Fg Falcon Coupe by Ford Oz studio

THANKS for posting that rendering, Jpd! I *really* like it!!

any chance you could post the source link? Want to chop it but it's a bit small and .png's are not my favorite

Sorry, I swiped it off another forum.

You could try JEMBSB on the OP, he might have a link to the Ford produced sketches...

...got a new idea but not sure when/if I'll get around to an update

the chop wouldn't do what I was originally thinking of but I'm kinda happy with it anyway smile.gif

m-Zodiac2.jpg_click/bigger

tried to make it look closer to Mustang sized

the de-emphasized grille and extreme fascia style are partly inspired by a discussion at GMI

& the extensions of the chrome above the grille, under the hidden headlites, are LED DRL's...

...they're Not pop-ups; the covers are a bit like eyelids and just slide up under the hood-fender.

edit

updated an mkZ chop (don't remember which thread it's in)

with Zodiac style lights and different grille

th_mkZ-3.jpg th_mkZ-2b2.jpg

click HERE for my full Lincoln lineup

Edited by 2b2

I like the update to the MKZ chop, though I feel the Lincoln star almost looks a bit out of place (too high? not quite sure). I wonder if some sort of technology is out there that would let you have the hidden headlights effect that didn't require any movable shutters/"eyelids" - kinda like transitions eyeglass lenses or something that would match different paint colors?

I'm also wondering if the turn signals could somehow be better integrated/more hidden so they don't stick out as much in "normal" use (headlights off). They stick out to me as a lone vertical element, especially since the headlights are hidden.

----

As for the Zodiac - except for the center grille elements themselves (should have the Lincoln waterfall slats), I actually prefer the original Zodiac chop to the new one, which looks too complicated/overly designed for my liking.

THANKS for the comments, Rmc!

they'll help with thinking about future Lincoln chops - like the Focus-GCM-based mkE that's driving me crazy

...I wonder if some sort of technology is out there that would let you have the hidden headlights effect that didn't require any movable shutters/"eyelids" - kinda like transitions eyeglass lenses or something that would match different paint colors?

interestingly

the body-color transitions idea came up at another forum re these chops

the Mazda Sassou concept used something on that order

but I have a feeling it's not ready for primetime yet

• 2 months later...

...The designers at the studio whip these up which are then auctioned off once a year (as are many other ideas and activities) for the JDRF charity. These sketches can be for public domain, so in no way represent internal programs.

Cheers.

* BUMP *

hi JEMBSB

just wondered if there was another crop of artwork this year?

(hope you see this!)

Edited by 2b2