Fg Falcon Coupe by Ford Oz studio

Yes please that would be nice.

Nissan has one for their altima sedan, Honda has one for their accord. Would it really cost that much more to add a coupe in the lineup?

I doubt it will happen unless/until Ford adds a 2nd plant for the Fusion triplets. Hermosillo is already near capacity just building sedan variants of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ.

On the other side of the coin from the Altima and Accord coupes, Toyota recently axed the Solara due to slow sales. It's a hit or miss market.

You must have some sort of connection to those Callum fellows.

People who mix in similar circles?

Musings by Ford Aus studio but not official....

It would be interesting to let the Ford Aus guys off the chain

and see what comes out of the skunk works...

Edited by jpd80

John - I got your message and thought I'd post the reply here since it's appropriate.

The designers at the studio whip these up which are then auctioned off once a year (as are many other ideas and activities) for the JDRF charity. These sketches can be for public domain, so in no way represent internal programs.

Cheers.

• Like 1

John - I got your message and thought I'd post the reply here since it's appropriate.

The designers at the studio whip these up which are then auctioned off once a year (as are many other ideas and activities) for the JDRF charity. These sketches can be for public domain, so in no way represent internal programs.

Cheers.

.......:ohsnap:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It sure seems a business case for the next gen Mustang, Falcon Coupe, Lincoln MKR & Ford Thunderbird sharing platforms sure could be made. What's the latest on the GRWD platform?

From your lips to God's ears! I wish Ford would make a big coupe again, especially an affordable one. I would love to see a Mustang-based T-Bird. With the 3.7 V6, 5.0 V8, and SC 5.4 V8, such a T-Bird could go toe-to-toe with the only other true musclecar available: the Challenger. The Mustang and Camaro are 2+2 pony cars, not large 5 passenger musclecars.

• 1 month later...

mustang2.jpg

mustang.jpg

Brilliant!

My pref is the lower one. The tail ights are excellent. They are much more dynamic compared to the top car's. The variable angles are always dangerous in a design, but the eye follows the "logic". Point: the inner-most tailight segments. The angle and position of the inside-side of the light segment runs through to the angle point in the spoiler and the roof sculpture-line. Also, the angled resolution of the bottom of the rear window reinforces similar angles and their geometric complements. If there's an area for improvement, it is the back panel, currently with the horizontal bars and the GT logo, and center cap.

My 2¢ :)

• 5 months later...

I doubt it will happen unless/until Ford adds a 2nd plant for the Fusion triplets. Hermosillo is already near capacity just building sedan variants of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ.

On the other side of the coin from the Altima and Accord coupes, Toyota recently axed the Solara due to slow sales. It's a hit or miss market.

Fixed it for ya Nick.....

A bit more from the guys at Ford Australia:

THANKS for posting that rendering, Jpd! I *really* like it!!

any chance you could post the source link? Want to chop it but it's a bit small and .png's are not my favorite

edit

couldn't wait

Lincoln ZODIAC

th-Zodiac-sedan.jpg

Edited by 2b2