NAP Retirees

napwife

For those of us who have had the benefit of having an HMO for our provider this new TCN Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan has been a shock. I, like my husband, have had physicals every year. Well I had mine in Jan. In the past my payment has only been $25.00. Imagine my surprise when I opened my explanation of benefits and saw that I owed $335.00 because BCBS of Mi. doesn't cover preventative or routine care. I urge everyone to write letters to the UAW and anyone else you can think of. My husband was a proud worker and union member and supported his union to the fullest for 31 years. I can't believe this is what the retirees were given when there are other areas that still have an HMO. I don't think they looked hard enough for us. They waited to see if someone wanted us. People forget retirees are on a "fixed" income. The union vowed that we would get the best possible benefits and they failed us. Just because our plant is closed doesn't make us less valuable retirees. We let others speak for us when the plant was put on the chopping block and look where that got us. WE ALL need to speak up and I've already written letters and I appeal to everyone else to help me fight for ALL of us.

• Like 1

For those of us who have had the benefit of having an HMO for our provider this new TCN Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan has been a shock. I, like my husband, have had physicals every year. Well I had mine in Jan. In the past my payment has only been $25.00. Imagine my surprise when I opened my explanation of benefits and saw that I owed $335.00 because BCBS of Mi. doesn't cover preventative or routine care. I urge everyone to write letters to the UAW and anyone else you can think of. My husband was a proud worker and union member and supported his union to the fullest for 31 years. I can't believe this is what the retirees were given when there are other areas that still have an HMO. I don't think they looked hard enough for us. They waited to see if someone wanted us. People forget retirees are on a "fixed" income. The union vowed that we would get the best possible benefits and they failed us. Just because our plant is closed doesn't make us less valuable retirees. We let others speak for us when the plant was put on the chopping block and look where that got us. WE ALL need to speak up and I've already written letters and I appeal to everyone else to help me fight for ALL of us.

I have to agree, for something that the union keep saying there wouldn't be any change it sure changed alot if your not in Michigan. Then they have the nerve to give you crappy insurance and raise the monthly premiums for less coverage. The union blew this one.

I have to agree, for something that the union keep saying there wouldn't be any change it sure changed alot if your not in Michigan. Then they have the nerve to give you crappy insurance and raise the monthly premiums for less coverage. The union blew this one.

That is why we all need to band together and write letters, make phone calls and plead with all those that are still working. Retirement comes quicker than you think and if the workers don't help with the fight for us then they won't have what they are enjoying now. I'm trying really hard to pass the word around and to get everyone on board to press for a change for our benefits. This goes for ALL workers and retirees........