Toyota Exec Is Frustrated at Negative Media

ANTAUS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as if Toyota has had recalls for 4.2 million different defects in recent months.

As a loyal Ford Motor owner, the newest being a 2010 Milan, I am thoroughly enjoying the recalls going on with Toyota. My wife and her family have always had the inferior foreign rides never ever giving the USA a chance.

My wife has a Honda CRV 2007. This vehicle is grossly underpowered, little 4 banger, no storage space, no console (just a shelf between the seats) and it's a Top Draw EX model! Go-cart like steering and seats that are not all that comfortable on long trips. If this vehicle had a Blue oval logo on it she would think that the car is crap but because it has the big "H" on the steering wheel it's a great car!

The rest of her family all own Toyotas, Matrix, Camrys, etc....They thought I was nuts and told me so that I would touch an American car. Whenever their cars have gone in for service it's no big deal, but something goes wrong on a domestic vehicle, they are not made right.

I very gently reminded them of the fact that the more that you support sub-par foriegn brands, people in this country will loose there job. Hell, I even lost mine at one point last year.

While I hate having government in my life, one thing that I feel should be done is to impose a 50% tax on the Toyota/Hondas and then let's see how much they sell of it.

I think that Toyata is getting their Just Reward for being so Smug and Cocky.

As a loyal Ford Motor owner, the newest being a 2010 Milan, I am thoroughly enjoying the recalls going on with Toyota. My wife and her family have always had the inferior foreign rides never ever giving the USA a chance.

My wife has a Honda CRV 2007. This vehicle is grossly underpowered, little 4 banger, no storage space, no console (just a shelf between the seats) and it's a Top Draw EX model! Go-cart like steering and seats that are not all that comfortable on long trips. If this vehicle had a Blue oval logo on it she would think that the car is crap but because it has the big "H" on the steering wheel it's a great car!

The rest of her family all own Toyotas, Matrix, Camrys, etc....They thought I was nuts and told me so that I would touch an American car. Whenever their cars have gone in for service it's no big deal, but something goes wrong on a domestic vehicle, they are not made right.

I very gently reminded them of the fact that the more that you support sub-par foriegn brands, people in this country will loose there job. Hell, I even lost mine at one point last year.

While I hate having government in my life, one thing that I feel should be done is to impose a 50% tax on the Toyota/Hondas and then let's see how much they sell of it.

I think that Toyata is getting their Just Reward for being so Smug and Cocky.

Sounds like family parties are a lot fun. :hysterical:

The truth is, many of my generation will not forgive the Detroit 3 for making poor quality cars in the '70s - '90s.

Most of the Officers and many of the Enlisted at my base will only buy imports. If you been to Europe, the reason is clear.

Anyway, at least the best Ford products are based on a Mazda and Volvo and GM's best are based on an Opel. :shades:

Toyota is just PATHETIC. They have to COMPARE their problems with Fords??? What a bunch of weenies.

now Toyota shows their true colors.

they've been playing this game for 10 years. Burying their own problems by passing off negative press coverage to Ford.

Now it has come back to bite them in the butt.

Sounds like family parties are a lot fun. :hysterical:

The truth is, many of my generation will not forgive the Detroit 3 for making poor quality cars in the '70s - '90s.

Most of the Officers and many of the Enlisted at my base will only buy imports. If you been to Europe, the reason is clear.

Anyway, at least the best Ford products are based on a Mazda and Volvo and GM's best are based on an Opel. :shades:

I find it very interesting that the good folks serving in the military, and anyone else who gets their paycheck and funding from the government, would even consider buying a foreign car.

Foreign companies pay most of the taxes on their profits back to their home countries, while domestic companies generate far more tax revenues by employing more Americans and paying more domestic taxes.

Your behavior is essentially cutting your own life line. Sort of like working for Coke and drinking Pepsi.

You are defending your own freedom to destroy yourself economically.

It is your call, and thank you for your service to our country.

Edited by Kev-Mo

I find it very interesting that the good folks serving in the military, and anyone else who gets their paycheck and funding from the government, would even consider buying a foreign car.

Foreign companies pay most of the taxes on their profits back to their home countries, while domestic companies generate far more tax revenues by employing more Americans and paying more domestic taxes.

Your behavior is essentially cutting your own life line. Sort of like working for Coke and drinking Pepsi.

You are defending your own freedom to destroy yourself economically.

It is your call, and thank you for your service to our country.

You have to realise where the comment is coming from. Yeah I know guys who are driving imports too, but all officers and most enlisted? Whatever, this from a "combat weatherforcaster" :hysterical::hysterical:

Just wait, we'll ask for an opinion from a finance clerk or a postie next :hysterical:

Oh, oh, and they have to be a ford negatard troll before they can post that fords are only good because of the euro or asian heritage. :finger:

And PS, I've lived in europe for over 7 years Met, so don't try to wow the civies ya remf.

Ford came to the rescue of Mazda so I don't think Ford is better because of Mazda, but rather Mazda is alive because of Ford. Really. It's true.

It is also likely that Vovlo is alive thanks to Ford as well, because had they not bought the company and put billions into, sharing platforms like the Focus, no way Volvo could have had the capital to live past 2002.

Thank you Ford Motor Company for saving Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin and Land Rover. All those companies are alive and thriving thanks to Ford.

Thank you Ford Motor Company for saving Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin and Land Rover. All those companies are alive and thriving thanks to Ford.

Well, I don't know about "thriving". In another few years, Mazda could very well be the only one still around. Ford certainly did their part to make them sustainable while they owned them though.