Cougar

timmm55

Sure

BTW I originally did this one (pre-color change tho) WITH hidden headlights. But, with the Eliminator, I made more of a semi- transparent "under glass" look. There aren't any hidden headlights anymore that I can think of. Mostly due to cost, weight and added complexity.

I would love for hidden headlights to come back. Cars look so much better with them. If a car's grill/front end DO mimic a human "face"........then Ray-Ban sunglasses are a lot cooler than Bug-eyes!

cougarOamericaR.jpg

THANKS!! Wrap it up. I'll take it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure

BTW I originally did this one (pre-color change tho) WITH hidden headlights. But, with the Eliminator, I made more of a semi- transparent "under glass" look. There aren't any hidden headlights anymore that I can think of. Mostly due to cost, weight and added complexity.

I would love for hidden headlights to come back. Cars look so much better with them. If a car's grill/front end DO mimic a human "face"........then Ray-Ban sunglasses are a lot cooler than Bug-eyes!

cougarOamericaR.jpg

I LOVE that Tim, awesome work! It's subtle, simple/nothing flashy and elegant because of that - my favorite type of styling.

Edited by rmc523

Yes, that is probably true. But I had imagined using the convertible glass with the rear quarter windows with a new fixed roof. Structually I don't know if they can work around the current top hat. Hey it's just a photoshop, I know it's not happening this time around. I can dream, can't I? !

That's pretty much the way the first Hard Tops were built in the early 1950's. They started with convertibles and attached fixed roofs.The prices commanded by the new body style offset the cost of using the more expensive convertible frames for added strength due to the loss of the B-pillar. A Mustang convertible body would be a great jumping off point for a new Cougar.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Mercury is dead. Long live Mercury!

Please turn your talents to a T-bird based on the Mustang - a little longer, a bit wider, some retro styling cues but not too many.

Since there was a Ford Cougar in Europe (99-02 ?) it would still fit into the One Ford strategy. (I'm the eternal optimist LOL)