...But it's a voluntary recall!!

RichardJensen

"I would have expected it to be completely different than what it is," he said. "We've had people who are concerned, but once we explain what the repairs are going to be and let them know it's a voluntary recall they calm down."

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/03/autos/toyota_reax/

"once we lie through our teeth, they feel much better"

The good ship Toyota is sailing right now with a gigantic hole blown in its side, and now several other small ones in other areas. I'm telling you, we could be looking at the beginning of the end for them. Its now easier to list the models NOT effected by some serious recall than list the ones with the problems.

:sos: :titanic:

The good ship Toyota is sailing right now with a gigantic hole blown in its side, and now several other small ones in other areas. I'm telling you, we could be looking at the beginning of the end for them. Its now easier to list the models NOT effected by some serious recall than list the ones with the problems.

:sos: :titanic:

The thing is that in their quest to become the next GM, they've out done them in the amount of screw ups with cars...I don't remember ever a point in GM's history where they've done this much damage to themselves in such a short period of time!

Voluntary my ass, this is an OUT AND OUT admission to the footdragging mentioned numerous times...they KNEW of the problem and ignored it until PUSHED by uproar.....they desrve to go down in flames and pay be fined the maximum...this could be groundbreaking...........Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood chimed in this week, saying Toyota officials were "a little safety deaf" and then warning Americans not to drive the recalled cars. He later backtracked but said the Obama administration would "hold Toyota's feet to the fire."

ACCOUNTABILITY........

I read an article the other day about where the NHTSA was looking at fining them. It said the largest previous fine in NHTSA's history was back in 2001 or so when it fined GM $1 million for a windshield wiper problem.

Can you imagine if NHTSA gets pissed enough - they could nail them. Windshield wiper - meh - $1 million vs. Uncontrolled acceration and no brakes causing crashes that kill people - could be big $$$$$$'s.

I read an article the other day about where the NHTSA was looking at fining them. It said the largest previous fine in NHTSA's history was back in 2001 or so when it fined GM $1 million for a windshield wiper problem.

Can you imagine if NHTSA gets pissed enough - they could nail them. Windshield wiper - meh - $1 million vs. Uncontrolled acceration and no brakes causing crashes that kill people - could be big $$$$$$'s.

how about banning their sales for 6 months whilst forcing them to payroll the dealerships that are financially suffering?.....

Edited by Deanh

Toyota said that owners of vehicles involved in the most recent recall could safely continue to drive them since the problem develops gradually over time and, even in the worst case, is easy to bring under control by simply applying the brakes. In an extreme case drivers may need to shift the car into neutral.

REALLY????????

Tell that to the family that died in that Lexus here in San Diego :sos:

The driver tried using his brakes

http://suddenacceleration.com/?page_id=174

Edited by timmm55

So let's try this example...person behind me at a light as a Toyota, experiences sudden acceleration and drives under my car and wedges me forward. So not only will I sue Toyota for obvious reasons, can I also sue the idiot behind me who took it upon himself to make that judgment call to go ahead and drive his vehicle because he didnt experience a gradual sticking?

anyone else thinking of paying off the national deficit this way? ;)

& from a convo elsewhere:

The world’s No. 1 automaker Thursday reported a quarterly net profit of 153.2 billion yen ($1.7 billion) and cited stronger sales of the Prius and other “green” models.
And they'll likely need every penny to settle claims.

I wonder if all U.S. profits could be impounded until all claims are 1. KNOWN and

2. Settled

???

Edited by 2b2

REALLY????????

Tell that to the family that died in that Lexus here in San Diego :sos:

The driver tried using his brakes

http://suddenacceleration.com/?page_id=174

Different recall.

That was caused by a floor mat. NOT defective throttle control software.

This recall is caused by a faulty accelerator mechanism NOT defective throttle control software..

:rolleyes: