grand c-max will arrive stateside in 2011

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the Mercury target audience.

BTW: Favre had an okay game Sunday, but I don't see how he justified the contract the Vikes gave him.

I like the C-Max. I currently have a Mazda5 as a company car & like it quite a bit. If the C-Max addresses the Mazda5's shortcomings (more behind the 3rd row room, 7 seats instead of just 6, more power, 6 speed auto, etc.), I think it will do pretty well. If Ford would have had it or the S-Max in the showrooms, I would have one of those instead of this Mazda. Also, I love the sliders. Maybe I'll be able to trade the Mazda5 in on one when they show up.

IMHO - What Favre has brought to the Vikings is some confidence. As long as he doesn't make too many mistakes (Read: interceptions) & hand the ball off to AP & Harvin, I think the Vikings will win lots of games. Is he worth the money? If the Vikings win the Super Bowl, than I say hell yes. If they lose in the first round of the playoffs, I say hell no.

I like the C-Max. I currently have a Mazda5 as a company car & like it quite a bit. If the C-Max addresses the Mazda5's shortcomings (more behind the 3rd row room, 7 seats instead of just 6, more power, 6 speed auto, etc.), I think it will do pretty well. If Ford would have had it or the S-Max in the showrooms, I would have one of those instead of this Mazda. Also, I love the sliders. Maybe I'll be able to trade the Mazda5 in on one when they show up.

IMHO - What Favre has brought to the Vikings is some confidence. As long as he doesn't make too many mistakes (Read: interceptions) & hand the ball off to AP & Harvin, I think the Vikings will win lots of games. Is he worth the money? If the Vikings win the Super Bowl, than I say hell yes. If they lose in the first round of the playoffs, I say hell no.

off subject...anyone watch the Raiders get totally robbed last night by an exceptionally questionable touchdown call?

Sooooo . . . you don't think that when the Raider defense essentially went into a "prevent" defense giving up all passes up to the 10 yard range (the last two times the Chargers had the ball) -- you don't think that had anything to do with loosing? There is a saying in football something to the effect that the offense takes what the defense allows. . . then take advantage of it.

And that is exactly what they did. The Raider backers (& secondary) backed up to well beyond the first down territory and the Chargers said, "Thanks, we'll take 10 yards at a time" (basically unchallenged) . . . and marched right down the field in 10 yd (+/-) increments in 2 minutes . . . and scored to take the win. A real shame too - after that 4th down pass play to Murphy to take the lead - then just give it away.

off subject...anyone watch the Raiders get totally robbed last night by an exceptionally questionable touchdown call?

I missed that one (fell asleep). I did see the Bills give away a win to New England. Which was too bad, I like to see New England lose almost as much as seeing the Cowboys lose.

I will NEVER buy a car with sliders on it, I HATE them! I think most of my generation feels the same way, sliders+7-seats=lame minivan.

There are two vehicle types I hate, Minivans and Station Wagons (and this doesn't include Aussie UTEs since we don't have them, mercifully). Minivans are hopelessly standardized with no aspirational value and station wagons are sedans with a bigger boot.

When Ford was doing research on the Flex, they discovered that putting sliders on the rear doors would have substantially reduced the car's appeal. I'm warning you, sliders on a people hauler is a bad choice for the market they are going after and the smarter side of Ford knows this already. I'm a bit concerned by Ford's willingness to simply adopt vehicles made for other markets, this is often not a successful formula.

Do you have infants/ toddlers? Do you live in a city that allows 8ft wide parking spaces?

If you do, sliders are great. They help getting the munchkins out of their car seats much easier without banging the car next to you. Plus younger adolescents learning to be independant are better at pushing the open button of a slider than opening a car door with only 2 ft. between you and the car next to you.

The Grand C-Max looks like an Escape/ CR-V/ Rav-4 without the ride height and more mother-friendly sliders.

Am I the only one who feels the name makes absolutely no sense? Or is this just code and it will have a "real" name by the time it gets here? It simply doesn't fit into the naming/alliteration pattern Ford uses now. Not that I'm tied to the game of alliteration, but I don't get how naming it C-Max tells people what it is or how it fits in the lineup.

Right now, I really like the naming conventions...C-Max just sounds like a dumb name (to me).

