More of what's being taught in our schools

No_Fear

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a simple song, probably taught about the time of Obama's speech. It was probably being practiced in conjunction with some other event, or maybe when teaching about our country's Presidents, and what they are, how they should be respected. It's just small kids singing. To me....this is a lot of BS about nothing....another example of right wing fear mondering. I wonder who is circulating this.

It's just a simple song, probably taught about the time of Obama's speech. It was probably being practiced in conjunction with some other event, or maybe when teaching about our country's Presidents, and what they are, how they should be respected. It's just small kids singing. To me....this is a lot of BS about nothing....another example of right wing fear mondering. I wonder who is circulating this.

It's not a simple song. It's indoctrination.

The video was reportedly shot in June, so it wouldn't have anything to do with his speech to school children.

Edited by NickF1011

A simple song, sung to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". I'm wondering if you'd have the same feelings if it were sung about former President Bush? (In case your wondering......I wouldn't approve of that either!) What matters who is circulating it.....it's happening in our schools. Kids aren't allowed to pray or say the "Pledge of Allegiance", but this kind of stuff is going on and our taxes are helping pay for it. You need to wake up!

Wow. We really need to get the context of this. If it was filmed in June, school was not in session. We don't know who these kids are or what they were preparing for. Was this something that these kids were going to perform for an event of some sort?

If this was part of a regular school program, and not some special activity, then it is completely inappropriate, regardless of the president it seems to exalt.

Wow. We really need to get the context of this. If it was filmed in June, school was not in session. We don't know who these kids are or what they were preparing for. Was this something that these kids were going to perform for an event of some sort?

If this was part of a regular school program, and not some special activity, then it is completely inappropriate, regardless of the president it seems to exalt.

There are many schools that do not close for summer vacation until the middle of June.

My grandkids go to a state supported pre school....where they say prayers in a group....which their parents are opposed to....but they don't say anything because they know it doesn't mean anything, and wont hurt the kids. It's just one of those things in our society we have to put up with...even if our freedoms are being trampled on a bit. The kids will easily outgrow that well meaning attempt to brain wash. So their parents aren't overly concerned.

If the intent of that class room singing praise for Obama is what some of you seem to think it is....I'm against it also....but I doubt it is. if you knew all the facts, I bet you would find it is some innocent singing. Just some teachers getting small children to so some stuff the kids like to do. The same way I look as the time wasted saying some prayers in a pre school. NO big deal!!!

BTW....I do think kids should say the pledge of allegiance....starting early.

Edited by Ralph Greene

My grandkids go to a state supported pre school....where they say prayers in a group....which their parents are opposed to....but they don't say anything because they know it doesn't mean anything, and wont hurt the kids. It's just one of those things in our society we have to put up with...even if our freedoms are being trampled on a bit. The kids will easily outgrow that well meaning attempt to brain wash. So their parents aren't overly concerned.

If the intent of that class room singing praise for Obama is what some of you seem to think it is....I'm against it also....but I doubt it is. if you knew all the facts, I bet you would find it is some innocent singing. Just some teachers getting small children to so some stuff the kids like to do. The same way I look as the time wasted saying some prayers in a pre school. NO big deal!!!

We shouldn't be willing to put up with our freedoms being trampled on...even "just a bit".

Can't buy it. I don't remember signing this sort of song in elementary school about Presidents Nixon or Ford. Or even the Governor of Pennsylvania. The simple fact is that this song crosses the line - if anything, it's creepy - and one doesn't have to be a Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh fan to see that.

Pre-school is an entirely different animal...attendance at pre-school is not compulsory, and, in Pennsylvania, at least, parents can choose the pre-school that their children will attend. It's not comparable to what the video shows.

Edited by grbeck

Litte more info: The school superintendant claims the song was performed in February as part of Black History Month. The creator of the video apparently insists it was shot in June and that the kids made up the words themselves (ha ha ha -- riiiiiiiiiiight).

I guess we can just let the kids skip school and go straight to song-writing jobs on Broadway or in Hollywood...

if you knew all the facts, I bet you would find it is some innocent singing. Just some teachers getting small children to so some stuff the kids like to do. The same way I look as the time wasted saying some prayers in a pre school. NO big deal!!!

If you walked up to most (if not all) teachers and said, "I'm going to lead the class in pledge of allegiance", or said "I'd like to lead the class in a public prayer", you'd be reminded that it's illegal.

However, apparently when a school (not just one teacher) leads a class in...........

“Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red, yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight…”

“Barack Hussein Obama. He said Red, yellow, black or white all are equal in his sight…”

.....that's ok.

I would not call that "innocent", unless you can come up with a scenario where kids need a chant like this in order to learn any of the three R's.

Hell, I'd challenge anyone to come up with that. Give me ANY REASON to believe that this chant has educational value, or even civic virtue!

Edited by RangerM

If you walked up to most (if not all) teachers and said, "I'm going to lead the class in pledge of allegiance", or said "I'd like to lead the class in a public prayer", you'd be reminded that it's illegal.

However, apparently when a school (not just one teacher) leads a class in...........

“Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red, yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight…”

“Barack Hussein Obama. He said Red, yellow, black or white all are equal in his sight…”

.....that's ok.

I would not call that "innocent", unless you can come up with a scenario where kids need a chant like this in order to learn any of the three R's.

Hell, I'd challenge anyone to come up with that. Give me ANY REASON to believe that this chant has educational value, or even civic virtue!

No idolizing living presidents or ex presidents in our public government paid for schools. Lincoln would have been an excellent choice. If I was there and they were singing about George Bush I would not like it.

Peace and Blessings

It's not a simple song. It's indoctrination.

The video was reportedly shot in June, so it wouldn't have anything to do with his speech to school children.

Nick is correct. Insert George W. Bush in the lyrics instead of BO and see what the libs would do. It would clearly be indoctrination in their eyes.

Edited by DUCKRACER

Yeah because kids would never be told to sing to George W. Bush, Or would they?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/f...b_n_300372.html

I'm not going to defend the Bush thing, except that to equate this.....

Mmm, mmm, mmm, Barack Hussein Obama

He said all should lend a hand to make the country strong again

He said we must be fair today, equal work means equal pay.

He said take a stand, make sure everyone gets a chance

He said red, yellow, black and white, all are equal in his sight

Yeah! Barack Hussein Obama

…Hello Mr. President, We honor you today

For all your great accomplishments, we all do say hooray

Hooray, Mr. President you are No. 1

The first black American to lead this nation

.....to this.....

Our country's stood beside us

People have sent us aid.

Katrina could not stop us,

our hopes will never fade.

Congress, Bush and FEMA

People across our land

Together have come to rebuild us

and we join them hand-in-hand!

.....is one heck of a stretch.

All this talk about the pledge of allegiance reminds me of the Texas pledge I refused to say when I was in school. No, I'm not kidding. I got in a lot of trouble for not saying it too. Then my fathers lawyers got involved and it turned into a huge controversy. I even got interviewed by local news. They asked me if I knew what the Texas pledge stood for. I replied "I don't know. Are we going war with Pennsylvania?"

Yeah because kids would never be told to sing to George W. Bush, Or would they?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/f...b_n_300372.html

They're both creepy, but there is still a considerable difference between singing the President's praises at the White House during an event (the annual Easter Egg roll), and singing his praises at an assembly in a PUBLIC school.