Part II introductory thread

TbirdonPaper.jpg

this is a retro chop, what the fugly 1980-82 Thunderbird could have been. i've taken the styling themes of the '77-79 Bird and downsized them in a more appropriate way than Ford did back then.

thunderbird67estate.jpg

another retro chop. when BMW introduced it's new 5 series hatchback and called it the Gran Turismo, i thought about what Ford could have done with an estate/hatch of the fabulous '67-'69 Tbird, hence the Tbird GT, with reversible Pucci upholstery!

LincolnMarkGT.jpg

an idea for a new luxury coupe, based on the MKT crossover. this could have awd and the EcoBoost engine.

TorinoSportsroofGTa1.jpg

a reborn rwd family sized sport coupe, the Torino GT.

TbirdConservative.jpg

a Thunderbird luxury coupe, based on the Taurus sedan. cues from the mid-60s classic Tbirds i love so much.

MustangGT500Coupe2.jpg

an alternative to the fastback GT, the notchback Mustang returns, here in GT500 guise. i always preferred the notchback to the fastbacks for some reason.

2011LincolnTownCar.jpg

an über luxury Lincoln Continental Town Car, based on the Interceptor of course. miles and miles of luxury.

GrandMarquisClubCoupe.jpg

how about one more update of the Panther Marquis....the Club Coupe! i've always thought the early '70s Fiat 130 coupe was stunning, and used a similar C pillar treatment here.

1961LincolnCoupe2.jpg

another retro chop, the never-released coupe version of the '61 Lincoln Continental. a lot of re-proportioning in this chop actually.

1964LincolnCoupe.jpg

another version, this time with the '64 model, which traded the curved side glass for straight, which never really worked as well with the design of the sedan. same with the Tbird of '64-66. the curved glass of the '61-63 looked so much better.

Edited by artandcolour

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have a great talent Casey...I took the time to read some of your blogs and if I had to sum it up with one word, it would be, "Striking"...don't ask me to explain...I really can't, but it is truly striking to me. Thank you for your wonderful talents....

thank you very much! I'm enjoying the blog, though it's hard to find the time some times. i'm not quite as strict as that Julia/Julia movie, but i've only missed 2-3 days in 2 months. that's pretty darn a record for me, lol, at anything. i really try to post at least once a day.

hopefully new chops to come soon!

• 2 weeks later...