-7C Global Cooling in UK this weekend causes a Focus fire risk recall

Makes one wonder why it was called Greenland...scientists just ignore that it was green when the Vikings were around.

I can't imagine what kind of anti-intellectualism leads people to say "Oh these people who devote their entire careers to studying a topic are completely wrong because of something I heard on talk radio."

Care to guess where this is?

The same places that were green then, are green now - which is to say, some of the coastal areas on the south west.

Viking Explorations

Ice cores from Greenland's ice sheet show hundreds of thousands of years of history. That ice sheet isn't a few hundred years old.

I've heard speculation that global warming might re-route the flow of warm water through the atlantic, which would turn England into Greenland.

LOL :hysterical: Only evidence of Global Warming here is huge taxes and not much else. All the revenue gets spent elsewhere by pickpocket idiot Brown. All our brave guys fighting in the Gulf & Afghanistan might be getting a nice Christmas present from Gordon Brown next week they might end on the dole queue as he announces savage cutbacks next week in the armed forces, but knowing spineless Brown is it wont make him look to good at climate change summits or before a general election so it will get left as late as possible.

Hitler wanted to stop the North Atlantic Drift and failed, it was all hot air just like global warming. 70's Global Cooling, then we got Ozone holes in the 90's they said we would all be fried, now we are going be under 20ft water with global warming by the end of the decade, now its gonna happen when we are all dead but tax you now for it, gotta say l can't take anymore stress lies and taxes :hysterical:

Last 3 summers have been wettest & coldest summer for a while, 2010 might might be hot and dry for a change but what ever the weather no doubt it will be all our fault and will raped with more new bigger Global WarmingTAX TAX TAXS.

Only real thing that will get us closer to Greenland is a true fact that Englands land surface is sinking 3mm a year Scotland land surface is rising a 3mm out of the sea so we will all be living in Scotland nearer to Greenland anyway. Can't say we will be to happy moving up with those tight fisted Jocks, still it has its benefits you will be further away from the France & the French. Might take some time though can't say that l will ever see it happen.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Makes one wonder why it was called Greenland...scientists just ignore that it was green when the Vikings were around.

The coastal areas have always been green. Greenland isn't much different from Alaska in terms of climate; arctic cold winters and cool/mild summers. Early explorers would have seen the coast first, which is typically green, hence the name Greenland.

The capital Nuuk in the summer

main_street_nuuk_greenland_photo_karsten_bidstrup_greenland_tourism.jpg

aerial_view_nuuk_greenland_photo_signe_vest_greenland_tourism.jpg

I can't imagine what kind of anti-intellectualism leads people to say "Oh these people who devote their entire careers to studying a topic are completely wrong because of something I heard on talk radio."

We call them politicians. Every doctor I talk to says Obamacare will hurt patients in the long run but Pelosi-Reid-Obama, *somehow* know better!

The Earth may be inching up a degree or two.... even though I don't think Americans are the cause.

I heard an explantion once that the severe cooling, in some places, is a result of the Earth's temparature regulation process trying to work.

Edited by joihan777

Care to guess where this is?

The same places that were green then, are green now - which is to say, some of the coastal areas on the south west.

Viking Explorations

Ice cores from Greenland's ice sheet show hundreds of thousands of years of history. That ice sheet isn't a few hundred years old.

Thanks, it's AMAZING how ignorant people are these days...

I guess if Rush or Beck say it than it must be true.. :rolleyes:

Yet we're expecting automobiles to shoulder the bulk of criticism in MMGW.

It's a way of involving the population in the debate.

Here lies the voice of reason:

Make all power plants Nuclear/Hydro Eletric/Wind power/Wave power whatever and the CO2 is halved.

In the meantime start convert major CO2 emitters by sequestration of CO2 deep under ground.

It could be done within a generation, you don't need talk fests - it just takes the will to do it.

Edited by jpd80

Greenland (Danish: Grønland; Kalaallisut: Kalaallit Nunaat, meaning "Land of the people"

"Grønland" translates from Danish as "Greenland".

"Kalaallit Nunaat" is from the native Eskimo-Aluet language and makes perfect sense that it translates to "Land of the people".

I'm not taking sides in this. I just wanted to clarify your post.

I've heard speculation that global warming might re-route the flow of warm water through the atlantic, which would turn England into Greenland.

It's happened in the past. I don't know it it has lasted more than just a few years. Not long enough to form glaciers.

I idea that global warming will cause it to happen again is just a theory.

It's the idea that any change will have disastrous and worst possible results.

"Kalaallit Nunaat" is from the native Eskimo-Aluet language and makes perfect sense that it translates to "Land of the people".

It's a quote from Wiki. Thanks for explaining "Kalaallit Nunaat"

I was hoping that "Grønland" meant something different than just Greenland in danish but it doesn't.

with glbal warming, why would those in North America care?

North Americans actually stand to benefit by improved weather. Less fuel used for heating. Greater crop yields and so forth.

Ask any of these Al Gore types what the warmer will look like in Canada and the US and they will back it up.

with glbal warming, why would those in North America care?

North Americans actually stand to benefit by improved weather. Less fuel used for heating. Greater crop yields and so forth.

Ask any of these Al Gore types what the warmer will look like in Canada and the US and they will back it up.

well we just broke records here in western Canada. -37C in the city of Edmonton this weekend. -46C out of town... brrrr... The Fusion still fired up... barely... and no, I can't plug my car in at night. They say global warming causes greater temperature extremes. Who knows. But then again, it's gotten this cold in the past. I do believe we are affecting the climate. To the extremes that scientists claim, I am still on the fence.