Breaking News! Mercury Introduces 5 Hybrids at NY Auto Show

MilanHybrid_2010.jpg

MountaineerHybrid_2010.jpg

CometHybrid_2010.jpg

VillagerHybrid_2010.jpg

CycloneSedanHybrid_2010.jpg

Mercury's Way Forward plan was revealed today at the 2010 New York Auto Show at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan. Aiming to become the USA's first all-hybrid full lineup of family cars and crossovers, Mercury introduced 5 new cars, ranging from their first B segment sports hatch, to a range-topping Cyclone sports sedan, including a totally new Milan, and two new crossovers, the small Villager and the large Mountaineer.

I'll give you this much, they look great. The only thing missing is a Cougar. Can you do one based on that Milan??

The Milan looks terrific. I liked the last version better than the current one and yours looks the best of the three. I'm guessing that the Mountaineer is based on the next Explorer, the Comet is based on the next Focus, and the Villager is based on the Mazda CX-9. I'm not sure about the Cyclone's roots, though I'm guessing your concept is RWD and not Taurus based. Nice job.

Edited by T'Cal

I'll give you this much, they look great. The only thing missing is a Cougar. Can you do one based on that Milan??

The Milan looks terrific. I liked the last version better than the current one and yours looks the best of the three. I'm guessing that the Mountaineer is based on the next Explorer, the Comet is based on the next Focus, and the Villager is based on the Mazda CX-9. I'm not sure about the Cyclone's roots, though I'm guessing your concept is RWD and not Taurus based. Nice job.

haha, Yes you're right about the intro date, NEXT April Fool's!

chops based on these photos:

1. Milan = new Kia Optima Cadenza

2. Mountaineer = new Infiniti QX56/Nissan Patrol

3. Comet = new Citroen concept-can't remember the name, but it was introduced at Geneva this year

4. Villager = new Kia Sportage

5. Cyclone = front clip from new MB SLS gullwing, and body from Porsche Panamera

ALL with a large dose of artandcolouring : )

EDIT CORRECTION: I just realized that the Milan chop was created from the new Kia Cadenza, not the Optima. I did these about 6 weeks ago, and the Optima wasn't out then. Sorry about that!

Edited by artandcolour

Would you make a Cougar for us?? One based on your Milan, please!

I'd say that Timmm has the Cougar just about covered! I love his modern interpretations of classic Cougars.

I'm sure I've posted this coupe before, but this is my San Marino, a luxury awd midsize Mercury:

SanMarino.jpg

I'd say that Timmm has the Cougar just about covered! I love his modern interpretations of classic Cougars.

I'm sure I've posted this coupe before, but this is my San Marino, a luxury awd midsize Mercury:

SanMarino.jpg

Too cool! Thanks.