Does your plant use time clocks ?

I heard that they were going to use the turnstiles to keep track of who leaves the plant and how often. I understand that this especially applies to the skilled trades.

They can keep track of you coming in, but not going out, unless they start requiring a card swipe to exit which is unlikely since the purpose of the turnstiles is to provide safety inside the gates, not outside. Funny how this stuff always leads back to maintenance and how the company is getting ready to start busting them. Heard this rumor in my plant about 100 times now. Never has, never will happen.

No clock at CHSP, but they use the turnstyles to find out whose supervisors are not paying attention to lates. Per the contract they cannot use them to discipline hourly, but they CAN discipline salary so they are leaning on the salary folks to get them to enforce lates. All good as far as I am concerned. :bandance:

No clock at CHSP, but they use the turnstyles to find out whose supervisors are not paying attention to lates. Per the contract they cannot use them to discipline hourly, but they CAN discipline salary so they are leaning on the salary folks to get them to enforce lates. All good as far as I am concerned. :bandance:

same here at AAP

I have no idea why they stopped using time clocks or some other electronic method. In most plants the trades leave early every day. If they work 4 over there gone in two. On Sat most dont even put in 6 but get paid 12 hrs. I think they need to re-install them to really piss people off. Can you tell I'm one of those people that dont get to go home early Its a shame alot of people think its a right that they have obtained to cheat the company.

Oh by the way no clocks at Edison and soon none at Wixom.

I have no idea why they stopped using time clocks or some other electronic method. In most plants the trades leave early every day. If they work 4 over there gone in two. On Sat most dont even put in 6 but get paid 12 hrs. I think they need to re-install them to really piss people off. Can you tell I'm one of those people that dont get to go home early Its a shame alot of people think its a right that they have obtained to cheat the company.

Oh by the way no clocks at Edison and soon none at Wixom.

man you sound pissed! dont blame the trades for making there on conditions management

must do their job.

No clocks at NMPDC (Pilot Plant) Same going on with the supervisors, leaning on them to make sure people are there on time. Still have alot of people who think it is way more important to go out to the driving range and hit a bucket on company time, or take a long break and throw back a couple of cold ones. Alot of good supervisors who let you go out and do your job are going to lose thiers cause some screw up who takes advantage of a supervisors trust hung him out to dry. I haven't been with Ford very long, but nothing angers me more when I see a guy whining cause he has to stay on the job for the same ammount of hours he is getting paid. There are plenty of supervisors who are not putting up with any crap and writing up people who are late. Wake up people, it's thier jobs now! Get your ass to work on time, be productive, and this whole thing will work. Don't get me wrong, we are not the only problem. We are not building alot of cars that people want to buy. But we need to take care of what we can control. And this is not to say we are all screw-up, but I bet you can go down the list and pick them out in your plant. A point can be made to a guy when 4 or 5 guys in his department let him know how bad he is screwing up. Lets fix this thing between us, and we will move forward.

No clocks at NMPDC (Pilot Plant) Same going on with the supervisors, leaning on them to make sure people are there on time. Still have alot of people who think it is way more important to go out to the driving range and hit a bucket on company time, or take a long break and throw back a couple of cold ones. Alot of good supervisors who let you go out and do your job are going to lose thiers cause some screw up who takes advantage of a supervisors trust hung him out to dry. I haven't been with Ford very long, but nothing angers me more when I see a guy whining cause he has to stay on the job for the same ammount of hours he is getting paid. There are plenty of supervisors who are not putting up with any crap and writing up people who are late. Wake up people, it's thier jobs now! Get your ass to work on time, be productive, and this whole thing will work. Don't get me wrong, we are not the only problem. We are not building alot of cars that people want to buy. But we need to take care of what we can control. And this is not to say we are all screw-up, but I bet you can go down the list and pick them out in your plant. A point can be made to a guy when 4 or 5 guys in his department let him know how bad he is screwing up. Lets fix this thing between us, and we will move forward.

NMPDC stands for New Mexico Parts Dist center? Pilot Plant? FCSD? HMMMMMM!!!! clarify NMPDC please.

I was going to write something about Honor. Everyday people leave early (cheat the company/steal) cost us money. Where do they get the idea that it is ok or their right to so. To blame the supervisors is nonsence. These people have very low morals and I cant possibly trust someone who steals from me/us every day.

They need to give them a week off to think about it. Management needs to give these people enough work to keep them busy for the time that they are being paid. Its BS when they say that if the trades are sitting then were making money. THAT IS NOT TRUE.

To all VETS a big THANK YOU.

I guess you are making money when the line is down?

Of course!

From now on I'll take my time to get the line back up and running, since Ford obviously makes more money when the line's stopped and there's 30 people standing around and waiting while I'm off on a part "scavenger hunt" while I'm being "kept busy". When they have to wait "15 minutes" instead of "15 seconds" for me to get to the breakdown, Ford should be REALLY making money hand over fist then...

This would be the scene....

:runaway: :shrug: :runaway::cry::runaway:

Curious, is "Butthead" a given name, or did you choose it for yourself? :doh:

Edited by OAC_Sparky

I think your missing the point. I am skilled trade, and I do believe that when I am not busy that Ford is making money. Henry said that himself. But that doesn't mean I can go off site and get my shopping done on company time, or take a long lunch, or moonlight on Ford's time. I need to be there for the next breakdown, or maybe doing a PM on a piece of equipment, SOMETHING other than what has been going on in our plant and all the other plants in the Ford system. Don't think for one second that Ford wouldn't love to replace us with a service that wouldn't require them to keep a full time maintenance staff on hand. We are killing our own jobs when we pull that crap. Be to work on time, do your job, and go home when the shift ends, and maybe we can keep our great paying jobs and benifets. If not, we will all be working in job shops, sweating our asses off for half the pay, dispicable health insurance, and no say in our own health and safety. Wake up!