Escape Timeline

akirby

Thanks. I thought the new styling was 08 and engines 09 but I wasn't sure if Sync was available on the 08s. I was hoping it was - I really don't want to get one without it and it's too difficult to add. Might have to pony up for the 09 and get the upgraded 2.5L as a bonus.

Thanks. I thought the new styling was 08 and engines 09 but I wasn't sure if Sync was available on the 08s. I was hoping it was - I really don't want to get one without it and it's too difficult to add. Might have to pony up for the 09 and get the upgraded 2.5L as a bonus.

2009 was the first year SYNC was offered in the Escape. You just get a standard AUX jack in the '08 which is nearly useless. We haven't touched ours in the nearly 2 years we've owned our '08.

Many current aftermarket radios have the same capabilities as SYNC, Normally auto manufacturers have to follow what comes available on the aftermarket. Most of the stock Escape radios don't sound that great anyway and the factory nav systems are expensive to update.

Many current aftermarket radios have the same capabilities as SYNC

They have piece parts of the functionality (bluetooth, ipod connector, etc.) but I don't think any aftermarket head unit gives you voice control over multiple mp3 players (not just ipods) or vehicle health reports or 911 assist or reads your text messages.

They have piece parts of the functionality (bluetooth, ipod connector, etc.) but I don't think any aftermarket head unit gives you voice control over multiple mp3 players (not just ipods) or vehicle health reports or 911 assist or reads your text messages.

No aftermarket comes close to SYNC and it's much better with the Nav system also. The 2.5L has better FE and power and handles E10 much better than the 2.3L. There are so many improvements in the '09 over the '08 it's not funny. Tires, ride, handling, MPG, Fuel-cut, broadband 02 sensors, better exhaust etc.

No aftermarket comes close to SYNC and it's much better with the Nav system also. The 2.5L has better FE and power and handles E10 much better than the 2.3L. There are so many improvements in the '09 over the '08 it's not funny. Tires, ride, handling, MPG, Fuel-cut, broadband 02 sensors, better exhaust etc.

Looks like the 09s will be in the $15k - $18k price range this time next year so that should work. Thanks for the info.