MKS Top Ten Clunker to Avoid

colonel26

for my computer, that site has more problems any car they list imho ;) -- the "in depth" link doesn't even work -- don't actually see them say ANYTHING about the MKS, just mention it's name

IF they really do list any problems,

would someone please cut'n'paste the pertinent text?

The car hasn't been on the road long enough to get an accurate report. Consumer reports is crap anyway but that's neither hear nor there. Typically people will only report on problems with the car and I haven't seen many on the road which leads me to believe that sales are weak on the MKS. Low sales + people who only report problems = false reliability readouts. We'll see in a couple of year especially since it's also the taurus there should be plenty to get the truth. And I'm not biased because I like ford..my car is at the dealer for the 4th time right now trying to get the same issue fixed.

It's ONLY on the list because it's pricier to repair...the whole point of the article is to point out cars that have higher repair costs, regardless of showing people how often the car needs the repairs. It's a new model, that is only shared with one other (Taurus) and it's all new, so of course parts and repair costs might be higher.

But to call the list a "clunker" list is definitely biased and misleading. It suggests the car is a lemon, which it is NOT.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
On 11/13/2009 at 9:25 PM, colonel26 said:

Forbes named the MKS as one of their top ten clunkers to avoid.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/11/clunker-c...s-clunkers.html

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/11/clunker-c...thisspeed=25000

I was looking at purchasing one mid 2010 too. Anyone had problems with theirs?

Sunroof leaks and eventual failure, new headliners is $2,000 new Sunroof at least $3,000. For a car that booked over $50K new "AWD Ecoboost" this is unacceptable. The car runs great but the issues with the sunroof and water getting into the doors make it the top 10 pieces of garbage on the road IMO.

Edited by Eeyorewolf

5 minutes ago, Eeyorewolf said:

Sunroof leaks and eventual failure, new headliners is $2,000 new Sunroof at least $3,000. For a car that booked over $50K new "AWD Ecoboost" this is unacceptable. The car runs great but the issues with the sunroof and water getting into the doors make it the top 10 pieces of garbage on the road IMO.

You dug up a 10+ year old thread?

HRG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3