Optima Battery Replacement for 2009 - 2010 MKS

nycplayboy78

Hello and good afternoon everybody :)

I am thinking about purchasing either a 2009 or 2010 Lincoln MKS and the first thing I am going to do is replace the stock battery with an Optima Battery YellowTop because I love Optima Batteries and I have one in my 2001 Lincoln Continental. Well according to Optima I will need to know the dimensions of the 2009/2010 stock battery. Can someone please tell me the dimensions of both a 2009 and 2010 Lincoln MKS stock battery?

Thank You Guys,

NYC

=D

• Like 1

In my experiences, Optimas are pretty crud and sell on name alone. The Ford Motorcraft battery in my Mustang lasted 8 years. It subsequently had two Optimas, neither of which lasted over 2.

Hey Nick and thanks for the advice I keep hearing the same thing about Optima from a whole lot of people. I think I am going to go to Sear's and get the following:

DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-4 - Group Size 34/78DT

Thank you for your insight =D

NYC

Hello and good afternoon everybody :)

I am thinking about purchasing either a 2009 or 2010 Lincoln MKS and the first thing I am going to do is replace the stock battery with an Optima Battery YellowTop because I love Optima Batteries and I have one in my 2001 Lincoln Continental. Well according to Optima I will need to know the dimensions of the 2009/2010 stock battery. Can someone please tell me the dimensions of both a 2009 and 2010 Lincoln MKS stock battery?

Thank You Guys,

NYC

=D

Hi NYC. :D Just a question and an opinion/recommendation. First, why replace a new, Warranty covered battery?

Now, for for what it is worth, just my opinion/recommendation: Your 2009 or 2010 MKS will be covered under the Lincoln "New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty" for 4 years/50,000 miles. That includes the battery. So why replace a new battery (on your own dime) in a new/almost new vehicle that is still under Warranty? If the factory battery dies, it is covered under Warranty for replacement for those 4 years/50.000 miles.

My advice? Keep the factory Motorcraft battery (a good battery in the first place) until the vehicle is out of Warranty. At that point, once the Motorcraft battery is out of Warranty (4-5 years down the road), replace the battery if you wish.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...

I understand. Some Ford models come with pretty weak batteries. When its dead and ruining your day, you kinda wish you had just replaced it when you had the chance. I will do the same with my next new Ford. Warranty doesn't help when your batt is dead somewhere on a rainy day.

I understand. Some Ford models come with pretty weak batteries. When its dead and ruining your day, you kinda wish you had just replaced it when you had the chance. I will do the same with my next new Ford. Warranty doesn't help when your batt is dead somewhere on a rainy day.

Ford batteries are no worse than aftermarket replacements and in some cases better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well not sure where you guys live, but where I live it gets pretty friggin cold come winter and depsite the 0-20 syn oil, and typically being able to plug in the block heater, sometimes you still rely on your battery.

And when the factory Ford battery has relativly low CCA at least compared to what we'd all buy as a replacment battery... that sux. Not sure when ford decieded to cheap out... but they did. So in summary no the Ford is not better than an Optima. Whatever I'd buy that has more CCA than the stock battery, would be better than the factory Ford battery.

Well not sure where you guys live, but where I live it gets pretty friggin cold come winter and depsite the 0-20 syn oil, and typically being able to plug in the block heater, sometimes you still rely on your battery.

And when the factory Ford battery has relativly low CCA at least compared to what we'd all buy as a replacment battery... that sux. Not sure when ford decieded to cheap out... but they did. So in summary no the Ford is not better than an Optima. Whatever I'd buy that has more CCA than the stock battery, would be better than the factory Ford battery.

Once you have enough CCA to turn the engine effectively, adding more won't help.

Guys I want to thank you for all of your advise on this matter. I live in Washington, DC and I just purchased a new 2010 Lincoln MKS AWD last month in April =D

It is a GREAAAATTTTT car =D

I am so happy that I purchased this vehicle. I am still learning how to use the Sync system and I am constantly reading the forums on how to take advantage of it and to push it to its limit. I am also excited at the new MyLincoln system Ford is coming out with to replace the Sync system in the 2011 model year....

Thank You,

NYC

=D

Guys I want to thank you for all of your advise on this matter. I live in Washington, DC and I just purchased a new 2010 Lincoln MKS AWD last month in April =D

It is a GREAAAATTTTT car =D

I am so happy that I purchased this vehicle. I am still learning how to use the Sync system and I am constantly reading the forums on how to take advantage of it and to push it to its limit. I am also excited at the new MyLincoln system Ford is coming out with to replace the Sync system in the 2011 model year....

Thank You,

NYC

=D

What exactly do you want advice on?

I was just looking for advise on how to take care of my new car. This is my first new car ever and I want to show her some tender loving care =D

I just look for advise from other Lincoln owners and learn from their experience(s) on how to handle and deal with all things Lincoln ownership =D

Thank You

I was just looking for advise on how to take care of my new car. This is my first new car ever and I want to show her some tender loving care =D

I just look for advise from other Lincoln owners and learn from their experience(s) on how to handle and deal with all things Lincoln ownership =D

Thank You

Well then, I would simply just suggest you follow the recommended service intervals in the owner's manual. Preventive maintenance is the best thing you can do to avoid problems down the road.

• 1 year later...

I've had a YellowTop Optima battery in my Buick Regal since 2004. That vehicle has an upgraded 160 A alternator and a 1100+ watt RMS sound system in it. Additionally, the battery has been fully discharged and revived on a few occasions. Despite this, the Optima battery has continued to function without concern for seven years and counting.