Contract Violation or Inmates Running The Asylum??

Mercury09

According to the 07 ratification, welder repair is supposed to be red-lined at BSP with no re-population, no training of any kind, and no new work of any kind.

We just recently ILO'd or put back into production: 9 electricians, 7 machine repair, amongst the many in ER and MR already on TLO, and now I hear that the plant manager sent welder repair to "robot training" in Dearborn and training at the plant itself. I know alot of those guys, in MR and ER, and no one can believe this is happening.

I know of a welder repairman in metal assembly taking care of a line that has absolutely no welding equipment in it. How can he also go into a panel that I was told only ER can go into??? What happened to the lines of demarcation, or are there none?

I thought supervisors were to supervise, not do actual work....I see supervisors manipulating equipment...I am all for keeping the lines running, but when a line breaks down, I thought your are to call in a qualified tradesmen? Seems like everybody can do what the F*** they want, without regards to Health, Safety, or our Contract?

How can the union allow the displacement of uaw, card-carrying journeymen, over workers that have simply 8 years "experience"..with no journeymens card? I can see someone getting hurt. It just scares me to think that the equipment I have to work on is not being maintained by the people that are truly qualified to work on it. Hell, I cant even get gloves!

Look...I dont want to see anyone lose their job, but it is ridiculous what this place is doing. When ER and MR got put back into production, no one in production was to get ILO'd... one week later...now the plant is going one for one, with production out the door on ILO....one was a co-worker and good friend with 2 small kids...yeah, Merry F'n Christmas! What am I paying dues for? I still believe in the union, but do they believe in us...seems like we are on our own here.

Before anybody says anything... our local reps have been notified of these incidences, and as of yet, nothing has been done to correct this bullshit which has been going on for awhile.

Is this not a total violation of our contract? Health and Safety?? Is this commonplace amongst other plants? Or is it just here at BSP?

Thank you for letting me vent!!

According to the 07 ratification, welder repair is supposed to be red-lined at BSP with no re-population, no training of any kind, and no new work of any kind.

We just recently ILO'd or put back into production: 9 electricians, 7 machine repair, amongst the many in ER and MR already on TLO, and now I hear that the plant manager sent welder repair to "robot training" in Dearborn and training at the plant itself. I know alot of those guys, in MR and ER, and no one can believe this is happening.

I know of a welder repairman in metal assembly taking care of a line that has absolutely no welding equipment in it. How can he also go into a panel that I was told only ER can go into??? What happened to the lines of demarcation, or are there none?

I thought supervisors were to supervise, not do actual work....I see supervisors manipulating equipment...I am all for keeping the lines running, but when a line breaks down, I thought your are to call in a qualified tradesmen? Seems like everybody can do what the F*** they want, without regards to Health, Safety, or our Contract?

How can the union allow the displacement of uaw, card-carrying journeymen, over workers that have simply 8 years "experience"..with no journeymens card? I can see someone getting hurt. It just scares me to think that the equipment I have to work on is not being maintained by the people that are truly qualified to work on it. Hell, I cant even get gloves!

Look...I dont want to see anyone lose their job, but it is ridiculous what this place is doing. When ER and MR got put back into production, no one in production was to get ILO'd... one week later...now the plant is going one for one, with production out the door on ILO....one was a co-worker and good friend with 2 small kids...yeah, Merry F'n Christmas! What am I paying dues for? I still believe in the union, but do they believe in us...seems like we are on our own here.

Before anybody says anything... our local reps have been notified of these incidences, and as of yet, nothing has been done to correct this bullshit which has been going on for awhile.

Is this not a total violation of our contract? Health and Safety?? Is this commonplace amongst other plants? Or is it just here at BSP?

Edited by Captain723

Go ahead and vent, some of the things that OUR UNION lets the COMPANY get away with makes you wonder who's side they're really on!!

Go ahead and vent, some of the things that OUR UNION lets the COMPANY get away with makes you wonder who's side they're really on!!
The person with the 8yrs. experience is probably the better tradesman. The u.a.w. journeyman card isn't worth the paper it's printed on.I have had it proven to me that you could get a journeyman's card without spending a lot of time in the trade.If you hold a trade classification for 8or more years and have spent the eight years in union office shazam,you can apply for and receive a card.We all know how that works.

The person with the 8yrs. experience is probably the better tradesman. The u.a.w. journeyman card isn't worth the paper it's printed on.I have had it proven to me that you could get a journeyman's card without spending a lot of time in the trade.If you hold a trade classification for 8or more years and have spent the eight years in union office shazam,you can apply for and receive a card.We all know how that works.

Just go away.

We just recently ILO'd or put back into production: 9 electricians, 7 machine repair, amongst the many in ER and MR already on TLO, and now I hear that the plant manager sent welder repair to "robot training" in Dearborn and training at the plant itself.

You stated that "WE" just ILO'd or put back into production 9 electricians. Which plant is "WE"? The reason I am asking is KCAP has numerous shortfalls in the electrician classification and the company continues to tell the union that there are none on ILO or in JSP. As always it wouldn't suprise me if the company isn't being honest though.

You stated that "WE" just ILO'd or put back into production 9 electricians. Which plant is "WE"? The reason I am asking is KCAP has numerous shortfalls in the electrician classification and the company continues to tell the union that there are none on ILO or in JSP. As always it wouldn't suprise me if the company isn't being honest though.

I am referring to Buffalo Stamping

Have people got in under false pretenses? I am sure they have.

Is it very widespread? Hardly.

Please tell me that you are kidding about the comparison. If not, you are plain ignorant as to what trades do compared to WFR.

WFR are not tradesman. They have no particular skill.

Educate yourself please.