And if Minnesota doesn't even make the playoffs, the Favre bet is worth every dollar. :lastyear:

I will NEVER buy a car with sliders on it, I HATE them! I think most of my generation feels the same way, sliders+7-seats=lame minivan.

I think the thing that happens with minivans is people hate them till they have one then they see how flexible they are...but I feel the same way as you do about it, though for some reason the C-Max with silders doesn't bug me as much as regular ole minivan

Am I the only one who feels the name makes absolutely no sense? Or is this just code and it will have a "real" name by the time it gets here? It simply doesn't fit into the naming/alliteration pattern Ford uses now. Not that I'm tied to the game of alliteration, but I don't get how naming it C-Max tells people what it is or how it fits in the lineup.

Right now, I really like the naming conventions...C-Max just sounds like a dumb name (to me).

And if Minnesota doesn't even make the playoffs, the Favre bet is worth every dollar. :lastyear:

Well, Brett has had some atrocious late season games lately. It seems that his outdoor numbers in the late fall and winter have plumeted precipitously as he has aged. Minnesota has an advantage there for him, a dome. He's still going to have problems when he plays in Chicago and Green Bay (if they are late season games, I don't know the schedule). One of the biggest things he has going for him in Minnesota over the Jets is an established big play running threat. This will force coverage to be a little looser from the defenses that he will face. That will definitely reduce his pressure in the pocket and cause him to make fewer risky throws. I see him as being a one or two win upgrade over Tavaris Jackson. That may make the difference for a post season spot.

Am I the only one who feels the name makes absolutely no sense?

It does...but its a bit convultued to a point.

The Focus (which the C-Max is based on) is a C Segment/size car for more info see this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_classification

So I'm assuming they get the name C-Max from it being a C segment vehicle and a MPV or Multipurpose vehicle

Farago's drunk:

Strange; I can’t find the Mazda5 on Automotive News‘ spreadsheet. OK, her name is Rio. Last month, Kia sold 6,951 units, for an eight-month, year-to-date total of 20,422. Guess how many went into rental fleets? Seriously, I don’t know. But I’m betting it was a lot (so to speak).

Yeah. That guy--he's a legitimate journalist, not a :censored: with a laptop.

Well, Brett has had some atrocious late season games lately. It seems that his outdoor numbers in the late fall and winter have plumeted precipitously as he has aged. Minnesota has an advantage there for him, a dome. He's still going to have problems when he plays in Chicago and Green Bay (if they are late season games, I don't know the schedule). One of the biggest things he has going for him in Minnesota over the Jets is an established big play running threat. This will force coverage to be a little looser from the defenses that he will face. That will definitely reduce his pressure in the pocket and cause him to make fewer risky throws. I see him as being a one or two win upgrade over Tavaris Jackson. That may make the difference for a post season spot.

You're absolutely right on those 2 points, I think, that will be the difference between his season with the Jets and this season with the Vikings. The running game requires that Brett do so much less than he had to do in Green Bay or NY. As for the weather, 1/2 the games are home and thus indoors. The Vikings are in GB on 11/1 (can be chilly, but never "cold", especially for us---we'd never describe it as cold). He's probably faced with one truly bad/cold weather game: At Chicago on 12/28. We'll see---I'd be intrigued by a first playoff game of MIN at GB! Ha ha!

You're absolutely right on those 2 points, I think, that will be the difference between his season with the Jets and this season with the Vikings. The running game requires that Brett do so much less than he had to do in Green Bay or NY. As for the weather, 1/2 the games are home and thus indoors. The Vikings are in GB on 11/1 (can be chilly, but never "cold", especially for us---we'd never describe it as cold). He's probably faced with one truly bad/cold weather game: At Chicago on 12/28. We'll see---I'd be intrigued by a first playoff game of MIN at GB! Ha ha!

I'd agree, I don't think the weather should really be an issue for him this year. He also seems to have issues with training camp. Good luck to the Vikings trying to figure out their plans for next year.

OJbUXOfHLoi771fazAElUEpLo1_400.jpg

Video from MovementDesign four minutes of highlights Frankfurt show

@2:43 mark Ford rep shows how the Grand C-Max 2nd row middle seats folds and stows

@3:20 mark good shot of the Sony radio in the Grand C-Max

Very nice. They show how the center seat folds away on the C-max.