introduction to artandcolour

hi everyone. artandcolour here. i've recently found your forum, and noticed a few very complimentary posts about some of my chops, so i thought i'd post some of my FoMoCo chops here. as some of you have noted, i've been posting chops since the original Autoweek Combustion Chamber. i moved on, after the implosion, to Motor Trend, but didn't stay long. i've posted at several other smaller blogs and continue to chop whenever i can for my own enjoyment, and hopefully yours. i chop all types of cars, but i'll put up some of my Fords, Lincolns and Mercurys here. the first car i ever fell in love with, at the age of 5, was my dad's then-4 year old '58 Thunderbird. my dad was a real Ford man, with several Fords, Mercurys and Lincolns in our garage as i was growing up. we had the occasional Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Mercedes, AMC (!) and even a Lancia at one point. lol.

my web moniker, artandcolour, is a tribute to Harley Earl, the great grand daddy of car design. his first styling studio at GM in the late 1920s was called the Art and Colour Section.

and for anyone interested in my 'real' art, the focus of my life at this point, you can check it out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artbycasey/

enjoy!

LincolnMarkCoupe.jpg

crossover coupe based on the aston martin lagonda concept.

MercuryCapriHybridSaloon.jpg

Mercury Capri hybrid hatch.

LincolnMKZSportback.jpg

facelift of the MKZ/Zephyr. this would be a hatch version with flying buttresses...

LincolnMkE.jpg

this would be an entry-level Lincoln, the MKE

MustangV6_sportroof2.jpg

this is my idea for the new 305hp V6 Mustang. it would be set apart from the V8 GT with different bodywork, and a luxury level interior, along with a polycarbonate clear roof. the idea would be to appeal to a more european/luxury buyer than the awesome musclecar V8 GT, with basically the same platform.

MercuryMontereyHybrid.jpg

this would be a Chinese-Domestic-Market hybrid saloon. there is so much growth potential in China, Mercury, a grand old brand like Buick, could make huge inroads there with the right product, making tons of money for FoMoCo.

Lynx2.jpg

this would be a slightly extended Fiesta sedan, the Lynx. hybrid drivetrain optional.

MercuryParkLane2.jpg

this would be a luxury Mercury sedan, the reborn Park Lane.

CapriCoupe2010.jpg

this is a simple coupe version of the new Taurus. a pillarless coupe named Capri.

Tbird2011.jpg

a new luxury coupe, the Thunderbird, keeping the faith with the '58-71 Thunderbirds of yore. the rear glass would be indented along with the trunk, in an extension of the 4 passenger Tbird's original styling feature.

i'll post another 10 after this.

Edited by artandcolour

Hi art!! :D

lets see if my puter will work fast enuf for me to be the first to welcome you to BON! Great to see your chops here!

Don't think I've ever seen that last Thunderbird before - very dynamic, think the wheel-arch bulges are fantastic icon14.gif (& I'm not usually a fan of that) ...wonder if your rear window idea would ever be built in real life - that'd be Hot!

Edited by 2b2

Hi art!! :D

lets see if my puter will work fast enuf for me to be the first to welcome you to BON! Great to see your chops here!

Don't think I've ever seen that last Thunderbird before - very dynamic, think the wheel-arch bulges are fantastic icon14.gif (& I'm not usually a fan of that) ...wonder if your rear window idea would ever be built in real life - that'd be Hot!

hey 2b2! thanks!

i really like that Cougar logo in your sig. what is that from?

Welcome art! Glad to see you finally jumped over here! Traffic isn't always the best in the Photochops section here, but you'll be sure to get some responses, especially with the quality of your work!

I like the additions you've made since I last saw your stuff - awesome job as usual!