Ford 525

rmc523

As posted in another thread:

525-2.jpg

The Ford 525, named after it's 525-hp 5.0L V8. Built off a variation of the GRWD platform, it'd be a 2 seat convertible and coupe (see top right corner for it's general shape). I'm not sure if it'd be a hardtop vert or not, but I think I'm leaning that direction.

What do you all think of it? (sorry about the slightly tilted image)

I like it quite a bit! Can you make it a lincoln or Merc though? And can you stray a bit from the Taurus styling(Not a lot, just a bit)?

This one, no....I intented it to be a Ford. Making it a L/M would require redesigning it. I've posted other Lincoln 'verts before, like this one:

mkc-12.jpg

And I intentionally gave it Taurus-type styling.

This one, no....I intented it to be a Ford. Making it a L/M would require redesigning it. I've posted other Lincoln 'verts before, like this one:

mkc-12.jpg

And I intentionally gave it Taurus-type styling.

Looks very nice, but it looks FWD, as the front wheels are too close to the A pillar — you draw everything that way. Here's a re-adjust. I also pulled the front overhang back as far as possible.

post-14440-1257564249_thumb.jpg

Looks very nice, but it looks FWD, as the front wheels are too close to the A pillar — you draw everything that way. Here's a re-adjust. I also pulled the front overhang back as far as possible.

post-14440-1257564249_thumb.jpg

I have actually been looking at this one and how bad the overhangs are on it.

And you've not seen my other, better stuff, these are ones I've done to post on here - the other ones (which are better at what you're describing) I'm not ready/willing to post yet, if I ever post them.

Maybe this one's better for you?

455i2.jpg

RMC — you do nice stuff, and your "eye" is developing. All I wanted to do was point out the front wheel-to-A-pillar distance. It makes such a difference, IMHO. Next in importance is minimal front overhang. BMW's 3 series shows how much BMW is aware of it. The current Mustang is also very good. The last generation Camaro or the MK VI/VII/VIII is at the other end of the spectrum.

When designing wheel openings, IMHO, it is important to remain "real world": the tire has width, the front wheels turn and the suspension has jounce, and the tire moves up, into the fender. And I hate 30-series tires.

I intend to start doing some as soon as I get a pen and tablet, but that's going to be a little while, money's tight, right now.

I use Corel Photo-Paint 10, or Painter 6. I see that torrents of Painter 11 are available, but FWIW. 6 is fine for cars.

Check out http://www.cgsociety.org/

Here's a caricature of Eddie Van Halen done in Painter

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3606