Ford recalls about 33,000 vehicles

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ford-recalls-about-33000-vehicles-2010-04-23-1218130

"SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Ford /quotes/comstock/13*!f/quotes/nls/f (F 14.18, -0.02, -0.14%) is recalling about 33,000 vehicles to fix a problem with front seat recliners in certain 2010 models of Fusion, Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac and Mercury Milan and Mountaineer, the automaker said Friday. Some of the vehicles failed to meet the requirements of the federal motor vehicle safety standard. "In the event of a crash, the seatback and head restraint may move rearward, increasing the risk of injury," according to the recall notice posted on the Office of Defects Investigation's Web site. "

The defect was found by a Ford assembly line worker. Then Ford take action immediately.

Wow. The tide has definitely turned in Ford's favor.

The point is Ford found the problem by themself and took action immediately. Toyota just tried to hide everything. I still remember a meeting where Mullaly was keynote talk. One attendee asked him what Ford could gain from Toyota's recall. He said "its difficult to predict, but I am sure Ford will learn something from Toyota's recall". I think this action is exactly what he said.

Love reading comments like that.

The tide is turning and how.

"Perception is Reality"

One of the many Toyota owners in the office today stated she is looking to trade her Yota POS for a Fusion. Wanted to know if they are as good as she keeps reading.

Win them over one at a time.

Love reading comments like that.

The tide is turning and how.

"Perception is Reality"

One of the many Toyota owners in the office today stated she is looking to trade her Yota POS for a Fusion. Wanted to know if they are as good as she keeps reading.

Win them over one at a time.

Gee.... It appears that recalls are good advertising..ohsnap.gif

The comments are awesome. Finally, they're seeing the light! smile.gif

FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 FUSION, EXPLORER, EXPLORER SPORT TRAC, AND MERCURY MILAN AND MOUNTAINEER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BETWEEN DECEMBER 15, 2009 THROUGH FEBRUARY 3, 2010 EQUIPPED WITH FRONT SEAT MANUAL RECLINERS. shades.gifTHESE VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 202, HEAD RESTRAINT. THE RECLINER GEAR PLATE TEETH MAY BE OUT OF DIMENSION SPECIFICATION WHICH COULD RESULT IN LIMITED PAWL TO GEAR PLATE TOOTH ENGAGEMENT.

Seeing the light???? shades.gif

Are you kidding me??? Ford will lose sells over this!!!

And wait until the transmission issue with the 6-speed auto becomes more apparent after the 2011s gets more miles on them.

Link

The idea that Ford is the, "We admit to our errors soon company" will not keep people from going to Honda, Hyundai and Nissan.doh.gif

My God... after 8 months of excellent sales and profits... is Ford already showing signs of being arrogant? Crap like this will keep customers away... no matter how fast the company admits its errors!!!

Maybe it's time to dump some F stock...shrug.gif

Who says this is a trend? I hate to break it to you, but there are going to be problems in vehicles from every company. That's why the reliability studies never show a company with zero accidents......it's the next thing to impossible. The trend is still Ford getting better.

• Like 1

FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 FUSION, EXPLORER, EXPLORER SPORT TRAC, AND MERCURY MILAN AND MOUNTAINEER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BETWEEN DECEMBER 15, 2009 THROUGH FEBRUARY 3, 2010 EQUIPPED WITH FRONT SEAT MANUAL RECLINERS. shades.gifTHESE VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 202, HEAD RESTRAINT. THE RECLINER GEAR PLATE TEETH MAY BE OUT OF DIMENSION SPECIFICATION WHICH COULD RESULT IN LIMITED PAWL TO GEAR PLATE TOOTH ENGAGEMENT.

And wait until the transmission issue with the 6-speed auto becomes more apparent after the 2011s gets more miles on them.

Link

The idea that Ford is the, "We admit to our errors soon company" will not keep people from going to Honda, Hyundai and Nissan.doh.gif

My God... after 8 months of excellent sales and profits... is Ford already showing signs of being arrogant? Crap like this will keep customers away... no matter how fast the company admits its errors!!!

I never saw Ford say "we admit to our errors soon" nor do I feel they are being arrogant. Crap like recalling vehicles that don't comply with safety standards will keep customers away? Would you rather them do nothing and then have bad press if people get injured by this defect?

• Like 1

A trend starts with one point.

One point is not a trend.

Every volume manufacturer suffers recalls, it's how you deal with them and your customers that's important.

Owners will see it for what it is, a precautionary check to make sure their vehicle is right.

• Like 1

Link

:fishingtrip:

Please dump the stock, I'm looking to expand my position.

• Like 1

Link

Recall is a routine for any automobile company to fix any mistake during the production. The point is: don't let government force you to make recall. Ford found the defect by their employee and took action immediately. On the contrary, the car company from your Japanese company purposely tried their best to hide all safety issue, then US government went to your country to force your countryman to order their US representative to recall the car. What a shame. By the way, if you did not have chance to get some Ford stocks, you can buy some your Japanese stock to show your support. I support American car company, I bought Ford stock when it was around 1 dollar, I am not going to dump them any soon. Can you do the same to your Japanese Fellow

• Like 1

The point is Ford found the problem by themself and took action immediately. Toyota just tried to hide everything. I still remember a meeting where Mullaly was keynote talk. One attendee asked him what Ford could gain from Toyota's recall. He said "its difficult to predict, but I am sure Ford will learn something from Toyota's recall". I think this action is exactly what he said.

Agreed. Ford showing how quickly it's responding can only add to its' credibility with both the public and media.

• Like 1

...Maybe it's time to dump some F stock...shrug.gif

Warren Buffett put it best, "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years."

So...with that said, go sell your stock troll and buy up Hyundai/Kia stock...if the Koreans will let ya..... :hysterical:

Note: fixed for the trolls....

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

Warren Buffet put it best, "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years."

So...with that said, go sell your stock troll and buy up Hyundai/Kia stock...if the Koreans will let ya..... hysterical.gif

At this point, it's not the market that is the problem. It could be the quality issues with the 2010 Fusion.

There are two major and one minor issues with the Fusion right now.

1. Safety recall

2. Transmission issues with the 2.5L.

3. Heater core noise issues.

Mr. Buffett (you misspelled his name) also said, "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. "

You can buy "HYMLF" on E-Trade.