New to me: 2009 Fusion SEL V6

I've been needing something better on gas than my F-150 for my commute, so Saturday I took the plunge and bought a 2009 Fusion SEL V6 with 46,000 miles. I had to have a red one! Just wanted to share my good news.

post-15380-12740980488185_thumb.jpg

Looks like a sweet ride to me!

I've been needing something better on gas than my F-150 for my commute, so Saturday I took the plunge and bought a 2009 Fusion SEL V6 with 46,000 miles. I had to have a red one! Just wanted to share my good news.

post-15380-12740980488185_thumb.jpg

Good luck with it. Heard they had a lot of transmission problems with the Fusion. Hope they got that all fixed by '09.

Good luck with it. Heard they had a lot of transmission problems with the Fusion. Hope they got that all fixed by '09.

there havent been any issues with the six speeds in the original fusions. the only ones with an "issue" are the 6spds in the 2010's.

enjoy the car! the v6 has some pretty good power if you get the rpms high enough.

there havent been any issues with the six speeds in the original fusions. the only ones with an "issue" are the 6spds in the 2010's.

Correct. In Ford CD3 applications, the Aisin AW 6-speed automatic has been- and continues to be (in the 2010 Fusion SPORT model & the MKZ)- very reliable.

Btw, congratulations 6-cylinder on your 'new' Fusion! It looks great!

Edited by aneekr

enjoy the car! the v6 has some pretty good power if you get the rpms high enough.

The tranny seems very slick. I haven't had occasion to really wring out the engine, yet. What is amazing to me after five years in the F-150 is the handling. It really handles well. Also, I don't seem to have any perception of speed. Everything is so quiet and smooth that I have to be very careful not to drive WAY to fast. And you know red cars get pulled over more often ...

That's news to me. We have an 06 with 60K and the transmission has performed without a hiccup.

It's only the 6F units having problems (2010 2.5, 3.0 Fusion/Milan, Edge/MKX/Flex/MKT/Taurus), not the Aisin units in the pre-2010 Fusion/Milan and 2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ 3.5L.

I really like your car! I have an '08 AWD SEL V6 and have been very satisfied with it. Now don't take this the wrong way because if you like it (or had it installed yourself) that is fine, but personally I don't like the pinstripe on the car. It looks sort of "70's or 80's" to me. That is just my opinion. I know I should probably keep things like that to myself, but I just thought I would give you my opinion.

It's only the 6F units having problems (2010 2.5, 3.0 Fusion/Milan, Edge/MKX/Flex/MKT/Taurus), not the Aisin units in the pre-2010 Fusion/Milan and 2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ 3.5L.

Actually, the Fusion has been very reliable from 06-09. Yes, the 6F35 in the 09-up escape and 10 fusion are the one with problems. I have not seen any issues with the others. Aisins did have a valve body issue on some of them in 06 and it had to do with bore wear also. The other vehicles you mentioned use the 6F50.

Edited by fordtech1

It's a great car. When you get your foot into it (for me, usually on a freeway on-ramp) at about 3500-4000 rpm, the engine comes on nicely.

Only thing I could ever ask for on this car is a BIT (not expecting near-lux levels here) more sound dampening. But, hey, it's Wisconsin. Bentley's are loud on these roads.

I really like your car! I have an '08 AWD SEL V6 and have been very satisfied with it. Now don't take this the wrong way because if you like it (or had it installed yourself) that is fine, but personally I don't like the pinstripe on the car. It looks sort of "70's or 80's" to me. That is just my opinion. I know I should probably keep things like that to myself, but I just thought I would give you my opinion.

I know what you mean. The pinstripe was the first thing I noticed at the dealer. I didn't see it in the internet photos, but it really jumped out at me when I saw it on the lot. That being said, I'm used to it now and don't mind. But, yeah, if I had my choice I'd go without the stripe.

This thread talks about transmission problems with Fusions. Both 5 and 6 speeds. My friend just traded his '06 in with 62K miles because the transmission was doing the same as some of these people's cars were doing. He did get a new Taurus that I talked him into getting.

http://www.ford-forums.com/ford-fusion/9142-ford-fusion-transmission-problems.html

So how does that imply that.....

....they had a lot of transmission problems with the Fusion.

??

personally I think its a case of those with isuues are few, but scream the loudest...look at the post count on the link supplied by coupe3W, you will note the screamers have exceptionally low post counts...pretty typical....and from my standpoint I have heard NOTHING, and the ONLY time I see any fusions in for service is for routine service only. So we have a few detractors, but they are minute in numbers, just like ANY manufacturer there are the odd betrayers of a superior product, and the proble festers when dealers dont adress the issues in the manner expexted by the consumer...the answer is usually blogging like crazy and finding a sympathetic ear from another with the same issue.... :shades:

Edited by Deanh

personally I think its a case of those with isuues are few, but scream the loudest...look at the post count on the link supplied by coupe3W, you will note the screamers have exceptionally low post counts...pretty typical....and from my standpoint I have heard NOTHING, and the ONLY time I see any fusions in for service is for routine service only. So we have a few detractors, but they are minute in numbers, just like ANY manufacturer there are the odd betrayers of a superior product, and the proble festers when dealers dont adress the issues in the manner expexted by the consumer...the answer is usually blogging like crazy and finding a sympathetic ear from another with the same issue.... :shades:

I'm totally with you there ..... and that's not to imply that I believe Ford should receive a free pass and folks turn a blind cheek. I'd be pretty PO'd if I had a vehicle that had these issues, but from my experience backed by several reliability surveys this is far from common (at least from 06-09).

All I've done with the 2006 SEL V-6 that we have is perform oil changes, replace brakes, replace tires and some fluid flushes that were necessary per service interval requirements. That's it! The car looks new, it was driven from Florida to California and it performs without a flaw. This is the vehicle that reaffirmed that the next vehicle that we buy to replace it will more than likely be a Ford.....and this is coming from someone that has owned everything from an Audi to a Volvo (and everything in btwn).

I'm totally with you there ..... and that's not to imply that I believe Ford should receive a free pass and folks turn a blind cheek. I'd be pretty PO'd if I had a vehicle that had these issues, but from my experience backed by several reliability surveys this is far from common (at least from 06-09).

All I've done with the 2006 SEL V-6 that we have is perform oil changes, replace brakes, replace tires and some fluid flushes that were necessary per service interval requirements. That's it! The car looks new, it was driven from Florida to California and it performs without a flaw. This is the vehicle that reaffirmed that the next vehicle that we buy to replace it will more than likely be a Ford.....and this is coming from someone that has owned everything from an Audi to a Volvo (and everything in btwn).

Bingo, every, and I mean EVERY customer I have sold a Fusion has echoed the same sentiments...and beleive me I ask if there have been any issues...customers do NOT return if they have experienced issues, one or two are acceptable...multiple definitely not, although in the Fusions case the answer has always been..."Nope, no problems, car has been perfect..."