being built in Mexico has me a little pessimistic.

I am one of the 172 employees at OHAP that is currently on ILO. I have to agree with this post. If the company would live up to their product commitments we wouldn't have emlpoyees on ILO. As far as the Transit is concerned I don't think it will be built in OHAP. I personally think it will be built in KC. I'm hoping and praying that OHAP will EVEN have a future. Yes....only time will tell.

Edited by G-solo

do you mean Michigan Assembly instead of LAP??

excerpt from ford future lineup:

"Transit Connect: Ford will import the 2010 Transit Connect, a small delivery van sold in Europe. The FWD van is assembled in Turkey on a reinforced version of C1, the European Ford Focus platform.

Ford is expected to build the Transit Connect in North America for the 2013 model year. Assembly location likely will be in Louisville. With higher gasoline prices, Ford anticipates demand for a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient van that can be used for small-item delivery or by some tradespeople.

Econoline, Transit: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins.

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually."

Believe what you want...I'm just telling how it's gonna play out.

FYI...I don't work at LAP anymore. I work at KTP. Anyone know how to change my name to Calvin@KTP?

The only way i know of to change your name is to set up a new account.You may have to delete the first account first or it may say you already have one.

Here is the ford line up posted a number of months ago.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2...fitability.html

Here is the latest update to that article witch was posted in July of this year.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10296358-48.html

As you can see there are only minor changes to the plan but over all they are still on track.

Personaly im going to stick firmly with the plan untill there is a big enough change to where

I loose faith.

"excerpt from second most recent article"

"Transit Connect: The 2010 Transit Connect is a compact front-wheel-drive van imported from Turkey; sales began this month. The van is aimed at small-business owners. The Transit Connect is built on a reinforced version of the European Focus platform and sold in more than 55 countries.

An electric version is expected in the second quarter of 2010; production volume will be small.

U.S. production of the next-generation Transit Connect is expected for the 2013 model year, either in Wayne or Louisville. At that point, annual volume could be 50,000 to 60,000 vehicles.

Econoline, Transit: Mulally's global vehicle plan hit its first snag in February when Ford delayed its full-sized commercial-van program. That vehicle, the next generation of Ford's Transit van, will be sold around the world. U.S. sales had been slated for the 2012 model year, eventually replacing the Econoline van.

The plan is intact, but the timing has slipped. Now the North American version of the Transit, code-named V363, is expected to go into production for the 2014 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio. The Econoline could carry on for a short time after the Transit begins, but eventually it would be discontinued."

with new fuel economy standards don't see much of a future for the eseries, or other vehicles that cant get 35+MPG

Heard a information from someone at Ohio Assembly Plant that they were slated to close in 2012? Is this true?

What ? WHere did you Hear that? I DONT KNOW IF THAT IS GOING OT HAPPEN BUT YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT HAPPEN ESPECIALLY IF THE ECONOMY DOESNT TURN AROUND IF PEOPLE DONT BUY CARS AND TRUCKS THERE IS NO NEED TO BUILD THEM HOW DID YOU GET THT ERED COLOR I COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT JUST THE BIG LETTERES

Heard a information from someone at Ohio Assembly Plant that they were slated to close in 2012? Is this true?

The econoline build time is for 2016.

The transit start time is 2012 at OHAP.

Both units will be running after 2012 at ohap.

kentucky and kc plants are not slated for further

use after 2012.michigan, chicago,ohio.

will see product build after 2012.

have a nice day.

have a nice day.

being from KC... would love to know where you get your information from.

have a nice day.

I see, so you're saying Ford will close its 2 biggest plants (one of which just got a new bodyshop)??????

WHY must people always have to pull sh*t out of their ass just so they have something to say?

Hopefully ALL plants will remain open!!!!!!

I see, so you're saying Ford will close its 2 biggest plants (one of which just got a new bodyshop)??????

WHY must people always have to pull sh*t out of their ass just so they have something to say?

Hopefully ALL plants will remain open!!!!!!

Remember me, Those workers too had the largest facility in North America, they also received a major upgrade and expansion to the body shop back in 1999.

That said i hope for the same as your last sentence states.

Remember me, Those workers too had the largest facility in North America, they also received a major upgrade and expansion to the body shop back in 1999.

That said i hope for the same as your last sentence states.

KC is not closing, it will be one of the last NA locations to go if there is anymore downsizing. They have a logistical advantage over every other plant in the US. Anything is possible, but I would bet a member that this wont!