Thoughts on 2010 Expedition Ltd

bigsteff

I just traded my 04 EB for a 2010 limited 4x4 and its awsome!!! The 2010 rides so much better and the sync-Nav is great. My EB had every option plus monochrome paint and I thought it was the best until this.

I actually set out to by an Escalade but was so underwhelmed !! I test-drove the Escalade, Denali, and Taho and they all seemed to be the same truck except the chevy interior was a little less luxury. The happy accident was that I drove the GM trucks before driving the new Expedition. After driving the ford, it wasn't even close ... It was an easy decision to buy the Ford and i'm a little ashamed I didn't look at it first.

What's your experience? How do you think the Expy compares with the competition?

:hyper:

I just traded my 04 EB for a 2010 limited 4x4 and its awsome!!! The 2010 rides so much better and the sync-Nav is great. My EB had every option plus monochrome paint and I thought it was the best until this.

I actually set out to by an Escalade but was so underwhelmed !! I test-drove the Escalade, Denali, and Taho and they all seemed to be the same truck except the chevy interior was a little less luxury. The happy accident was that I drove the GM trucks before driving the new Expedition. After driving the ford, it wasn't even close ... It was an easy decision to buy the Ford and i'm a little ashamed I didn't look at it first.

What's your experience? How do you think the Expy compares with the competition?

Hi Steff,

I looked at the GM products as well and only liked them better for the exterior look, but the Ford has it beat in every other way. I really like the Expedition Limited 4x4 too and ordered one the end of October. Now I just have to be patient..... :reading:

I'm glad you like yours and I'm sure I will like mine too if it ever gets here :banghead:

Steve

We are working overtime. Hopefully the wait won't be long. Hang in there.

I'm hanging waloud...lol, and I'm glad you're getting that overtime

I have seen the window sticker with a blend date of 12/07, but nothing since. The dealer is absolutely no help and I rely on getting all my information from here which has been very good. I read in another area that the remote start may be holding things up but I can't be sure. I want to take advantage of the sales tax break which ends 12/31, and also the 0% financing which I hope Ford continues after the first of the year.....So my patience will be wearing thin soon.

Here is my window sticker...I was wondering, do they update information on it as things change or is this all there will be ?

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...MJU2A54AEB20575

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by BIGsteve

I have no clue how often they update. I don't have access to look up your vin. Our last day is Dec 23, they usually empty everything that is in the lot so they can be shipped. Wish I could be more help.

It's OK, and I'm hoping it's done and on it's way by now....unfortunately, patience is not one of my virtues...lol

UPDATE: The salesman just called and said he expects it on his lot either today or tomorrow at the latest. :happy feet:

Thanks and keep up the good work

Steve

Edited by BIGsteve

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who is awaiting a 3rd Expedition EL, it completely blows away the competition. Both my wife and I use to drive Suburbans and i always preferred the Expedition but needed the extra room for both work and the family. When I was told Ford had gone ahead with the extended length I ordered an 07 and had to fight to keep my wife away from it. I gave in shortly thereafter ordered her an 08. Since I also run a small business I was also in the process of switching our fleet to an all Ford line. that included bringing on board an additional two EL units for other employees. Now I'm waiting on my 2010! everything about the Ford product is better. My only wish list would be a few more color offerings and power fold mirrors on the EB version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just bought a Expy 2010 4x4...

I went to all dealerships and checked out their biggest SUVs and Vans.

Why did I want to buy the biggest? I think for the same reasons most do.

Cargo space, 3rd row seating, and more vehicle around us for safety.

My findings...

Chevy/GMC still cant figure out that people who want these beasts primarily want them for the 3rd row seating + cargo space, such as families.

The leg room in the Yukon/Escalade/Suburban has got even less now. It was bad before. The 2010 models are a complete joke.

The Toyota Sequoia is hands the the roomiest ride of all. 3 rows of seats with leg room galore and not only that but all seats recline, even 3rd row.

The problem with this vehicle though is lack of cargo room. They needed an extended model for families who need luggage and stroller space and the such.

I also dont like the fact that if someone rear ended you the persons in the back seat will be smashed.

So to make this shorter...the Ford Expy EL had more leg room in the back + the cargo space needed and safety factor.

My only complaints would be that the driver/passenger headrests are uncomfortable and that the 2nd/3rd row seats should have arm rests.

Chevy/GMC have a center part that comes down for this if no one is sitting in the middle.

Other than those two small things it is an awesome vehicle....

Edited by EXPY2010