Louisville, Ky., Ford plant to build Explorer one more year

jrboatin

This is true.I am ILO from this plant and attended a meeting last weekand was told that we are to build the Explorer until Nov. of next year.There is speculation that we may shut down sooner to re-tool for the Kouga.Maybe around mid summer.Chicago assembly will produce a Unibody Explorer that is scheduled to be built around early summer.

http://www.freep.com/article/20091119/BUSI...r-one-more-year

Ford Motor Co.’s Louisville Assembly Plant will make its last Explorer a year from now when the plant shuts down for a renovation to rig it for production of fuel-efficient vehicles, plant manager Ken Minielly said today

hope the no vote don't change things.

Edited by CandyCane

the Kuga is a great looking small SUV. We ran several bodys through the paint shop at KCAP about 18 months ago. I haven't seen one with the trim in it except on the internet but the body is very nice looking. I wish all of you at LAP the best when it comes to building it. You will probably be down around 6-9 months for re-tooling. I hope your union reps are fighting for as much work as possible to at least keep the skilled trades employeed during this time. Should be able to put on COEs as well to keep additoinal heads in the facility while it is being reworked. Good Luck.

hope the no vote don't change things.

Wow, get over the no vote thing....members spoke now shut the fk up....explorer goes to a uni-body for 2011, It will be built in Chicago. I imagine they have orders that they will be filling for the old explorer at least that long, will have nothing to do with the vote!