TESPHE IS LEAVING FIDELITY INVESTMENTS!!

4everblue

Is this the start of Ford's vengeance on the UAW hourly employees?

No, this has been in the works for a long time. I believe benefits going through the NESC were also going to change by the end of the year. I might be wrong but I thought that benefits were going to be handled somehow by fidelity.

Purpose of this Communication

Later today, Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) of Dallas, Texas, will announce that Ford has contracted with them to provide administration services for our Company's benefits in the U.S. beginning in 2010. Please read the information below for details related to this change in benefit administration.

Background

To assure that salaried and hourly active employees, retirees, surviving spouses and their dependents receive a high level of customer service and superior benefits administration,

Ford Motor Company has chosen ACS to administer health care, pensions, savings plans, and call center operations.

In choosing to partner with ACS, Ford is assuring that our benefits will be administered by a company with a deep understanding of and commitment to employees' and retirees' benefits needs. ACS is committed to improving the way we access and administer benefits and to aligning itself with Ford's values and people-focused services. This transition will begin in December 2009 and continue through 2010.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ACS Awarded Total Benefits Administration Contract

by Ford Motor Company

ACS to Provide One-Stop Services to Ford Employees, Retirees

DALLAS: October 8, 2009 – Global automotive industry leader Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) has selected Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. (NYSE: ACS) to provide a full spectrum of total benefits administration services to employee and retiree participants.

Under the new contract with Ford, which was reflected in ACS' fourth quarter fiscal year 2009 results, ACS will provide the administration of health and welfare, pension, and savings plans. These services are deployed through ACS’ Call Center operations and innovative Web portal, the foundation for an integrated, one-stop experience for all Ford participants. The self-service Website is easy-to-use and provides participants accessible information that integrates Ford’s benefit information, vendor partners, and benefit program information in an engaging and participant-focused tool.

The Web portal builds upon the convergence of health and wealth benefits in the marketplace and the desire to control costs. As a result, Ford’s partnership with ACS will enable it to transform the delivery of benefit administration services to its employees and retirees by providing information to participants to help them better manage their health and wealth decisions.

“This new partnership represents our commitment to providing Ford innovation in technology, tools and processes and delivering total benefits services.” said Ann Vezina, executive vice president and group president of ACS Enterprise Solutions & Services. “As a proven market leader with significant expertise in the benefits space, ACS will enable Ford to build further value for its employees and retirees.”

In addition, ACS will be investing in the southeastern Michigan community by establishing a customer care center in Allen Park, Michigan to support its benefit administration offerings.

“With the significant investments ACS has made in its benefits services and delivery teams, we can showcase a new level of technology that fuses innovation and functionality, providing Ford participants easy and secure access to their benefits administration,” said Vezina. “Because ACS offers a complete portfolio of human capital management services, we can potentially integrate other services such as learning and consulting seamlessly.”

ACS Human Capital Management Solutions cover the entire spectrum of the human resources function and its services are provided to more than 4 million employees and retirees in more than 80 countries worldwide in 20 languages. ACS’ breadth of comprehensive HR business process offerings includes HR services, total benefits services, and learning management services. ACS’ services are further differentiated by the HR consulting and advisory services offered by its subsidiary, Buck Consultants.

About ACS

ACS, a global FORTUNE 500 company with approximately 74,000 people supporting client operations reaching more than 100 countries, provides business process and information technology solutions to world-class commercial and government clients. The company's Class A common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "ACS." Learn more about ACS at www.acs-inc.com.

“Safe Harbor” Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Affiliated Computer Services' business which are not historical facts are “forward-looking statements” that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see “Risk Factors” in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.

how r loans affected??

According to the letter that was sent to me about this whole changeover situation, it says that Fidelity will not process any loan repayments after December 31st at 4:00 p.m.. You will receive coupons in the mail from ACS sometime in January 2010 to remit payments.

I find it comforting that right on the home page for ACS Inc. it states they are "Global Leaders in Business Process, OUTSOURCING, and IT Services. I guess our investments will be handled by some nice folks in INDIA soon. Very Nice!

What I didn't understand was the part about consolidating all our benefits including health care?

What I didn't understand was the part about consolidating all our benefits including health care?

it is my understanding that our health insurance is funded by ford. in other words humana or bcbs just administers the plan. ford doesnt actually buy a policy,they just pay the bills and the insurance companies administrate it .ford doesnt pay premiums,in other words,they pay the dr. bills and pay the insurance company a fee for handling the paperwork basically. if i am wrong on this i am sure someone else will point that out lol.

it is my understanding that our health insurance is funded by ford. in other words humana or bcbs just administers the plan. ford doesnt actually buy a policy,they just pay the bills and the insurance companies administrate it .ford doesnt pay premiums,in other words,they pay the dr. bills and pay the insurance company a fee for handling the paperwork basically. if i am wrong on this i am sure someone else will point that out lol.

The national agreement commits to the benefit you are entitled to. It does not specify how or who administers the benefit.