Thanks UAW,You Still Don't Get It

thebeach

To the people that get it, you know who you are. To the ones who don't. You never will. Ford just needed your organization to go down the road with them and you ran away scared again. If Ford does not garner enough cash to pay down their debt they will have more problems again.Guess who they will come back at for more concessions? If they had been allowed unrestricted rise in their stock by the rising sales then more secondary offerings would be done to retire the debt. Now it remains to be seen if the price momentum can continue. Only time will tell but the fact that the UAW sold their warrants does not bode well at all.

Edited by thebeach

To the people that get it, you know who you are. To the ones who don't. You never will. Ford just needed your organization to go down the road with them and you ran away scared again. If Ford does not garner enough cash to pay down their debt they will have more problems again.Guess who they will come back at for more concessions? If they had been allowed unrestricted rise in their stock by the rising sales then more secondary offerings would be done to retire the debt. Now it remains to be seen if the price momentum can continue. Only time will tell but the fact that the UAW sold their warrants does not bode well at all.

You my friend need to educate yourself about what the UAW did, it was a great move. I might have waited a little longer but all in all, they bought the stock low, sold high and secured there VEBA , which is 100% good for the retirees. That was a great move for those in that program. Hopefully the stock drops again, they buy more and sell high once again. I saw the stock under $13 now, smart move, very smart. Hopefully all of us buy it at around $5/ or maybe a $1/ and then sell high.

• Like 2

You my friend need to educate yourself about what the UAW did, it was a great move. I might have waited a little longer but all in all, they bought the stock low, sold high and secured there VEBA , which is 100% good for the retirees. That was a great move for those in that program. Hopefully the stock drops again, they buy more and sell high once again. I saw the stock under $13 now, smart move, very smart. Hopefully all of us buy it at around $5/ or maybe a $1/ and then sell high.

This was a great move by the VEBA board. This further protects our precious retirees. This warrant strategy was a great idea and very proactive on the foresight of the UAW.

If the VEBA continues to perform these smart investment choices we should see the co pays and office visits reduced.

Thank God for the UAW...... My family is forever grateful

• Like 2

Sounds like your mad cause you didn't sell your stock while it was $14 plus.............................

The $12 plus dollars Ford stock is at right now is stil cheap,FORD stock will go up even more as time goes on....

LOL , I did sell at $14 and bought most of it back in mid $12's. My point is the UAW has a chance to make so much more cash and at the same time voting their confidence in Alan Mulally. I spent 26 years working for Ford and am very proud to have been a union member as well but in Canada where we have seen the light much quicker than the UAW brothers have, if they see it at all.

• Like 1

LOL , I did sell at $14 and bought most of it back in mid $12's. My point is the UAW has a chance to make so much more cash and at the same time voting their confidence in Alan Mulally. I spent 26 years working for Ford and am very proud to have been a union member as well but in Canada where we have seen the light much quicker than the UAW brothers have, if they see it at all.

It's the UAW's Stock they can do what they wish with it, just as you did. They have an obligation to the retirees and took the stock as part of a bargain to help relive the company of debt. Please stop blaming the UAW when something does not go right for the company. The stock is just fine and it will get better.

.....And WE do get it.

It's the UAW's Stock they can do what they wish with it, just as you did. They have an obligation to the retirees and took the stock as part of a bargain to help relive the company of debt. Please stop blaming the UAW when something does not go right for the company. The stock is just fine and it will get better.

.....And WE do get it.

If the union is going to play the markets with the VEBA money, sooner or later they will make a bad move, and it will be gone. It needs to be invested in something safe and conservative.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1

.....And WE do get it.

I have read a number of analysts who said the UAW made the right move because they made a nice profit and nothing is ever certain about the market. If something nationally happened to have a negative impact on the market Ford's stock price would go down along with the market even if Ford held their own. As a retiree I am glad the UAW sold and put the much needed cash into the fund. Warren Buffet has always said to sell on the way up and that's exactly what the UAW did. If Ford stock keeps going up and I truly hope it does for the sake of my TESPHE account so be it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

If the union is going to play the markets with the VEBA money, sooner or later they will make a bad move, and it will be gone. It needs to be invested in something safe and conservative.

Uh they have no choice.....safe & conservative will not keep up with retiree healthcare costs.

UAW only sold 11% of there holdings according to what I read

Its also a good thing to make a profit on your holdings and I don't think it will hurt Ford because investers don't like the fact that the Union has a vested interest in the company of the employees they represent

That may cause a conflict of interest for both sides at contract time

Just a thought maybe I'm wrong

Look at all the shit thats been stired because the Goverment has a vested interest in GM and Chrysler