2010 Fusion Transmission Issues?

mettech

Hey Guys,

Got 2 questions on my 2010 Milan V6 AWD which already had the trans rebuilt at 12 K and had 2 reflashes to the PCM. Over the last 4 weeks, I am getting at about 40-60 MPH a vibration. It's not loud but it can be felt in the steering wheel/column , the console, etc... It's slight but I do notice it.

Mileage is 25,500. The lease is up in 10 months.

Just wondering could it be the torque converter not seated properly since it does feel like a drive-line vibration.

Also the passenger A-pillar and the Drivers B-pillar has a lot of plastic noises coming from it when the temp is at 60* or below.

Over the last 4 weeks, I am getting at about 40-60 MPH a vibration. It's not loud but it can be felt in the steering wheel/column , the console, etc... It's slight but I do notice it.

Are you sure it is not a tire out of balance. I've seen tires go bad to the point where they can't be balanced at 25,000 to 30,000. Or maybe you lost a wheel weight. What brand tires did it come with? I really doubt it has anything to do with the convertor. You would feel something like that based on engine RPM, not road speed.

No Tires are good, they are the OEM Michelin Pilots that came with the car. The tread life is very good due to it being driven very carefully. All weights are on the wheels. The vibration does seem to keep coming and going though, sometimes everything is smooth.

On a side note, had the trans flare last night taking off from a light. Went from 1600 rpm to 4000 and then shifted fine after that. The only thing I do know is that after 5 of the last 6 Ford products have had trans/valve body failure, I am not so inclined to give the blue oval another shot. I think when the lease is over in 10 months or less, the 20 year relationship with Ford will be also. These cars are just too expensive to have the same stuff keep happening. Even the Mustang with it's Chinese build manual units are horrible. What has happened to Ford?

In addition my friend who is a dealer has seen way too many My Touch Systems lock up. Obviously that system is not ready for prime time yet, I don't need a smart phone on wheels, I just want the wheels to keep rolling so to speak. If the technology is that "so called advanced" that people have to have classes on how to use it, that's not intuitive and the engineers didn't do their job on that either.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a 2010 Fusion SEL I4. I really wanted to get a manual version of the car, but I could not find one. And after seeing this ... even moreso I wish I had picked one up. Luckily, I did get a lifetime warranty on the powertrain of my vehicle so I am not too concerned ... as long as I keep the maintenance up. Good luck to all those who have been affected.

Edited by SVT_MAN