Runaway Prius Impact: Toyota Fights Back

weiweishen

Link

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10700212/1/runaway-prius-impact-toyota-fights-back.html?puc=tscmarketwatch&cm_ven=tscmarketwatch

After Monday's runaway Prius incident in San Diego, The Wall Street Journal sparked a media frenzy when it reported that a new recall of 2004 to 2009 Prius models had been ordered. Now Toyota is saying the Journal got it wrong.

Toyota has responded to Tuesday's report by issuing a press release emphasizing that the recall was not a new one, amid reports stating the contrary.

Toyota says the recall of these Prius models were planned all along.

Toyota philosophy

Denial of your wrongful doing for thousands time will make you more righteous

:stop: :blah:

How much I hate toyota I'll have to give them credit for fighting back. They are going on the Headlines staging battles against anybody claiming the problems involve electrical issues and all the "test" people have run against them. However wrong it is, this shows confidence and reassures the sheeple who believe toyota can do no wrong :redcard: . Ford is too mellow when it comes to bad press against them. Ford would probally have ignored the guy proving he can cause an electrical glitch, where as toyota went all out on front pages denying this. When (hopefully never) Ford has any issue like this, I want them on the front lines proving people wrong and assuring the public.

Up until recently Ford has never stated their product is better than toyota and honda. Maybe it wasn't true up until now, I don't know? I know they always went for "classier" ads just showing their product, but sometimes you need to slam the competition to get people to notice. Hopefully they can continue to show strength with a mix of competitive ads and product showcasing.

How much I hate toyota I'll have to give them credit for fighting back. They are going on the Headlines staging battles against anybody claiming the problems involve electrical issues and all the "test" people have run against them. However wrong it is, this shows confidence and reassures the sheeple who believe toyota can do no wrong :redcard: . Ford is too mellow when it comes to bad press against them. Ford would probally have ignored the guy proving he can cause an electrical glitch, where as toyota went all out on front pages denying this. When (hopefully never) Ford has any issue like this, I want them on the front lines proving people wrong and assuring the public.

All of the denial and posturing will work for now, but when they're eventually forced to admit that there is some other problem causing SUA then they're totally screwed. As it stands right now, the Toyota fans believe the company just had a small problem and worked diligently to fix it. Once they see the intentional deception and incompetence that continued to put their families at risk I think you'll see quite a backlash from most (not all) Toyota supporters. It has nothing to do with the actual problem but rather how Toyota is handling it.

So you're trying to say anyone with a troubled financial history has zero credibility? Sure he may raise some red flags, but you can't discount the events solely on his BK.

He's not looking at filing a lawsuit against Toyota. So what's he got to gain out of doing this?

So you're trying to say anyone with a troubled financial history has zero credibility? Sure he may raise some red flags, but you can't discount the events solely on his BK.

He's not looking at filing a lawsuit against Toyota. So what's he got to gain out of doing this?

Now he's not. I had to believe that until his story was questioned, he was looking at one. But of course, this doesn't mean necessarily that he's lying, just that there are reasons to doubt his version of his story.

• Like 1

Up until recently Ford has never stated their product is better than toyota and honda. Maybe it wasn't true up until now, I don't know? I know they always went for "classier" ads just showing their product, but sometimes you need to slam the competition to get people to notice. Hopefully they can continue to show strength with a mix of competitive ads and product showcasing.

like this: